Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by denton
Originally Posted by plumbum
If the feds cut it……..can the Texas Rangers arrest them for destruction of property?

I think so, but the feds will surely invoke qualified immunity. Popcorn popped.

No, the supremacy clause.

I don't think that the Supremacy Clause protects the feds in this case. We shall see.

We shall see? Uuhhh...no. We already know if we can read and comprehend. We may have been told from the day we learned to walk that whatever the SCOTUS says is the final word, but no, it is not.

I am shocked I would have to point this out to you, but the States did not ratify a document for the purpose of forfeiting their autonomy and that's why federal power is very strictly defined in the very document that PERMITS the central government to exist. The creature does not have authority over the creator, and especially when the creator says the creature does not command the creator (re: Tenth Amendment). The "supremacy clause" does not say "oh, and we were joking about that silly Tenth Amendment---we were just joking." All these high fallutin' lawyers in three piece suits might want to convince us that all these precedents and all this case law establishes this, that, and the other, but that is all BULLSHIT.

The Constitution was written with a certain amount of clarity and we don't need some elitist Harvard lawyer sonuvabitch to tell us what it means. SCOTUS has been miles out of bounds for many years and all this so-called "constitutional law" needs to be taken out with the trash...lots of trash.

Bottom line: the supremacy clause has no bearing or validity in reference to legislation that exceeds the limitations codified in the Tenth Amendment.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SCOTUS opinion was valid when both sides agreed to abide by that opinion.That may have just changed.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Razor wire on the south side of the border would be harder to remove, especially if a few long range rifles were providing some covering fire. Donate a few bottles of good quality tequila to the right Mexican officials, and they would make sure it stays put.

Good idea, but better to put it on the north side and pop them in the river when they get to the wire. Let them float to the gulf.

Floaters going downstream would be a great deterrent and convince many on the south side its not a good trip.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/26/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I don’t really give a phuque about any “constitutional” issues at this point. It’s all just talk. If the constitution doesn’t say a state can protect itself against the bullshit, then it should. And if it doesn’t, then it’s crap not worth the paper it’s written on. It’s time to move on.

The Constitution is a piece of paper, it isn’t a suicide pact.
Aren‘t you a lawyer?

Yeah, and that’s why I know “law” is not a damned thing more than what someone says it is AND is willing and able to enforce with a gun.

You guys would all be a lot better off if you quit waxing rhapsodic over some damned ancient piece of paper no one pays any attention to. It’s a great old document with lots of good ideas, but they quit mattering the second the other side decided to quit paying attention to them.

Last edited by JoeBob; 01/26/24.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by plumbum
If the feds cut it……..can the Texas Rangers arrest them for destruction of property?

I think so, but the feds will surely invoke qualified immunity. Popcorn popped.

No, the supremacy clause.

I don't think that the Supremacy Clause protects the feds in this case. We shall see.

I was referring to Texas trying to arrest feds.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t really give a phuque about any “constitutional” issues at this point. It’s all just talk. If the constitution doesn’t say a state can protect itself against the bullshit, then it should. And if it doesn’t, then it’s crap not worth the paper it’s written on. It’s time to move on.

Aren‘t you a lawyer?

Yeah, and that’s why I know “law” is not a damned thing more than what someone says it is AND is willing and able to enforce with a gun.

You guys would all be a lot better off if you quit waxing rhapsodic over some damned ancient piece of paper no one pays any attention to. It’s a great old document with lots of good ideas, but they quit mattering the second the other side decided to quit paying attention to them.

Spoken like a well indoctrinated member of the bar.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Aren‘t you a lawyer?

Just because “THEY” don’t give a damn about that “damned ancient piece of paper” doesn’t mean that WE THE PEOPLE don’t give a damn!

My God does anyone have a fu.cking spine or has the whole clown show gone COWARD? The Constitution IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR…..dumbass!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Governments exist by the consent of the governed. When that consent is betrayed or ignored, it's time to make changes- - - -peacefully, if possible. If not- - - - -the arrogant azzoles doing the betraying can FAFO!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Aren‘t you a lawyer?

