Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s a brave new world.
No good can come from the technological advances we’re witnessing in real time. Scary scheit
https://www.zerohedge.com/political...rst-neuralink-brain-chip-installed-human

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first persons to use the new technology are people who have lost the use of their limbs. I see that as a positive.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
There may be a minute amount of good at the genesis but it will quickly turn into something evil.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kwg020
The first persons to use the new technology are people who have lost the use of their limbs. I see that as a positive.

kwg
That’s how it always starts

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

…and the last ones will strapped to a gurney having it implanted against their will.

You need to look a few steps into the future on these things.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pz'on elon musk

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Makes me think of the Clint Eastwood movie, "Firefox." He is an American who steals the world's most advanced aircraft from the USSR, and it has features such as the weapons systems that are controlled by thought---the catch being that the pilot had to think in Russian.

"Firefox" was definitely not one of the Eastwood movies that gets a lot of attention to this day, but one worth seeing. I would guess a lot of guys here never even heard of it.

We had a lot of misconceptions about the Soviets in those days. We were led to believe they had extremely sophisticated weapons. When a MIG-25 pilot defected and flew his fighter to Japan and it was given to the US, we found out that the Soviets were nowhere near as advanced technologically as we were led to believe.

That's how it was, back in the 80s.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever else it does, someone will find a way to use it for sex.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You say that like it's a bad thong.....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
You say that like it's a bad thong.....
+ a freaking heap!
Well and truly played!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A chip,
controlling a brain,
that controls a penis?

Sci-fi.

Never happen.

The little head is the natural born leader.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's for the children.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
It's for the children.
We should be ashamed of the world we’re leaving for our kids, grandkids etc…

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Good to see you back Cash.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yeah this [bleep] is getting out of control.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Wait till they can wire it directly to the visual cortex. You can download and watch a movie right inside your own brain. Blue Tooth the little house hold robot to bring you a cold beer. Never get out of bed. No phone needed, it's already inside your brain. Put there at birth.

Welcome to the MATRIX.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Blue Tooth the little house hold robot to bring you a cold beer.

This is a downgrade.

Bluetooth connections go wonky a lot, but my wife's ears always work.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haha bunch of scared ladies.

Musk's point is the interface between computers and humans is thumbs or fingers. This will make it more streamlined, minimizing that physical interaction, but the computer is still the computer.

Y'all typing on a computer currently. Lord save us!!

This crew would have been scared of the invention of the air conditioner with many of the same comments, I am sure...

I personally would rather have Musk looking at this stuff than, say, the .gov.

It is coming whether you like it or not. Keep up and current and effect change for the good. Or don't...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I would bet that folks w/ MS, Parkinsons etc. would find this encouraging. Others thrive on fear. Elon may be the most productive human we will see in our lifetimes and he scares the schidt out of the weak and the dumb.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
There may be a minute amount of good at the genesis but it will quickly turn into something evil.

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wonder if you can think off with it?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Musk's point is the interface between computers and humans is thumbs or fingers. This will make it more streamlined, minimizing that physical interaction, but the computer is still the computer.

This crew would have been scared of the invention of the air conditioner with many of the same comments, I am sure...

It is coming whether you like it or not. Keep up and current and effect change for the good. Or don't...

The computer is still the computer until it is used to directly stimulate discrete areas of the brain. Correct behavior yields a shot of endorphins to match the most powerful orgasm you ever experienced. Incorrect behavior yields excruciating pain to leave you crumpled and crying on the floor.

They have been doing it to mice for over fifty years.

What you apparently fail to understand is that whatever Musk invents, is the same as if it came from a .gov research facility. The feds will own it soon enough by what ever means are necessary. As will the agencies of most other nations.

Governments solely exist to exert increasing control over their populations. Any tools available to exert that control will be put to use in the least benign manner possible.

Trying to slow or stop such advancements does about as much good as complaining about $billions flushed down the Ukraine toilet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

The computer is still the computer until it is used to directly stimulate discrete areas of the brain. Correct behavior yields a shot of endorphins to match the most powerful orgasm you ever experienced. Incorrect behavior yields excruciating pain to leave you crumpled and crying on the floor.

They have been doing it to mice for over fifty years.

What you apparently fail to understand is that whatever Musk invents, is the same as if it came from a .gov research facility. The feds will own it soon enough by what ever means are necessary. As will the agencies of most other nations.

Governments solely exist to exert increasing control over their populations. Any tools available to exert that control will be put to use in the least benign manner possible.

Trying to slow or stop such advancements does about as much good as complaining about $billions flushed down the Ukraine toilet.

I don't disagree completely on the .gov piece but there is some transparency in it's development currently which I consider a plus.

As far as your assertation on the stimulation of the brain, from how I understand it, Neuralink is used to pick up outputs from the brain, not create inputs to. Big difference.

Writing scared posts on the evil of tech advancement on the internet does less good. We need to understand and keep up, not decry it as black magic and run away.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
As far as your assertation on the stimulation of the brain, from how I understand it, Neuralink is used to pick up outputs from the brain, not create inputs to. Big difference.

Writing scared posts on the evil of tech advancement on the internet does less good. We need to understand and keep up, not decry it as black magic and run away.

In far less than fifty years it will be doing both. Barring a total collapse of society and a return to the stone age.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In the near term the talk will be about helping people with disabilities, but in the longer run it's about getting a chip in ordinary peoples brains.

Elon's vision is to create an Artificial General Intelligence "digital "god", as he puts it, and eventually lots of cyborgs.

I just finished Joe Allen's "Dark Aeon" which goes into all this in great detail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (204guy, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 222ND, 160user, 47 invisible), 13,209 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,128
Posts18,542,363
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.