Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
One of the boys is relocating there with his wife & a 5 month old. Will be working on the campus.

Any good areas within a 30 min drive?

In a perfect world, he could be on 5 acres or so.

Ideas?

Thanks,

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 01/29/24.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might one specify the state? There are a few around.

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Connecticut
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kentucky
Kentucky
Minnesota
Mississippi
South Carolina
Virginia

1Minute
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
The biggest li’l rock. 😉

- Mrs. FC
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I assume Little Rock, Arkansas. Which campus?
If, they stay away from Little Rock, especially North Little Rock, almost any of the towns north, west and south of the metro are ok.

Some of the shiet has started to spill over into the Benton and Bryant area the last few years.

Little Rock, North Little Rock, is the murder capital of the state. Shooting every day in the metro.

If it were me, I would not even work in the metro.

jme/jmo

There is a war on America and America is losing
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
UALR campus. That’s where the job is, though he’ll have statewide travel.

Would Conway, Cabot, Ward be decent options?

FC

- Mrs. FC
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Conway is not too bad, dead down 40 West out of LR, they have decent facilities. I would check the school ratings if I had a youngster

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Demographic studies of a 40 mile radius around LR & percentages of population in a particular area will likely tell a lot.

Sounds harsh if reading between the lines, but that's simply the way things are. LR, like a lot of cities, not a place to be.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gunzo
Demographic studies of a 40 mile radius around LR & percentages of population in a particular area will likely tell a lot.

Sounds harsh if reading between the lines, but that's simply the way things are. LR, like a lot of cities, not a place to be.
Right-on ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
UALR campus. That’s where the job is, though he’ll have statewide travel.

Would Conway, Cabot, Ward be decent options?

FC

Check the school ratings. I grew up in Cabot and Austin, Ward, and Cabot are all the same school district. Conway is not bad and more shopping areas for the family. I would also add Vilonia, and Beebe to the list. You can PM me for more information. I have a large part of my family still in C. Arkansas, and can help get you some answers for questions you may have.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have a buddy that moved to Star City, AR 25 years ago from NE TX and I have been up there a few times in recent years. Seems to be a nice area. Little Rock and Pine Bluff, no so much as indicated above.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How can you not settle in a place called Toad Suck? LINK

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Rose city. You can pack heat and police never show up

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In addition to the ones stated, Greenbrier is about 10 minutes past Conway and more small town (less crime, less drama, etc). Went to college in Conway. They did not prepare their streets for the rapid growth and now their traffic is horrible. When I began college in 2000 the pop was a little under 40,000. When I moved away in 2005 after graduating it was over 50k and now is pushing 70k. Oh, and lots of roundabouts in Conway. Having coached for 20 years before putting away my whistle I’ve traveled CArk a lot. If you choose to go southwest of LR and don’t mind a few extra minutes past Benton and Bryant, Bauxite and Harmony Grove are much smaller and less of the urban sprawl and feel. My wife taught in Mayflower (between Conway and LR). Small. Not a bad place either.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

I would have preferred Pickles Gap on the other end of town away from the river.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by philgood80

I would have preferred Pickles Gap on the other end of town away from the river.

I’ve been to Booger Hallor . Population 7 , countin 1 coon dog ! Of course that was years ago. They may have 2 coon dogs now !

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Most of Arkansas looks like a Native Village where they stand around looking at all the Dilapidated Buildings on their property and wonder in what generation of their family History are those Buildings going to Actually Fall Down..

Hope You have the Mindset..

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I live in Arkansas. Don't like the Little Rock area at all. Dangerous and liberal. Within a 30 minute drive are some decent places.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Conway might not be too far of a commute

decent shopping and is a college town , demographics are pretty decent for Arkansas

Last edited by KFWA; 01/29/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Don't overlook the Delta! England, Stuttgart, Carlisle, Hazen are not bad places to live. Lived and Worked in England for 30+ years and would still be there if not for the Wife wanting to move. I live in Sherwood now and its not bad. Anything in Little Rock or North Little Rock is "Hood" like until you get out of town. Jacksonville sucks, Cabot is pretty snooty, the Conway area is pretty nice.

lightman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.