Just because “THEY” don’t give a damn about that “damned ancient piece of paper” doesn’t mean that WE THE PEOPLE don’t give a damn!

My God does anyone have a fu.cking spine or has the whole clown show gone COWARD? The Constitution IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR…..dumbass!

Worse than that. I imagine all the good men who are in the ground as a result of their commitment to defend that "meaningless piece of paper" thinking that they wasted their lives for worthless, unappreciative cocksuckers.

Don't be the darkness.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I hope Texas and the other States stand together and stay together on this, but I think it's going to take way more than razor wire, National Guards, and Militias...They gotta get real dirty, get some Republican donors, get some busses, load said busses full of shipments of illegals and start shipping them to every damn Purple state in the north until they can't handle it anymore....Make them pay for fugking up the 2020 election with mail in ballot shenanigans...Make them beg and plead Biden for assistance, and none will come. Then maybe we can win those states in the election for Trump.

The SCOTUS will never rule in Texas favor in the upcoming case, they already had a similar case with almost the same language a decade ago against Arizona. No way will they start letting local and state authorities start enforcing immigration laws and arrest illegals for not coming by a port of entry. It violates the Constitution because the FEDs are supposed to have sole control of enforcing the immigration laws, but they don't do it.

So make all these other states pay like hell until the Supreme Court decision comes...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 01/26/24.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah!….that “damned old ancient piece of paper” is something that THEY are NOT supposed to like because it LIMITS what THEY can do to US! Seems pretty simple…..even for a lawyer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Watched a Gov Abbott interview from Thursday. According to him, all SCOTUS did was send the matter back to the 5th circuit court.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
I hope Texas and the other States stand together and stay together on this, but I think it's going to take way more than razor wire, National Guards, and Militias...They gotta get real dirty, get some Republican donors, get some busses, load said busses full of shipments of illegals and start shipping them to every damn Purple state in the north until they can't handle it anymore....Make them pay for fugking up the 2020 election with mail in ballot shenanigans...Make them beg and plead Biden for assistance, and none will come. Then maybe we can win those states in the election for Trump.

The SCOTUS will never rule in Texas favor in the upcoming case, they already had a similar case with almost the same language a decade ago against Arizona. No way will they start letting local and state authorities start enforcing immigration laws and arrest illegals for not coming by a port of entry. It violates the Constitution because the FEDs are supposed to have sole control of enforcing the immigration laws, but they don't do it.

So make all these other states pay like hell until the Supreme Court decision comes...

Where are you going to send them?

Minnesota is filled with so many self-loathing Norwegians, they won't care if the white is bred right out of them.

Maine has so many potheads it will be 2073 before they even notice.

The entire west coast would welcome 8 billion illegals.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Aren‘t you a lawyer?

I love our Constitution and see most of the men that wrote it as brilliant visionaries. Our Founders knew that human nature never changes and wrote the Constitution with that in mind. What the Framers of our Constitution couldn’t plan for was that in the less than 250 years since it was written. Human nature would remain the same but the world would change more technologically and culturally than throughout all the rest of human history.

The US Constitution is the best legal document ever written IMO but the world has changed so much in a short time that most Americans today no longer care about what is supposed to be our form of law and they don’t share our Founders cultural values. I’m not sure that it’s possible to ever bring this country back in line with the original vision.

I sometimes think about what our Founders could have done differently to safeguard against what this country has turned into. I doubt that there’s anything that they could have done. Our Constitution only works if the will of the people allows it to.

The Documents are as true today as they ever were and are brilliant. The shortcoming is with We the People. How do you get something back when most people no longer care about it or want it? I don’t know what the answer is to that and there’s no document that could safeguard against that.

