Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty much says it all…. We had an 18 wheeler like that blocking all lanes of I 10 last week…..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's just resting. It's not uncommon here, the county plans on flopping at least one or two every winter. Normally it bends the frame and they get scrapped.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
You guys in Missouri are getting all of the junk weather today. We get it starting tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Not good

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by ldholton
You guys in Missouri are getting all of the junk weather today. We get it starting tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

kwg
I don't know if it'll work that way when it gets to you or not but the good part here is it's warming up right behind it so it's not going to last long..

so many climates that see lots of winter weather very seldom get the solid ice. we get this ice stuff way more than average it seems like.

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We live on a gravel rd and our drive is 1/4 mile long . the ice is melting on the trees and the front porch ( concrete slab ) but the roads were already snow packed then this ice , now the mist and melt has made this a bad bad deal . cant walk in the drive or on the gravel. took the truck 4wh drive to check the mail and had to drive in the grass to get there only to find our mail man and a couple of 4 wh drive trucks in the road stuck on both sides of the driveway. everyone waiting for help. dont have a set of chains for the tractor so I cant help . checked on everyone then turned around in the grass and came home. I have 6 butcher hogs in the trailer in the barn , supposed to take to the butcher shop this morning. UUUGGGHHH !

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We live on a gravel rd and our drive is 1/4 mile long . the ice is melting on the trees and the front porch ( concrete slab ) but the roads were already snow packed then this ice , now the mist and melt has made this a bad bad deal . cant walk in the drive or on the gravel. took the truck 4wh drive to check the mail and had to drive in the grass to get there only to find our mail man and a couple of 4 wh drive trucks in the road stuck on both sides of the driveway. everyone waiting for help. dont have a set of chains for the tractor so I cant help . checked on everyone then turned around in the grass and came home. I have 6 butcher hogs in the trailer in the barn , supposed to take to the butcher shop this morning. UUUGGGHHH !

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ha! We had that happen at our old place. Plow slid off the road onto the neighbors property. A cop at our driveway was trying to get the county to close the road. Wasn't till that happened they finally did.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jar
Several family members and a buddy down your way said they stayed in this morning.

A cousin outside of Strasburg slid from the drive onto county road then just the crown slid him sideways back into the field. Said he just turned towards the house and stayed in the field. Called it a day before 6 this morning.

HVAC guy is between Urich and Blairstown and said he hadn't left the house as of 9 this morning.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We are still waiting for it to warm up and get rid of this ice we got last night. It is slicker than elephant snot. It is just now 32 degrees and makes it slicker. You all can have our share and yours if you want it. I need to go get my heart medicine sometime today. The older I get the worst I hate this crap. We have a warming coming after this stuff gets gone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We got 1" of sleet last Monday. Tues and Wed the roads were solid ice and vehicles in ditches everywhere (except for the smart ones...... they stayed home). By Thur there were ruts and you could get around and it warmed up. From Friday on, it was ok. Still a little ice in shady spots, but it's raining today, so it should be gone by tonight.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We live in northeast Missouri and it's icy here too. Starting to melt and the blacktop road is getting better. Not going anywhere though. I heard I70 was closed sometime today. Several fatalities and wrecks. It's even bad on a sunny summer day though!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (450yukon, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 2ndwind, 14 invisible), 1,702 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,379
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.