Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We need to get AWAY from a strong, centralized federal government and back to the Union of United States. We have somehow gotten to the point where people think it has to “be the same way everywhere” or else it isn’t fair..boohoo. If a state wants to make abortion illegal then you should not live there if you’re looking forward to having one. Each state should be free from the tit of the BLOATED federal government.

Yep. The states should take back their sovereignty. States rights would solve a lot of our issues.
The issue of states rights was settled in 1865. Lincoln was a hero. Let's not try to fight that war again. The South lost. Get over it.
LOL lincum ain’t a hero

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Raspy
Yes, the south (Democrats-Liberals) did lose,

Go visit Detroit, Baltimore, New York City, Philadelphia, Camden, Chicago,...or just about any major population center in the Northeast and tell me what the South "lost".

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by earlybrd
We need to get AWAY from a strong, centralized federal government and back to the Union of United States. We have somehow gotten to the point where people think it has to “be the same way everywhere” or else it isn’t fair..boohoo. If a state wants to make abortion illegal then you should not live there if you’re looking forward to having one. Each state should be free from the tit of the BLOATED federal government.

Yep. The states should take back their sovereignty. States rights would solve a lot of our issues.
The issue of states rights was settled in 1865. Lincoln was a hero. Let's not try to fight that war again. The South lost. Get over it.
LOL lincum ain’t a hero
The he'll he aint! Go back and look at the pic in the op.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There's more dissension and hard feelings in America today among all factions as there was in 1860!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RiverRider

So you would support the notion that what the Constitution says about the function of the central government changed because of the War of Northern Aggression? Please show me the text that was crossed out and replaced.

Never mind that dropped gauntlet. I see now that you were using sarcasm. I should have known that based on having read your comments for so long and I have to admit I was taken aback.

We really COULD use a sarcasm font.
Definitely sarcasm. But in practical terms, yes the constitution was changed by the war. Where once the federal govt was a creation of, and therefore subservient to the states, it became an oppressive master. The political class was now free to use the military might paid for by the citizens against the citizens. They no longer needed to worry about the consent of the governed, only the obedience.

Of course, the inertia of society prevented an immediate shift to wholesale oppression. There were too many people who still believed in the principles laid out in the constitution. That slowly went away. Now, try to find a politician who feels hampered by the restrictions in the constitution. Try to find a judge who bases his decisions solely on the text of the constitution and not on stare decisis. Even the states' governments are loathe to resist the feds, because they don't dare lose the money.

But by all means, continue to believe that voting will fix it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you would support the notion that what the Constitution says about the function of the central government changed because of the War of Northern Aggression? Please show me the text that was crossed out and replaced.

Never mind that dropped gauntlet. I see now that you were using sarcasm. I should have known that based on having read your comments for so long and I have to admit I was taken aback.

We really COULD use a sarcasm font.
Definitely sarcasm. But in practical terms, yes the constitution was changed by the war. Where once the federal govt was a creation of, and therefore subservient to the states, it became an oppressive master. The political class was now free to use the military might paid for by the citizens against the citizens. They no longer needed to worry about the consent of the governed, only the obedience.

Of course, the inertia of society prevented an immediate shift to wholesale oppression. There were too many people who still believed in the principles laid out in the constitution. That slowly went away. Now, try to find a politician who feels hampered by the restrictions in the constitution. Try to find a judge who bases his decisions solely on the text of the constitution and not on stare decisis. Even the states' governments are loathe to resist the feds, because they don't dare lose the money.

But by all means, continue to believe that voting will fix it.

That last derisive comment was unnecessary.

The rest of your post is good food for thought and pretty spot on. Maybe we should promote the fat that reconstruction is over. So far, what Abbott is doing looks about as right as it can get.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The only history I care about in this election is the Trump Presidency vs the current disaster.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm gonna write in Charlie Daniels.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gunchamp
We vote republican or not at all
Not at all is the same as D.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by gunchamp
We vote republican or not at all
Not at all is the same as D.....

it would be nice to take the high road......but then there is reality......gunchamp what is the difference between you and tarquin?

nothing at all....I am sure you can justify it in your mind ....bob

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Holee $hit, if isn’t the NRA, or Leupold, it’s Abe Lincoln.

What a denizen of malcontents. I’m surprised there isn’t some contingency to burn America due to the poor leadership in Washington…

you're surprised by rightful hatred of one of the biggest scumbags to ever bear the title of US president?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is this really a question?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Is there an election coming up????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

350 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,419
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.