Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
New York Illegals Complain About Relocations Disrupting Their Children's Education While Schools close to house Illegals forcing long time residents to "Distance (Not) learn.

NEW YORK -- New York City Council Speaker Adrienne Adams and a group of council members want Mayor Eric Adams to stop evicting asylum seekers from city-provided housing.

Currently, families must find new places to stay after 60 days and single adults must move after 30 days.

Reyna Alvarez, a single mother of four, said she came here to escape violence in Venezuela. Through a translator, she said moving out of a shelter after 60 days caused extra stress while she looks for work.

"They keep changing us one day after the next, and it's putting our child's education in jeopardy," said Alvarez.

She joined another family outside Metro Baptist Church on West 40th Street, which has been providing services to new immigrants.

Two weeks ago, we reported on about 40 families, including a pregnant woman, getting evicted from The Row Hotel near Times Square.

Last week, we found single adults spending days waiting in freezing temperatures outside a processing center they were evicted from after 30 days.

"Giving 30-day and 60-day eviction notices is not case management. It's psychological torture," said immigration advocate Power Malu.

"I urge the mayor to abandon this counterproductive and cruel, cruel tactic," said Speaker Adams.

The mayor's administration said it has been trying to keep families close to their children's original schools.

"Do not tell me that they can move elsewhere and get a bus. I can't get buses for my special education students," said Councilwoman Gale Brewer.

"Our mayor is a slumlord," said Deputy City Council Speaker Diana Ayala. "What is the goal here? Other than to break down the moral character of these folks."

A spokesperson for Mayor Adams said they are using the limited tools available and, "As thousands of people continue to arrive here every month, the federal government must finish the job they started by allowing migrants to immediately work, provide meaningful financial support so cities can continue to manage this crisis, and create a coordinated entry system."

In the past, the mayor said the eviction policy was necessary as the city runs out of room. He claimed most people do end up finding housing on their own.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, Democrats having problems and having absolutely no understanding of that problem even though it's plainly obvious to others is always fun to watch..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Maybe if "immigrants" squawk loudly enough about their "trials and tribulations", the flow will slow???????

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been waiting since before I was old enough to vote (legally?) for this

and create a coordinated entry system."

Think we'll ever see that happen?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are not here legally, I don't feel sorry for them, Imo give them a one-way plane ticket back where they came from.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Complaining illegal freeloaders, hmm!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Riverc
They are not here legally, I don't feel sorry for them, Imo give them a one-way plane ticket back where they came from.
Exactly, except send them by boat.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Let 'em swim.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Send all here illegal, back to their home country, by the cheapest method available. If possible they must work for their passage. They also go to where ever, in their country, that is the farthest from a U.S. border. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Round all their illegal asses up and drop them off anywhere but here. Fugg em

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Lol, and pack them on like sardines.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They should have never been here. Fugging welfare rats, no skills, no job, just show up and expect American taxpayers to cater to them.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Democrats and RINOs have allowed this invasion. They should all be tried for treason. And hanged.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Democrats and RINOs have allowed this invasion. They should all be tried for treason. And hanged.
I'm for that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy

I won't disagree with you something should be done to these traitors.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They don't need an education to pick crops, mow grass , work in food service and hospitality .

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wah, wah, wah......... They can always go back home... (hint)

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We’re beginning to see some of them on corners and intersections holding signs… unbelievable what America has become

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Apparently they are knocking on doors and asking for food so they are not productive members of society.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EFHutton
We’re beginning to see some of them on corners and intersections holding signs… unbelievable what America has become
I saw that months ago. Mestizos with signs like this, and big smiles: "Newly Arrived Immigrant, Please Help." I never saw anyone give them anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 1lessdog, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,681
Posts18,474,998
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.