B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a VX-7 2.5 to 10
And I really don’t like the reticle I have not called Leupold yet
But I believe they will change it anyone know the procedure and cost?

Thanks Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VX7? Are you sure?

Leupold shut down their custom shop and no longer offer reticle or turret changes.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep Leupold won't do reticle changes anymore, and Leupold does not plan on doing them again. I recall they were 75 bucks back in the day.
I have two 6.5-20X EFRs at https://targetshooteroptics.com/Services_and_Prices.html for 1/2 dot install. I sent one in November, and one in January.
Still did not get back the first one. They charge 225.00 each, and they are known to be slow.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
VX-7s were amazing scopes, I regret selling the one I bought and then sold here. Leupold is a shell of their roots, they used to care about the product and customers. The custom shop reflected that. The fact that it is gone is the canary in the coal mine of how the company operates now. All about the $$$s, the customer is a necessary annoyance and the warranty policy is a calculated number just like insurance. If Leupold pulled a Nikon it would cease to exist.

I am not bashing the “does it dial, blah blah”. I love my VX-6 for what it is, I am merely stating my opinion on their business practices under the current leadership.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The custom shop was clearly a losing money business. If you owned it would you continue to lose money? Rocket science here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by EdM
The custom shop was clearly a losing money business. If you owned it would you continue to lose money? Rocket science here.

Probably right. Yet the demand is obviously there, as evidenced by posts like this. Charge more for the service and let the market decide when it is too much. Capitalism works

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by cotis
Originally Posted by EdM

Probably right. Yet the demand is obviously there, as evidenced by posts like this. Charge more for the service and let the market decide when it is too much. Capitalism works

I agree. I also suspect the whiners for $150+ work.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There’s a market, but perhaps not enough of one to carry the cost of a custom shop. OTOH, such a service might be a selling point for their scopes.

Personally, I try to buy stuff that meets my requirements as-is, or adapt to what I can find. Other scope specs matter more to me than the aiming point, within reason.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Leupold’s custom shop helped to sell scopes, so there’s that economic consideration.

I wouldn’t entirely like it, but I’d give Leupold $200-$250 to change reticles in some of my scopes. I’d like to think the custom shop could at least break even then…….
Leupold management was taken over by yuppies—see their president.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The custom shop took too much time away from the repair shop which is always doing record repairs…😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would buy a couple of Mark 4s if they would convert them to mrad knobs. But they won't.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Leupold’s custom shop helped to sell scopes, so there’s that economic consideration.

I wouldn’t entirely like it, but I’d give Leupold $200-$250 to change reticles in some of my scopes. I’d like to think the custom shop could at least break even then…….

Would you run a break even business?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had Premier Reticles do one or two for me. Then, if I recall, Leupold made them stop.....or.....something happened. Then I sent one or two to Leupold.... then they stopped.

Its a shame.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Not every aspect of every business always makes money,

Some break even or even incurr a slight loss,

It’s what’s keeps the overall customer base interested and buying their products.

You ever think about all those free parts they send out?

The guy on the tech line or the phone banks that ring all day every day? That phone tech charging you per call? No.

It’s all part of the overall picture.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The custom shop took too much time away from the repair shop which is always doing record repairs…😂

Unfortunately, this is probably true.

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
This scope is a beautiful scope but 3.5 to 10 with Duplex

IMHO its almost useless for what I want

its a shame

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

When I contacted Leupold about some warranty work on a VX5, I asked about the Custom Shop reopening. I was told that the Custom Shop technicians had been moved to the warranty service area.

Forbidden Zoner
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus

When I contacted Leupold about some warranty work on a VX5, I asked about the Custom Shop reopening. I was told that the Custom Shop technicians had been moved to the warranty service area.

That’s exactly what I figured and my smart ass reply was hinting at. I never did talk to anyone nor was I told that they had moved their personnel to warranty repair but I can read between the lines. 😀

Thanks for the confirming of my suspicions Al. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Would you run a break even business?

If it contributed to making money for the rest of the business, sure.
In my profession it happens all the time, sometimes even intentionally…😲

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by EdM
Not every aspect of every business always makes money,

Some break even or even incurr a slight loss,

It’s what’s keeps the overall customer base interested and buying their products.

You ever think about all those free parts they send out?

The guy on the tech line or the phone banks that ring all day every day? That phone tech charging you per call? No.

It’s all part of the overall picture.

Well in O&G it was all about profit (shareholder value) and we sold off businesses that did not deliver. The private sector is figuring it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,898
Posts18,479,278
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.