Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.newson6.com/story/65aac...d-charged-in-dead-longhorn-investigation

4 OSU FRATERNITY MEMBERS ARRESTED, CHARGED IN DEAD LONGHORN INVESTIGATION
Stillwater Police arrested four members of the Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity at Oklahoma State, accused of leaving a dead longhorn on the Farmhouse Fraternity lawn in December.
Friday, January 19th 2024, 12:50 pm

By: Jordan Tidwell

STILLWATER, Okla -
FacebookXGmailEmailShare
Stillwater Police arrested four members of the Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity at Oklahoma State, accused of leaving a dead longhorn on the Farmhouse Fraternity lawn in December.

Court documents say this was a prank war between the two fraternities, and the longhorn was already dead of natural causes before it was branded and dropped off at Farmhouse.

Stillwater Police say Bennett Fady, Luke Ackerley, Brody Shelby, and Andrew King now face misdemeanor charges of unlawful disposal of a carcass.

The affidavit says the four men dumped the dead longhorn on the lawn of the FarmHouse fraternity on December 1st.

Related Story: Dead Longhorn Found In Front Of Oklahoma State Fraternity House

It says video surveillance from FarmHouse shows three people tying a strap around the porch pillar, and a fourth person pulling the truck away, and the longhorn falling off the trailer.

Investigators say that the longhorn came from the property of a family member of a separate AGR member.

They say the four had borrowed someone's truck to haul the longhorn, and the owner of that truck said he didn't know what it was going to be used for.

Investigators served a search warrant at the AGR house to get video from the time of the incident but say a large portion of surveillance video was missing from around that time.

Related Story: Search Warrant Served At OSU Fraternity House Involved In Dead Longhorn Investigation

Oklahoma State says it expects all students to adhere to the university code of conduct, and appropriate action will be taken based on the outcome of an ongoing internal investigation.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Oklahoma? Did the authorities swab it too?🤣

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder what the actual charges are....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully the DA drops the charges unless there is more to the story.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I went to four years of college, and was asked to join a fraternity, as a freshman. I didn’t join and had zero interest in doing so.
I read a lot about hazing, and even deaths in frat initations, due to extreme forced alcohol consumption. I had a close friend who did join and I recall that his hazing was brutal. He was puking his guts up from too much alcohol, His ass was black and blue for weeks from being beaten.
Have fraternities out lived their usefulness, if they ever were useful? I don’t see the point in torturing someone so they can become a part of “the group.”

Last edited by dale06; 01/21/24.

NRA Patron
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I was in a fraternity when I went to agricultural college in the 80's. There was technically "hazing" but nothing malicious or involving alcohol or physical injury. Everything revolved around overcoming hardship as a form of teambuilding. Probably similar to the tactics the military uses to build trust and cohesion in a group, but to a much, much less intensity.

Simple things we endured were things like carrying bricks in a bag. Every pledge started with 2 bricks. If you were caught not carrying your bricks, or left them unattended and a brother grabbed them, then your bricks doubled. We had some idiots that would get theirs stolen all the time and would be up to 40 bricks. Of course no one can carry that many, so their pledge brothers would have to carry some for them. You started to get pretty pissed at a fellow pledge that couldn't manage the game and was becoming a burden on the others. And at the same time, the fellow pledges would start policing/protecting their own to prevent a guy from forgetting his bag of bricks or having his bricks stolen.

I heard stories of other fraternities using excessive drinking, paddling etc. Not a place I'd join.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Arrested for dumping a cow which was already dead? It is a college frat prank. Give me a break.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As long as the story of the cow dying of disease is the truth, I don't see the big problem. Now if they stole it and killed it, I would see the big deal. Give them a small punishment and let them go.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Nobody can take a joke anymore.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Stillwater Police say Bennett Fady, Luke Ackerley, Brody Shelby, and Andrew King now face misdemeanor charges of unlawful disposal of a carcass.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That’s pretty lame.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I’m still curious if they did a DNA swab 😆

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by viking
I’m still curious if they did a DNA swab 😆

Dear God, are you implying that a frat boy would bang a dead cow?

Say it ain't so, Joe.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Well…..

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The most important question. Was the Longhorn female?

I mean, a little necrophilia and bestiality is one thing

But homo, bestiality and necrophilia is Savagery!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
As long as the story of the cow dying of disease is the truth, I don't see the big problem. Now if they stole it and killed it, I would see the big deal. Give them a small punishment and let them go.

^^^This^^^

Some kind of community service with differed adjudication is the max they should get.

It’s a college prank. Nothing more.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
but but

they got caught, that's punishment enough

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Was it a first cousin?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Thanks, I missed that. Read the "accused of..." line which is usually newspeak for "we don't want to sat the charges because they are stupid".

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was having deja vu or everyone else has aluminum frying pan dementia on this.

There was thread about this in December on here. Pics were posted bloated bovine,etc.

But THIS THREAD is about the perps being charged.

10-4

over and out.

PS, please do your own footnotes 👏🏻 👍

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,524
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.