Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
"Lifestyles!" In contrast. Some days into the 70ies in SoCal at my home earlier this week. Sixties and rain now. Nights typically forties to low fifties. But not the biting humid cold of Mark Twain's remarks about San Franscisco summers worst winter he'd experienced; some such.

Hopefully you all are doing 'your thing' in the manner you love. "Home" and there necessarily "hearth". I've experienced "cold" in the RU City of Yakutsk. A few days in midwinter a quarter century ago. People there with entirely different lifestyle principally featuring a pattern of life in ever "adapting". Alaskans presumably most with technology to 'accommodate'. As much as I dislike the Kalifornia anti-gun climate as 'hobby interfering', my family "lifestyle" takes precedent.

A 'Clink, Clink' salute to you all and what you perhaps find in "community" in those environs as lost here in "the Burbs". But "home for me and mine" is in climate friendly environs, achieved.

Your original postulation of "Frost Bite" as another man's lament of "Sun Burn". At best, it's all about being where you want to be, doing what you want to do!
Thanks for the interesting 'inside view' of another American lifestyle!

Best!
John

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was thinking back on fishing and hunting trips up to the big state, can’t remember what we were doing on this trip, but we came in from bush to Talkeetna, while there we did laundry at little place, there were two asian guys doing laundry, they had just came off McKinley , their noses were completely gone, and center of there faces were black as Cole, very shocking to see, felt so sorry for these young guys, but they were the happiest two men, laughing and making jokes to each other, didn’t cover up at all, they made it off Alive.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Angus55
I was thinking back on fishing and hunting trips up to the big state, can’t remember what we were doing on this trip, but we came in from bush to Talkeetna, while there we did laundry at little place, there were two asian guys doing laundry, they had just came off McKinley , their noses were completely gone, and center of there faces were black as Cole, very shocking to see, felt so sorry for these young guys, but they were the happiest two men, laughing and making jokes to each other, didn’t cover up at all, they made it off Alive.

There are certain situations where being able to say "I AM ALIVE ... Thank you, LORD" carries a gravity that the majority of people will never understand nor appreciate...

Mainer, best wishes for a full and uneventful recovery...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,879 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,796
Posts18,477,374
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.