Print Thread
Hop To
L
Loper Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Each year I eagerly await Browning to offer an x-bolt in a configuration or chambering that I want. However, this year I was let down again.

I’d love to see a run of stainless stalkers, similar to the right handed versions, with a standard synthetic stock and not a laminate or McMillan. If the barrel was 18” and threaded that would be a bonus, but if not, I can get that taken care of.

Anyone else get excited this time of year to see if us lefties received any love from Browning?

https://www.browning.com/news/articles/shot-show-specials.html

GB1

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Yea I’m with you … happy they are doing some clays guns in recent years, but usually see all the new bolt action rifles and oh…. I can get these limited items. Or pick up a righty and use it as a single shot.

S
S
I have been waiting for a left hand stalker in 270 WSM for years. I stopped waiting and bought a used left handed A-bolt stalker model in 270 Win. The gun has some wear and tear but it shoots great.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Loper
Anyone else get excited this time of year to see if us lefties received any love from Browning?

Nope. Only thing Browning could do to excite me is bringing Winchester M70 (or any Winchester marked firearm) production back to the US and offer it in left hand. We all know that ain't happening.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
One of the 2018 Shot Show specials was an XBolt "Long Range" (?) stainless fluted mid-weight barrel, gray laminate stock with adjustable cheek piece, offered Left hand 6.5CM, 1:7" twist. Picked one up and handled it three times at SAS's one afternoon. But, did not want to spring the $$$'s back then. Still haunts me...

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Don't know if we will ever see a synthetic Stalker lefty Browning. Probably too expensive to have a mold made for what they consider a limited market. I did buy one of the Speed McMillan's in 6.5 PRC and love the gun.

The Speeds have all but disappeared other than a few on GunBroker in 6.8 Western. They are back up over $2,000.00 again. Still several Long Range models for $1,500.00 or so. May still be some in local shops?

They did bring a McMillan Long Range out in 7mm PRC but it weighs close to 8 lbs bare and are 2 grand. I'll wait and see if they do a Speed 7 PRC. If they ever do a plain
X-bolt in 7PRC, I'll just buy one and put it in a McMillan myself.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If they could just make the one's they have on there web site available I would LOVE to grab one in 223 with the new to them faster twist rate barrels.

L
Loper Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by scottf270
Don't know if we will ever see a synthetic Stalker lefty Browning. Probably too expensive to have a mold made for what they consider a limited market. I did buy one of the Speed McMillan's in 6.5 PRC and love the gun.

The Speeds have all but disappeared other than a few on GunBroker in 6.8 Western. They are back up over $2,000.00 again. Still several Long Range models for $1,500.00 or so. May still be some in local shops?

They did bring a McMillan Long Range out in 7mm PRC but it weighs close to 8 lbs bare and are 2 grand. I'll wait and see if they do a Speed 7 PRC. If they ever do a plain
X-bolt in 7PRC, I'll just buy one and put it in a McMillan myself.

I was very tempted to buy a Speed rifle in left hand, especially once the prices dipped down to $1,500. However, it wasn’t exactly what I wanted and I decided not to. I’m glad you love the gun.

Originally Posted by 25aught6
If they could just make the one's they have on there web site available I would LOVE to grab one in 223 with the new to them faster twist rate barrels.

I would definitely buy a lefty x-bolt hunter in 223 with a fast twist if they decide to ever produce them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.