Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a good buddy that is a real estate agent in LR. He lives out in Roland, about 20mi from LR I think. It is out in the mountains, real pretty views and lots of deer. The further you get out Highway 10 towards lake Maumelle, the better.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have cousins that live in Conway and Maumelle and they seem to like it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You never want to live to the west of your work place because you'll always be driving with the sun in your eyes.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by arky65
I assume Little Rock, Arkansas. Which campus?
If, they stay away from Little Rock, especially North Little Rock, almost any of the towns north, west and south of the metro are ok.

Some of the shiet has started to spill over into the Benton and Bryant area the last few years.

Little Rock, North Little Rock, is the murder capital of the state. Shooting every day in the metro.

If it were me, I would not even work in the metro.

jme/jmo
Damned Norwegians ruining things for everyone. Went to hell after the Clintons moved out.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Stay away from living in LIttle Rock/North Little Rock/Rose City/Anything close to Baseline Road, Asher, or University Ave. Look for a place in Maumelle maybe, Cabot, or Avilla. 10 years ago, I would have told you Benton/Bryant. Now, as usual, the urbanites ran from the mess they created in unsucessful Little Rock and brought their mess to make Benton/Bryant unsuccessful.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Torque
. . . Now, as usual, the urbanites ran from the mess they created in unsucessful Little Rock and brought their mess to make Benton/Bryant unsuccessful.

You can take out the town name and region and replace
it with most any other and it would be just as true and
factual. Happens all across the nation.
The funny/sad part is that after the former paradise is
ruined, they can't understand why.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A nice area around Little Rock?

How about San Antonio TX, or is that too far of a commute?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have relatives in Vilonia.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Fishing is pretty good at Lake Conway. I left Little Rock AFB in 1969, headed for Okinawa with the Air Force. I spent quite a bit of time in Little Rock in the past 10 years doing auto insurance claim investigations. Had to hit the floor of a motel room at 2:00 AM a few blocks from the VA hospital in Little Rock during a gunfight in the parking lot, if that tells you about the behavior of the porch apes in the metro area.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
West of Little Rock is better than North. Ferndale, Paron, Maumelle, Avilla. etc. Still close to the city for shopping medical etc. Retired and bought 30 acres near Paron. Taxes are cheaper in Saline county than Pulaski county (Little Rock)

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
As someone who has lived in Little Rock for 33 years, this thread has been an interesting read...

I lived downtown in the Quapaw Quarter in a big rambling Victorian house for 17 years. Raised my kids there and would put them in a baby jogger and run them in a big loop in all four directions from the house. Zero problems. Lived in Argenta north of the river for several years within the shadow of the downtown office buildings. I could walk across the Arkansas River bridges to the office from there. Zero problems. Moved west of I-430 for 14 years. From there I've cycled the Arkansas River Trail 25 miles round trip to work in the downtown area going from the west side of the city to the east side on both sides of the river & back hundreds of times. Again, zero problems. The lovely & charming ex moved into Cammack Village in the Heights after we split. She's had zero problems. My brother has lived in West Little Rock for almost 36 years. Wanna guess how much crime he's experienced? I walk a 6-mile round trip to my local library multiple times a week. I have yet to step over a dead body. I have bought lemonade from unsupervised children selling it from a stand in their front yard however so that was pretty scary. I just moved my 87-year-old mother up here to live near me so I can take care of her. I'm sitting in her living room typing this...with her front door unlocked. I guess it's all about perspective, personal experience and your level of anxiety. All I know is that I'm currently surrounded by way more churches than gangs right now.

Having said that, one place that hasn't been mentioned yet is Maumelle. It's on the north side of the river and is a bedroom community that a lot of people commute into LR to work from. I have a good friend who lives in the Roland area on 20 acres of land that's really nice. They're adjacent to a couple of nature reserves with hiking trails and it's a short drive into town. Generally speaking the nicest parts of the city to live in are north of I-630 (closer to the river) and west of I-430 which is the direction the city is expanding. So that's where a lot of the newer construction is (i.e. the "Hoods" with the manicured golf courses & club houses). If the goal is to get 5 acres then I would suggest trying to find something temporary to live in while they scout the surrounding area for a place they really like. But that would be my advice for buying land just about anywhere if you're unfamiliar with the area.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,874 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,970
Posts18,499,310
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.