Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
There may be a minute amount of good at the genesis but it will quickly turn into something evil.

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wonder if you can think off with it?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Haha bunch of scared ladies.

Musk's point is the interface between computers and humans is thumbs or fingers. This will make it more streamlined, minimizing that physical interaction, but the computer is still the computer.

Y'all typing on a computer currently. Lord save us!!

This crew would have been scared of the invention of the air conditioner with many of the same comments, I am sure...

I personally would rather have Musk looking at this stuff than, say, the .gov.

It is coming whether you like it or not. Keep up and current and effect change for the good. Or don't...

The computer is still the computer until it is used to directly stimulate discrete areas of the brain. Correct behavior yields a shot of endorphins to match the most powerful orgasm you ever experienced. Incorrect behavior yields excruciating pain to leave you crumpled and crying on the floor.

They have been doing it to mice for over fifty years.

What you apparently fail to understand is that whatever Musk invents, is the same as if it came from a .gov research facility. The feds will own it soon enough by what ever means are necessary. As will the agencies of most other nations.

Governments solely exist to exert increasing control over their populations. Any tools available to exert that control will be put to use in the least benign manner possible.

Trying to slow or stop such advancements does about as much good as complaining about $billions flushed down the Ukraine toilet.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Haha bunch of scared ladies.

Musk's point is the interface between computers and humans is thumbs or fingers. This will make it more streamlined, minimizing that physical interaction, but the computer is still the computer.

Y'all typing on a computer currently. Lord save us!!

This crew would have been scared of the invention of the air conditioner with many of the same comments, I am sure...

I personally would rather have Musk looking at this stuff than, say, the .gov.

It is coming whether you like it or not. Keep up and current and effect change for the good. Or don't...

The computer is still the computer until it is used to directly stimulate discrete areas of the brain. Correct behavior yields a shot of endorphins to match the most powerful orgasm you ever experienced. Incorrect behavior yields excruciating pain to leave you crumpled and crying on the floor.

They have been doing it to mice for over fifty years.

What you apparently fail to understand is that whatever Musk invents, is the same as if it came from a .gov research facility. The feds will own it soon enough by what ever means are necessary. As will the agencies of most other nations.

Governments solely exist to exert increasing control over their populations. Any tools available to exert that control will be put to use in the least benign manner possible.

Trying to slow or stop such advancements does about as much good as complaining about $billions flushed down the Ukraine toilet.

I don't disagree completely on the .gov piece but there is some transparency in it's development currently which I consider a plus.

As far as your assertation on the stimulation of the brain, from how I understand it, Neuralink is used to pick up outputs from the brain, not create inputs to. Big difference.

Writing scared posts on the evil of tech advancement on the internet does less good. We need to understand and keep up, not decry it as black magic and run away.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
As far as your assertation on the stimulation of the brain, from how I understand it, Neuralink is used to pick up outputs from the brain, not create inputs to. Big difference.

Writing scared posts on the evil of tech advancement on the internet does less good. We need to understand and keep up, not decry it as black magic and run away.

In far less than fifty years it will be doing both. Barring a total collapse of society and a return to the stone age.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In the near term the talk will be about helping people with disabilities, but in the longer run it's about getting a chip in ordinary peoples brains.

Elon's vision is to create an Artificial General Intelligence "digital "god", as he puts it, and eventually lots of cyborgs.

I just finished Joe Allen's "Dark Aeon" which goes into all this in great detail.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.