Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
On topic. I didn’t write this, endorse this or deny this. I only saw how easy it was for people to deny any good the NRA had accomplished and made empty promises of support when WLP was no longer EVP…

https://home.nra.org/statements/nra-evp-wayne-lapierre-announces-resignation-from-nra/

The attorney general who has filed against the NRA is the SAME attorney general who has filed against Donald Trump for fraud when there was no victims. How can she be fair to the NRA if she is NOT fair to Donald Trump and vice versa ?
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/01/donald-trump-legal-cases-charges/675531/

Yes, Wayne $hit in his own nest (and the NRA members nest) but we the members could of and probably should of fixed it ourselves without the attorney generals input. But, this woman is on a mission. She has put the NRA in the same class as Donald Trump. The bottom line is, she hates those of us who are NRA members and she is using the court system to punish us just like she is using the court system to punish anyone who is in Donald Trump's empire. (the process is the punishment)

The bottom line is Wayne IS NOT THE BAD GUY in all of this. Wayne is and was our problem to fix. But, leticia james has decided to punish us just like she is punishing the entire Donald Trump family simply because we are associated with the NRA. Leftist politicians like leticia are simply using the criminal justice system and the civil court justice system to destroy anyone who shows conservative political traits and does not kowtow to the left's social/political demands.

With everything that has happened in the last 3 years of leftist persecution of everything and everyone that leans right, I find it hard to believe you all cannot see this.

How many times has Donald Trump said this:
They are not after me
They are after you
I just happen to be in their way.

The same applies to the NRA
They are not after the NRA because it's just a club (with political clout) It's an inanimate object.
They are after the right leaning supporters of the NRA
It's that Wayne is in the way and he has to be eliminated before they can go after us. And, you can bet they are going after us at every opportunity.
The results of the January 6th trials should tell you volumes about their plans for us.

You can bet once Wayne is out of the way, leticia is not going to stop. She will be appealing the decision that she cannot go after the body (the club) of the NRA and will be on our case next. She is one decision away from attacking us next. We are still the target of this evil woman.

It's a big picture. Open your eyes and look passed the obvious to the not so hidden agenda. For those who choose to see.

You only have one question to decide. Just who IS the bad guy, Wayne or Leticia. You have a 50/50 chance of getting this right. It appears some of us have made Wayne the bad guy. I contend it's always been leticia james.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Doesn't matter who the "bad guy" is, every penny sent to the NRA is a penny wasted IMO. If the finite amount of money available is better sent elsewhere, it should be.

LOL
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wayne IS the bad guy. There are other board members who are bad also.

And.... Ackerman / McQueen hasn't come up yet.

The bill for defending WLP for the last 5 years was $ 100 Mil.

++++ his Golden Parachute...........

WLP is just the tip of the iceberg.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Doesn't matter who the "bad guy" is, every penny sent to the NRA is a penny wasted IMO. If the finite amount of money available is better sent elsewhere, it should be.

Forget the pennies. Go ahead and send them to whoever you want to.

I'll bet you leticia is smiling ear to leftist fat ear watching everyone bail on the NRA. When she gets done with Wayne guess who is next. (that's not a question) This is the question:

You didn't answer the biggest question of all. Who is the real bad guy ?? Wayne or leticia ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1
Wayne IS the bad guy. There are other board members who are bad also.

And.... Ackerman / McQueen hasn't come up yet.

The bill for defending WLP for the last 5 years was $ 100 Mil.

++++ his Golden Parachute...........

WLP is just the tip of the iceberg.
Wayne can't jail me or sue me in New York court. Leticia can. She can financially destroy me and if she can go far enough, she can jail me. So, who is the biggest risk to us/me personally ??

Wayne will be gone soon enough. But leftist politicians can come back and come back and come back ad nauseum. The process is the punishment. And if she is successful, she might actually be able to put me in prison. Just ask the J6 protestors. So, who is more dangerous ??

kwg

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I answered the question !

The big reason he is so bad ....is because WLP has given Leticia all the ammo she needs .

Wake up .... spend your money with legitimate organizations that protect the 2nd.

The NRA wants everyone to think they are involved with lawsuits fighting for the 2nd .
The horrible truth is IF the NRA is involved it is peripherally only. They have NOT done anything worthwhile
for years. The NRA jumps on the band wagon. The NRA does not have the finances .