I see where things are headed, towards centralized control and borderless global populations that are allowed or encouraged to live any meaningless degenerate lifestyle that they want as a distraction so long as they do not question authority. Absent a faith in God or a belief in our Founding ideals I’m not sure what moral compass someone would have to fight against where things are headed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Yeah!….that “damned old ancient piece of paper” is something that THEY are NOT supposed to like because it LIMITS what THEY can do to US! Seems pretty simple…..even for a lawyer.

Tell me how that piece of paper limits someone. Will it ask the nicely? Will it call the police? Will it grab a gun and shoot them? Hell, will it even make sure that someone reading it, reads it correctly? It won’t and can’t do any of that.

The only people limited by any constitution are those who choose to be limited by it. If one side has no limits and the other side agrees to limit itself based upon beliefs in a piece or paper, which side do you think will win?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Aren‘t you a lawyer?

I love our Constitution and see most of the men that wrote it as brilliant visionaries. Our Founders knew that human nature never changes and wrote the Constitution with that in mind. What the Framers of our Constitution couldn’t plan for was that in the less than 250 years since it was written. Human nature would remain the same but the world would change more technologically and culturally than throughout all the rest of human history.

The US Constitution is the best legal document ever written IMO but the world has changed so much in such a short time that most Americans today no longer care about what is supposed to be our form of law and they don’t share our Founders cultural values. I’m not sure that it’s possible ever bring this country back in line with the original vision.

I sometimes think about what our Founders could have done differently to safeguard against what this country has turned into. I doubt that there’s anything that they could have done. Our Constitution only works if the will of the people allows it to.

The Documents are as true today as they ever were and are brilliant. The shortcoming is with We the People. How do you get something back when most people no longer care about it or want it? I don’t know what the answer is to that and there’s no document that could safeguard against that.

I see where things are headed, towards centralized control and borderless global populations that are allowed or encouraged to live any meaningless degenerate lifestyle that they want as a distraction so long as they do not question authority. Absent a faith in God or a belief in our Founding ideals I’m not sure what moral compass someone would have to fight against where things are headed.

Pretty much.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The "supremacy clause" does not say "oh, and we were joking about that silly Tenth Amendment.
You got that out of sequence. The Supremacy Clause was in the Constitution of 1789, and the 10th Amendment was its modifier, i.e., came later, being the final plank of the Bill of Rights. In Constitutional law, when one part seems inconsistent with another, what comes later (an amendment) prevails over what was there before.

There is also a clear cutout for states to make war when they are being invaded, and that regardless of Congressional approval. When the Constitution refers to Congressional approval or action, it means the Federal Government as a whole. - Article I, Section 10

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You got that out of sequence. The Supremacy Clause was in the Constitution of 1789, and the 10th Amendment was its modifier, i.e., came later, being the final plank of the Bill of Rights.

Yes, you are right. I should have written that in a different way.

Don't be the darkness.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Aren‘t you a lawyer?

There really is a lot of truth here.

The Constitution only matters to the extent to which everyone in the country and particularly those who rule over us are willing to follow it. That’s all a country is… a people willing to all play by the same rules.

One side has abandoned the rules, and have legions of apparatchiks in government schools, their propaganda corps, in the SCOTUS, legislature, and executive branches, all prepared to proclaim to their faithful subjects how all their efforts to overthrow the Republic are perfectly Constitutional.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The constitution was written to limit the government and its powers.
The government enjoys the power and control and no longer wants to be controlled by the mere people.
By continuing to overstep their authority and failing to act during this active invasion of our country, they have failed to uphold the governments side of the agreement.
They also are creating unrest and even rebellion in our border states which is gaining support from other states. If this rebellion should take hold and truly become our second civil war,,,

Will the government encourage United Nations involvement and intervention to regain control of United States citizens?
Could this be a back door introduction to a World Government and a way to eliminate interference from our Constitution and Bill of Rights?
Is this the direction towards the End Game for the New World Order?
Something to think about.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 3,297 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,739
Posts18,535,320
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.