Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We have brand new tip top management at the company I work for.

My regional HR manager said everyone under the umbrella of salary should send a letter.

I've never been asked to do so nor have I ever coined such tripe but here it is before being submitted.

Please critique

Hello,
I would like to take a few minutes to introduce myself to our new management team.
I started with our company in late May 1988 only hours after graduating from Poplar Bluff Tech. I enjoyed a four year Missouri State Accredited Apprenticeship program in the trade of Precision Injection Mold Making and this was completed in 1992. In my next four years I honed my craft as I was also trained in people and job management skills and by early 1997 I was awarded the position of Journeyman and in less six months later I was promoted to Leadman over New Build Cell #2.
New mold build gave me the assignment of being in charge of managing the cost and building 12 to 14 new injection molds per year as well as managing 8 to 10 toolmakers in my crew. I held that position for many years until transitioning to a much smaller staffing scenario as our very large tooling department was dissolved by new management.
Many years have passed and as I find myself accepting a new and exciting role with RPS I understand it comes with a big responsibility of performance, education, technical correspondence and the always important ROI.
With each couple weeks I will be exploring a new assignment but I will be working very hard to make an impact with each day. Whether it's my ability to use various machines, troubleshoot molds or molding applications or educate fellow employees you can rest assured that my goals are deeply rooted in improving RPS in any facet I can touch and hope to take this new venture into new heights of refinement.
About me...
I was born in St Louis Missouri and I'm happily married to my wife Tricia for over 35. She is a Medical Professional in Behavioral Health for nearly 32 years. We have two sons that are in their early 30's with two Granddaughters.
We enjoy family time and spending time with friends. I'm active in our local Rescue Mission and do my best to stay active in several Nation/Local Lodges.
With over so many years of service to our company I think my loyalty is unquestionable but I truly hope my future holds unparalleled growth.
In this era of job hopping I am proud to be still here today!

tedthorn

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'd include a welcome of some sort at the very start.
Also, best to begin with your current role and its responsibilities, then move quickly through your start with the organization up to the current role.
A genuine welcome, who you are with the company now, positions you worked through and then your life outside the company.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
You need to add the word years after the "Tricia for over 35." part.

Might also add something towards the end about being interested where the company is going, and a suggestion about how to improve functionality that is easy and non-abrasive.

This all assuming that they actually read it and actually GAF about you.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 02/03/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Did you mean to say "National/Local "?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RufusG
Did you mean to say "National/Local "?

I did

I'm involved in National and Local Lodges

Should I drop the N/L and just say Lodges?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
My name is xyz. I currently work in the rbd division, reporting to EQW. I started with our company…

Were you awarded the position of Journeyman or did you earn it?

Period after Journeyman and start a new sentence.

New mold build didn’t give you the assignment, you earned the position. Achieved is a good word, too.

With each couple of weeks.

St. Louis, Missouri,

35 years

Two sons who

Don’t capitalize the g in granddaughters.

national/local, don’t capitalize.

With over 35 years of service, delete I think.

and I truly hope (not but)

Not bad, your comma use is a little weak but not glaring.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Truly one of the coolest threads I've ever seen here.

Good man asking friends for helpful input. Great suggestions made from kindness.

I have nothing really to add bc the suggestions so far have been spot on.

Just wanted to say I appreciated the positivity and camaraderie.

Doug

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
My name is xyz. I currently work in the rbd division, reporting to EQW. I started with our company…

Were you awarded the position of Journeyman or did you earn it?

Period after Journeyman and start a new sentence.

New mold build didn’t give you the assignment, you earned the position. Achieved is a good word, too.

With each couple of weeks.

St. Louis, Missouri,

35 years

Two sons who

Don’t capitalize the g in granddaughters.

national/local, don’t capitalize.

With over 35 years of service, delete I think.

and I truly hope (not but)

Not bad, your comma use is a little weak but not glaring.

P

👍

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
You need to add the word years after the "Tricia for over 35." part.

Might also add something towards the end about being interested where the company is going, and a suggestion about how to improve functionality that is easy and non-abrasive.

This all assuming that they actually read it and actually GAF about you.

👍

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WTM45
I'd include a welcome of some sort at the very start.
Also, best to begin with your current role and its responsibilities, then move quickly through your start with the organization up to the current role.
A genuine welcome, who you are with the company now, positions you worked through and then your life outside the company.

👍

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
You need a new regional HR manager.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06

and that insight helps me how?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Talk about ass backwards! Why does everyone that’s been there for years and years have to write a letter to their CEO and CFO? I’d be inclined to tell mommy in HR that they have not done anything yet to merit a thank you note or a kiss ass letter. If Karen is trying to garner brownie points for getting everyone to kiss their ass it sounds like she’s well on her way but ultimately it’s a stupid, liberal idea.