$ 100 Mil. ++++ to defend WLP.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I suppose in the end it all boils down to the question of what do YOU want and expect from the an organization that you donate to. For now, forget the WLP and board malfeasance scandals.
Focus on what you expect to be done with your donation. History shows us that the NRA not only backed down but actually colluded to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment...1934 NFA (silencers, full auto, barrel lengths on and on, to fight the Mafia by Gawd)...1968 GCA (can't have law abiding people buying guns, gotta have dealers and 4473's, filling out the stupid questions on 4473, and prohibiting firearms that didn't have a 'sporting purpose', sure took a bite out of crime didn't it).
The upshot is the NRA has been active in taking big bites out of the 2A for almost a hundred years.
If you don't care about the 2A, and want your money to go to programs...they will gladly take it...Eddie Eagle, LE training (?), women in firearms, endless fundraising blitz campaigns. When I was active in operating competition events, we tried to cap entry fees at 14 dollars so families could afford to participate, if we wanted to call it a sanctioned match, 9 dollars went to the NRA, leaving us 5 dollars for range maintenance, targets, insurance, awards, and admin costs.
I've gone strictly local, donating time and money to 4H shooting and the local HS trap teams.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You have never experienced a single original thought on you own in your life…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You have never experienced a single original thought on you own in your life…

It appears most disagree with you about the NRA. So, congratulations on having yourself an original thought.

Albeit wrong, but original.

LOL
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
I think the NRA members that have kept up with all the controversy and the outright stealing not to mention the make-up of the by-laws and board that prevent reform are not going to put any more money or support on an obviously sinking ship. Most of them have pulled out already and aren't coming back. They have either joined GOA, SAF, or some other organization or done as I have and decided to just keep my money in my pocket.

But there are plenty of goobers out there that are completely unaware that anything is amiss at all in the NRA. The get the magazine and read the Armed Citizen column and maybe pleasure themselves over the pictures. They will continue to renew and maybe give a credit card number to whoever calls but the big donors that pay attention to the real world are gone.

So about all the NRA can hope for is members that come home and turn the TV on to Gunsmoke reruns.

There are also a lot of members that actually support the various anti 2A crap NRA has done through the years.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We will all be better off if the NRA is forced into bankruptcy and liquidation . It reminds me of a downer cow that you can spend days on watering and doctoring when you would have been better off to have shot her and dragged her off. If it survives it won’t be worth anything.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I suppose in the end it all boils down to the question of what do YOU want and expect from the an organization that you donate to. For now, forget the WLP and board malfeasance scandals.
Focus on what you expect to be done with your donation. History shows us that the NRA not only backed down but actually colluded to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment...1934 NFA (silencers, full auto, barrel lengths on and on, to fight the Mafia by Gawd)...1968 GCA (can't have law abiding people buying guns, gotta have dealers and 4473's, filling out the stupid questions on 4473, and prohibiting firearms that didn't have a 'sporting purpose', sure took a bite out of crime didn't it).
The upshot is the NRA has been active in taking big bites out of the 2A for almost a hundred years.
If you don't care about the 2A, and want your money to go to programs...they will gladly take it...Eddie Eagle, LE training (?), women in firearms, endless fundraising blitz campaigns. When I was active in operating competition events, we tried to cap entry fees at 14 dollars so families could afford to participate, if we wanted to call it a sanctioned match, 9 dollars went to the NRA, leaving us 5 dollars for range maintenance, targets, insurance, awards, and admin costs.
I've gone strictly local, donating time and money to ⚃ shooting and the local HS trap teams.

Don't forget Project Exile(increase in federal power), background checks and more background checks to shut down gun shows, and supporting the bumpstock ban

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Disclaimer - I supported the NRA for decades.

Today's NRA is about like the GOP. They tell us the old bad officials are gone and the newly elected ones are much better.

Same culture. Same board.

Change my mind. And until I am proved otherwise my money goes else where.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Who is the bad guy?
Had WLP (and the board) been honest and appropriately used the membership money, that question would not exist, and that NY attorney would have no basis for her actions.
So, who is the bad guy.
It’s not complicated at all.
I’ve been a lifer for 30+ years and an NRA patron for 20 or so years, and I contributed beyond my membership.
In the last week, I received a call offering me to buy up to the next level, for the discounted rate of only $300.
I’d call myself a complete [bleep] idiot for giving them a dime in this current situation.
If WLP received $17 million or any significant parachute, the membership should sue him for all of it.

