Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SS336
Dan is the man!
He has lead an interesting life. I, for one , wish he would publish a book of his experiences.

^^^This^^^
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I’ve read and re-read DD’s stories posted here several times. I suggested the same to him a couple of times.
It would be a great book that most couldn’t put down once they started reading it.

Also watched the Documentary Ace mentioned above on Amazon Prime. Excellent viewing.
And the first thing I thought of when watching it was of DD and reading his stories posted here on the Fire.

Also, I had two Uncles that were Vietnam vets. Both Marine Recon.
Both said chopper pilots like DD saved their bacon more than a few times over there.
Thankfully, they both made it home.

Thanks again DD for your Service and for posting your personal stories / experiences here for all to read.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I join the others for saluting DD for his service and sharing his stories here on the fire.
You have a gift in story telling that I admire......

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Ace. I will watch that! Read Chicken Hawk many years back. Still recall pieces of it.

And many heartfelt thanks to DD! I first encountered you on the AR forums. Always a font of wisdom and I'm ever grateful to men like you.

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hot LZs, no fun for anyone.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Loach drivers in the flying egg acting as bait, FAC and Covey Riders in glorified Cessnas; well, it takes a special breed, and I'm glad they're on our side.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hardly a day goes by that I don't have a flashback or at least a memory of something in 'Nam. I'm positive that's true for Dan and every other veteran of those times. None of us came home unchanged, for sure.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve really enjoyed reading Rocky’s books and the chapters DD posted here awhile back.
Sign me up as another member encouraging DD to complete a book about his adventures.
I’m an avid reader of American military history and Dans memories would be an important contribution.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I read it years ago, never forgot the bravery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for your service Digital Dan!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure agree with the OP/Aces and the other good things posted about Dan. He also was on the ball and of key help to the SW guys in our efforts to tend to a buddy in need. Despite that, turned out that we were too late. Best to you, Dan.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m glad that others are on the same page. 👍🏼

Thanks for the replies everyone.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Thanks to all you fellas, dunno if I'm worthy of such praise.

One of the more curious adventures over there began early AM, 1 Oct '69. Started raining, and then it got quite cool. Cold enough actually that we put on our flight jackets and closed the hootch windows. Just to illustrate the unusual nature of the event, whilst visiting the outhouse one morning there appeared a bamboo viper next to my throne. Anyone not familiar with SE Asia snakes should know they look very much like a green snake, but have a red tail tip. And fangs. Little bastards can kill you right there. AND, they can warm the day up quite a bit. You may notice my jacket is unzipped?

Would that be because your handgun (a 38 revolver I think was standard issue) was in a shoulder holster?

/john

That's classified info, sorry. grin

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m glad that others are on the same page. 👍🏼

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Another great thread ! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
This xTen !

Originally Posted by wabigoon
I salute Mister Daniel, and all that served.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 63 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,684
Posts18,475,043
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.