Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Never watched the series before. Last month, it was free on Prime. Had I known it was for one month only, I would have at least binge watched season one. As it was, I only saw five or six episodes, then discovered it wasn't free anymore after January 31st. But I did buy season one on Prime the other day, which was cheap anyway, so no big deal.

Great series, but I always wonder why he's always short on cash. He's retired special forces. Isn't there a pension for that? Also, he works as a private investigator. I see people pay him good money for his services. Last episode, he got $1,000.00 for one day's work. And he has no living expenses, due to free room and board (not to mention the sports car) through the estate and club, yet whenever it comes time to pay for anything, he's only got a few dollars in his wallet, and skips on the rest of what he owes. Any theories?

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
He's too busy buying condoms.

Get it?

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Never watched the series before. Last month, it was free on Prime. Had I known it was for one month only, I would have at least binge watched season one. As it was, I only saw five or six episodes, then discovered it wasn't free anymore after January 31st. But I did buy season one on Prime the other day, which was cheap anyway, so no big deal.

Great series, but I always wonder why he's always short on cash. He's retired special forces. Isn't there a pension for that? Also, he works as a private investigator. I see people pay him good money for his services. Last episode, he got $1,000.00 for one day's work. And he has no living expenses, due to free room and board (not to mention the sports car) through the estate and club, yet whenever it comes time to pay for anything, he's only got a few dollars in his wallet, and skips on the rest of what he owes. Any theories?

he needed a reverse mortgage but strangers talked him out of it...bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not too sure, but my uncle was always able to find himself without his checkbook wherever we went. Maybe it was just talent?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
He had money, just no pockets on those skimpy shorts

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Always thought Selleck was too short on his UDT shorts.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Magnum resigned from the Navy, not retired. Didn't have enough years in for a pension. Tom Selleck wanted the Magnum character to have some real flaws instead of being a typical perfect Hollywood hero. Thus, he was always indebted to his friends, from running a tab at the club on Robin Masters' account, to owing TC gas money, to promising Rick he'd return favors for Rick extending his credit.

It's a great show.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gaperry59
Magnum resigned from the Navy, not retired. Didn't have enough years in for a pension. Tom Selleck wanted the Magnum character to have some real flaws instead of being a typical perfect Hollywood hero. Thus, he was always indebted to his friends, from running a tab at the club on Robin Masters' account, to owing TC gas money, to promising Rick he'd return favors for Rick extending his credit.

It's a great show.

Somebody has a man crush.

LOL
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Much of the time he worked for free.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Epishemore
Always thought Selleck was too short on his UDT shorts.

Par for the era. Rhodesian army bush shorts were shorter.

/sartorial observation

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Maybe it's you ballz.

gaperry put forth a good story line, Magnum sort of a scamp.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kolofardos
He had money, just no pockets on those skimpy shorts

Bullseye!

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Uh, the Apache's living in the desert wearing the loin cloths, there thighs exposed. Turns out the thighs dissipate body heat second to only the head. The premier reason to wear short, shorts.

Not the stylish ghetto knee knockers, or worse, the goofy below the knee WTF ever they represent.

I'm gettin too old to wear the Magnum shorts, but refuse to imitate a Norwegian bassetball player as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 50 invisible), 1,878 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,281
Posts18,525,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.