Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This might not wipe them totally out, but it has to be a step in the right direction!

Texas A&M has developed an effective and safe toxin to kill feral swine!
Texas farmers will rejoice!

https://texasfarmbureau.org/toxicant-available-to-help-farmers-ranchers-control-feral-hogs/

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess they finally found a good use for all those covid vax that are left over. Inject them into pigs with a capture gun from a helicopter.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 348winchester
I guess they finally found a good use for all those covid vax that are left over. Inject them into pigs with a capture gun from a helicopter.

Lol. And no more $3k "trophy" hogs on farms selling hunts?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, those “poor” farmers are being eaten out of house and home from feral pigs. Funny as a kid I needed mice to feed my pet king snake. I asked the farmer if there were any mice in his barn. He helped me catch live mice that were raiding the cattle feed. Told me anytime I needed mice, help myself. I guess I should have been paying him to hunt trophy mice.

Last edited by 348winchester; 02/01/24.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt

That's a whole 'nuther thread about all the schittheads involved in that racket. That, and the morons who deliberately moved hogs all over the state.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have dug holes with post hole digger about 28” deep, fill up with corn, and pour Hog Wild on top, don’t take a couple days and hogs will dig it out two foot wide, this may work, can’t wait, they have torn my Bermuda meadows up this winter, you can’t shoot them out, got to trap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yup.... ridiculous here too. When I was a kid we had probably 10 ranches we could shoot hogs and they were happy to have us.... now all but one of them have leased their hunting rights to outfitters.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hardway

Yup.... ridiculous here too. When I was a kid we had probably 10 ranches we could shoot hogs and they were happy to have us.... now all but one of them have leased their hunting rights to outfitters.
Entrepreneurs abound as do hunters who like easy hunts. Hunts where they'll not only get their trophy plus it will be gutted/skinned/butchered/wrapped.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Wonder what other critters it will kill in the process??

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
This might not wipe them totally out, but it has to be a step in the right direction!

https://texasfarmbureau.org/toxicant-available-to-help-farmers-ranchers-control-feral-hogs/

Are you talking about DemocRAT style feral Swines? Or JUST PIGS?

The first example motivates me, the second one, not so much.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by pyscodog

Good question.

If they got it narrowed down to feral pigs, just think what 23 and Me or some other DNA testing company could do with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Death by Warfarin.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pyscodog

Uh, people?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by hardway

Entrepreneurs abound as do hunters who like easy hunts. Hunts where they'll not only get their trophy plus it will be gutted/skinned/butchered/wrapped.

Lol. Meanwhile the "trophy" hogs are eating the farmers out of house and home.

Last edited by local_dirt; 02/02/24.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire

Are you talking about DemocRAT style feral Swines? Or JUST PIGS?

The first example motivates me, the second one, not so much.

Yes. Feral swine junk jockey. Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol. Meanwhile the "trophy" hogs are eating the farmers out of house and home.

I must be doing it wrong... grin

I have never paid a dime to shoot hogs, and do so on a very regular basis. Got ranches to hunt hogs on that I can't find time to get to.

While there are a few hunting operations that charge hunters willing to pay for that, there's 10 times more farmers and ranchers who don't, and want the hogs gone.... and call people like me.

Got a good friend down here that is a govt hunter. They put him totally on hog duty only. No coyotes anymore. He kills more hogs that the plague. Reckon he pays to hunt them? wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Damn. I was hoping this was about illegals.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
This is fine with me.. However, it better not be the tax payers to help foot the bill.. The attitude is already all over the posts. In a way , farmers did it to themselves. I never heard of a farmer down south on this board saying they will let anyone hunt , even people on this board have asked to no avail.. Always was the excuse we are too stupid to shut a gate. In all honesty though my grandpa got mad at me for leaving the barn door open when I was about 8 yrs. old , so I guess I can't be trusted.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Met our state trapper at gas station other day, told him I was going to let these young guys that do their coyote and hog contests come in and shoot a bunch, he kinda got pissed , he said don’t let anyone shoot at them, call state and have him scheduled to come and trap them or get helicopter in and kill them all, I hunted them in Texas for thirty years, I think you can do both, I see them at all times on wheat fields.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Define “effective and safe toxin”.
I remember that we used a few toxins to kill pest, that kept on killing whatever eat the dead pest from the same poison!
How many raptors and small carnivores we kill with DDT and strychnine?
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (808outdoors, 21, 35, 1Longbow, 10 invisible), 14,614 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,926
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.