Last edited by dale06; 01/29/24.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
On topic. I didn’t write this, endorse this or deny this. I only saw how easy it was for people to deny any good the NRA had accomplished and made empty promises of support when WLP was no longer EVP…

https://home.nra.org/statements/nra-evp-wayne-lapierre-announces-resignation-from-nra/

The attorney general who has filed against the NRA is the SAME attorney general who has filed against Donald Trump for fraud when there was no victims. How can she be fair to the NRA if she is NOT fair to Donald Trump and vice versa ?
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/01/donald-trump-legal-cases-charges/675531/

Yes, Wayne $hit in his own nest (and the NRA members nest) but we the members could of and probably should of fixed it ourselves without the attorney generals input. But, this woman is on a mission. She has put the NRA in the same class as Donald Trump. The bottom line is, she hates those of us who are NRA members and she is using the court system to punish us just like she is using the court system to punish anyone who is in Donald Trump's empire. (the process is the punishment)

The bottom line is Wayne IS NOT THE BAD GUY in all of this. Wayne is and was our problem to fix. But, leticia james has decided to punish us just like she is punishing the entire Donald Trump family simply because we are associated with the NRA. Leftist politicians like leticia are simply using the criminal justice system and the civil court justice system to destroy anyone who shows conservative political traits and does not kowtow to the left's social/political demands.

With everything that has happened in the last 3 years of leftist persecution of everything and everyone that leans right, I find it hard to believe you all cannot see this.

How many times has Donald Trump said this:
They are not after me
They are after you
I just happen to be in their way.

The same applies to the NRA
They are not after the NRA because it's just a club (with political clout) It's an inanimate object.
They are after the right leaning supporters of the NRA
It's that Wayne is in the way and he has to be eliminated before they can go after us. And, you can bet they are going after us at every opportunity.
The results of the January 6th trials should tell you volumes about their plans for us.

You can bet once Wayne is out of the way, leticia is not going to stop. She will be appealing the decision that she cannot go after the body (the club) of the NRA and will be on our case next. She is one decision away from attacking us next. We are still the target of this evil woman.

It's a big picture. Open your eyes and look passed the obvious to the not so hidden agenda. For those who choose to see.

You only have one question to decide. Just who IS the bad guy, Wayne or Leticia. You have a 50/50 chance of getting this right. It appears some of us have made Wayne the bad guy. I contend it's always been leticia james.

kwg

OK, sure, the bitch is bad.

So why did the NRA not just up and shut down the corporation in New York and re-incorporate in, oh, I don't know, Wyoming? Let the bitch try to prosecute that.

Oh, right. That bad governance thing again.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We will all be better off if the NRA is forced into bankruptcy and liquidation . It reminds me of a downer cow that you can spend days on watering and doctoring when you would have been better off to have shot her and dragged her off. If it survives it won’t be worth anything.

You are one of the most Anti American posters on the Campfire.

The NRA-ILA is deeply involved in the most important 2nd Amendment cases in the court system.

Anyone who wants to force the NRA into bankruptcy is colluding with the commie leftists who want to disarm Americans.

If a guy simply does not wish to give money to the NRA and chooses to support other pro 2A organizations I can see why. But to hope the NRA is "forced into bankruptcy and liquidation" is simply siding with the ENEMY.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
For all the NRA haters that claimed they wouldn’t support the NRA until LaPierre was gone

He wasn’t in charge when they quit getting funding from me…
I forget the exact issue, but I called them back in the early 80s about some proposed legislation CALIFORNIA was contemplating and was told point blank that they weren’t concerned about STATE legislation… fugg em…

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

You are one of the most Anti American posters on the Campfire.

The NRA-ILA is deeply involved in the most important 2nd Amendment cases in the court system.

Anyone who wants to force the NRA into bankruptcy is colluding with the commie leftists who want to disarm Americans.

If a guy simply does not wish to give money to the NRA and chooses to support other pro 2A organizations I can see why. But to hope the NRA is "forced into bankruptcy and liquidation" is simply siding with the ENEMY.
wrong

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kwg020

Forget the pennies. Go ahead and send them to whoever you want to.

I'll bet you leticia is smiling ear to leftist fat ear watching everyone bail on the NRA. When she gets done with Wayne guess who is next. (that's not a question) This is the question:

You didn't answer the biggest question of all. Who is the real bad guy ?? Wayne or leticia ??

kwg

Can any of the open anti 2A groups send you to jail? Nope.

Per that standard, any openly anti 2A group is not as bad as Letitia James.

Would it make sense to send money to them under the claim of maybe getting them to change their ways?

I say no, but apparently many fantasize with a similar delusion.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Until the NRA gets their house in order, I will not contribute to them. Fourteen million dollar exit fee for Wayne, what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I contribute to OFF and GOA.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,580
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.