Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Bought a new Ruger SFAR. Had to send it back because it gouged the base of the brass and was all over the target. They replaced the barrel assembly and sent it back to me. When I opened the box the charging handle looked like it road across country in the back of a pickup. The box was not damaged. I complained and they sent another charging handle. WTH!

Bought a new Remington 700 Long range. The Timney trigger safety worked sloppy like a toy gun and the bolt release wouldn't release the bolt. It was shipped this way from the factory. WTH!

Bought a new 1911 Kimber Long Slide Target 10mm. Had 4 rounds fail to feed in the first 50 rounds so far. WTH!

Received a new Springfield M1A1 at the gun counter. Opened the box and noticed a big chunk of the stock was chipped out at the charging handle. The shipping box was not damaged. It was sent like this from the factory. We sent it back, received a replacement and it also had a big chunk of stock chipped off right at the butt plate. The shipping box was undamaged. It was sent from the factory like this. WTH!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have better luck with 100 year old Mausers.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
I wish I could be surprised at hearing this but I am not. And it’s not just guns that are seeing these obvious quality check blunders. Its everything produced in mass at this point.

Something to do with a limited labor force pool to dip from, a certain age group plagued with general laziness/the Great Resignation, hoarding/shortages, ever increasing product lines, ever increasing cost of production and government regulation, I could go on and on but you all get the idea.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Everything is fuucking junk nowdays. I'm plum fuucking amazed when I get something that actually works as it should.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I buy used now.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Everything is fuucking junk nowdays. I'm plum fuucking amazed when I get something that actually works as it should.

i would say Blackheart is very right , i used to enjoy looking at the new rifles that the gun manufactures produced every year ,not anymore its all about plastic ,cheap actions , guns that don`t function well . so now if i can find a good used rifle with a nice wood stock i may or do buy the rifle. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I`m old enough to have enough of what I need. I also do not buy "New" rifles, nothing there I need either. Should I "Want" something, we have the ability to build it. Doing a 7-08 on a SA 700 now. PAC-NOR barrel. I don`t need it as I have a 7-57, but putting one of my comp. rifles to better use.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
I`m old enough to have enough of what I need. I also do not buy "New" rifles, nothing there I need either. Should I "Want" something, we have the ability to build it. Doing a 7-08 on a SA 700 now. PAC-NOR barrel. I don`t need it as I have a 7-57, but putting one of my comp. rifles to better use.

That’s my thoughts too. For not an incredible more amount of money I can build a better rifle than I can buy.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by ArcherBunker
Bought a new Ruger SFAR. Had to send it back because it gouged the base of the brass and was all over the target. They replaced the barrel assembly and sent it back to me. When I opened the box the charging handle looked like it road across country in the back of a pickup. The box was not damaged. I complained and they sent another charging handle. WTH!

Bought a new Remington 700 Long range. The Timney trigger safety worked sloppy like a toy gun and the bolt release wouldn't release the bolt. It was shipped this way from the factory. WTH!

Bought a new 1911 Kimber Long Slide Target 10mm. Had 4 rounds fail to feed in the first 50 rounds so far. WTH!

Received a new Springfield M1A1 at the gun counter. Opened the box and noticed a big chunk of the stock was chipped out at the charging handle. The shipping box was not damaged. It was sent like this from the factory. We sent it back, received a replacement and it also had a big chunk of stock chipped off right at the butt plate. The shipping box was undamaged. It was sent from the factory like this. WTH!

I have written and implemented 10 Quality Management Systems over 30 years plus several corporate required QMS systems and variants required by some global customers including 3rd party audit and qualification for the military using DCMA oversight.

The number 1 non conformance is management. They are the root cause in most companies proven by their hatred of scrutiny and those who report legitimate findings.

If cost of quality is done correcly, it will include the costs for product return and replacement as well as losses associated in people and time to manage that over sight.

Any recurrence of a previous issue is further proof of inept management. No issue should ever recurr.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 29 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,270
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.