-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some goose loads in BB,or T. You will want to take that thing out at a distance. If you are close enough to hit it with snake/ rat / dove shot, you are in the blast zone.

It doesn't matter who gets more votes, It matters who counts the votes.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Indeed. Beretta 1301 needs a workout.

How do you like it? Been on my radar lately as something I need to add to the shopping list.

Teal, I haven't shot it yet. That's why I said it needs a workout. I wanted a good optic and scoured the internet for one for a while. Ended up picking up an Aimpoint H2 micro 2MOA and a TAC Aridus Aimpoint micro cowitness mount. CROM-1301T-T2.

For now, I've got a Rem 870 Tactical loaded for bear and '56 Win Model 12 on deck.

How about you?

Well I'm fair to midlin with the CXS and I have the Garand here too, in case any of those dog looking Darpa robots come running. Course there's the AR and 2 different 1911's ready too.

Lol. I hear ya. I didn't get into the room by room. Without even tappin the safes.

And they're saying it's gonna get squirrelly in 2024 with more antifa and blm type riots. Funny thing, those rats never show up anywhere where citizens might defend themselves and their families and property.

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/23/24.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And that right there is enough reason to change all drone laws and allow destruction of drones in anyone's personal space.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Twopatch
Some goose loads in BB,or T. You will want to take that thing out at a distance. If you are close enough to hit it with snake/ rat / dove shot, you are in the blast zone.
I will stick with #4 lead.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any shotgun suitable for upland bird or waterfowl hunting. Any lead or steel load suitable for same. 12 or 20.

A load of Federal Black Cloud and your favorite duck or goose gun would be perfect.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
And that right there is enough reason to change all drone laws and allow destruction of drones in anyone's personal space.

Agreed.

Bigger problem though…These are chincey little drones. U.S.gov doesn’t fool around with that junk. They’ve got the good stuff.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Twopatch
I will stick with #4 lead.
Glad to see you and I finally agree on something. Damn few things a load of 4's won't fix..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Jews in Israelis have been bragging about this capability for years. They advertise them as assassination tools, though.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Cant imagine why a AA Trap Load in 7.5 wouldn't work
I don't know. Hickok45 was using that load on clay flower pots at about 20 yards and most of the pellets just left lead colored marks on them, only a couple penetrating.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
That’s pretty chicken [bleep]; killing an unarmed man like that. I know, “but Ukraine!”

Well, he should have armed himself

🤭
It's a movie quote. Unforgiven.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Is this video real or just an AI video game?
Always a thought. Occurred to me, too. But I'll say, likely real.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Yep.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When those little drones first came onto the scene it was actually an SOP to "attempt" to use our shotguns to knock them down. However almost all the shotguns on the rack are geared towards breeching and have open chokes and 00 buck. Add to that that most soldiers couldn't shoot for chit and it turned pretty frugal
Nowadays we have much more effective countermeasures against them. But they still can be a threat.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
if he is a soldier in a war zone, armed or not (and frankly, how can you tell one way or the other from the video?) he is fair game.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Would a 5.45x39 loaded with snake shot work?

Snake loads are strictly short range, too short to save that guy from harm.

TSS is the correct answer. Very hard, and denser than lead, so it penetrates better. #9 TSS penetrates like #5 lead and a 12ga spits out a whole lot of them. They cost only a little more than a SAM.😜

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348

TSS is the correct answer. Very hard, and denser than lead, so it penetrates better. #9 TSS penetrates like #5 lead and a 12ga spits out a whole lot of them. They cost only a little more than a SAM.😜

/\ /\ TSS Black Cloud.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That’s pretty chicken [bleep]; killing an unarmed man like that. I know, “but Ukraine!”

Well, he should have armed himself

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For close quarters BS like that. And yes, they do work. I’ve shot clay pigeons with them in my 44 mag

Those look fun.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Tungsten.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
You need to go after the overhead drone or whatever is providing the video and/or a guidance link unless the “pilot” is pretty close.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by navlav8r
You need to go after the overhead drone or whatever is providing the video and/or a guidance link unless the “pilot” is pretty close.

These drone pilots are imbedded with ground units. They usually aren’t too far from the action. Well within range of even the simple drones being used in Ukraine. In a way, they’re kind of like a modern mortar team. Indirect fire at the small unit level.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (2UP, 160user, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,430
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.