If the CEO or CFO were worth ashit THEY would introduce themselves to the company THEY ARE JUST NOW JOINING. They should be introducing themselves NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. I’m the type who would not be writing a childish introduction to the new CEO and CFO, if HR doesn’t like it then too bad it’s not a requirement nor actionable.

Tedhorn….I’m not speaking to your letter as I understand but I’m definitely the type that’s not going to be playing retarded liberal kiss ass games.

ETA….My comments assume you were NOT part of the selection committee or interview process.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 02/03/24.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by dale06

The new CEO and CFO very well may make that determination.
Let's help so they do not make the same decision with their RPS associate!

Never turn down any opportunity to make positive contact with the management of an organization. Opportunities are usually few and fleeting. Time is valuable so being concise and brief is important.

Every day you are selling yourself. How you do that shows management how you will sell the company.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Use pharmsellers opening paragraph. Modify the below with that.

Allow me to introduce myself to our new management team. I joined the company in late May 1988, immediately after graduating from Poplar Bluff Tech. Completing a four-year Missouri State Accredited Apprenticeship in Precision Injection Mold Making by 1992, I furthered my skills in both the technical and managerial aspects. By early 1997, I earned the position of Journeyman and, within six months, was promoted to Leadman over New Build Cell #2.

My expertise in managing costs and overseeing the construction of 12 to 14 new injection molds annually, along with leading a team of 8 to 10 toolmakers, defined my role in mold build for many years. Transitioning to a smaller staffing scenario followed the dissolution of our large tooling department by new management.

Embarking on an exciting role with RPS, I acknowledge the responsibilities of performance, education, technical correspondence, and ROI. While taking on new assignments every couple of weeks, I'm committed to making a daily impact, utilizing my skills in machine operation, mold troubleshooting, and employee education to enhance RPS across all facets.

On a personal note, born in St. Louis, Missouri, I've been happily married to Tricia for over 35 years. With two sons in their early 30s and two granddaughters, family time and socializing with friends are cherished. Actively engaged in our local Rescue Mission and various lodges, my loyalty to the company over the years is undeniable, and I aspire to contribute to its unparalleled growth in the future, standing proudly amidst an era of frequent job changes.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Allow me to introduce myself to our new management team. I joined the company in late May 1988, immediately after graduating from Poplar Bluff Tech. Completing a four-year Missouri State Accredited Apprenticeship in Precision Injection Mold Making by 1992, I furthered my skills in both the technical and managerial aspects. By early 1997, I earned the position of Journeyman and, within six months, was promoted to Leadman over New Build Cell #2.

My expertise in managing costs and overseeing the construction of 12 to 14 new injection molds annually, along with leading a team of 8 to 10 toolmakers, defined my role in mold build for many years. Transitioning to a smaller staffing scenario followed the dissolution of our large tooling department by new management.

Embarking on an exciting role with RPS, I acknowledge the responsibilities of performance, education, technical correspondence, and ROI. While taking on new assignments every couple of weeks, I'm committed to making a daily impact, utilizing my skills in machine operation, mold troubleshooting, and employee education to enhance RPS across all facets.

On a personal note, born in St. Louis, Missouri, I've been happily married to Tricia for over 35 years. With two sons in their early 30s and two granddaughters, family time and socializing with friends are cherished. Actively engaged in our local Rescue Mission and various lodges, my loyalty to the company over the years is undeniable, and I aspire to contribute to its unparalleled growth in the future, standing proudly amidst an era of frequent job changes.

This pretty much nails it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Consider leaving out the personal information paragraph. Really depends on the culture of your company. If they are moving in a woke direction this paragraph is of little benefit to you.

Also as someone who has worked with a number of executive types I wonder if it will even be read by them. Top level executives are often long winded self promoters who never seem to be able to actually read anything themselves.

I wish you continued success in your career.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It reads like corporate bull schidt like it’s all about the author and reflects nothing on the labor force. It sucks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by silver78
Consider leaving out the personal information paragraph. Really depends on the culture of your company. If they are moving in a woke direction this paragraph is of little benefit to you.

Also as someone who has worked with a number of executive types I wonder if it will even be read by them. Top level executives are often long winded self promoters who never seem to be able to actually read anything themselves.

I wish you continued success in your career.

I used the personal paragraph only because during our teams meeting the new management told us about their personal situations

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

This pretty much nails it.

We already knew you were an idiot. Retire in peace and suck down infinite Martinis. You stupid jerk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (22250rem, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.