Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
Ruger #1`s are an excellent single shot and cost a lot too manufacture as most of us know , since Ruger now owns Marlin i bet this new type single shot version will be a cheaper type break-open single shot like Henry firearms manufactures ? these new Marlin single shots will be easier to make and much cheaper to manufacture but will probably still cost over $600.00 retail. the good thing is Ruger #1`s will gain even more value and probably will never be manufactured again. Pete53

No. He said they need to be competitive with the CVA singles price tag

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
A single shot 35 REM would be nice

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by moosemike
In talking to the Marlin rep at a show this past weekend I found out Marlin is coming out with its own single shot rifle. They're inspired by CVA's success and their hope initially was to buy H&R/NEF but FG wanted 35 million for the brand. So apparently a Marlin break action rifle is on the horizon
This will be interesting to follow.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I believe there is something to it. Since I didn't start the rumour, I can tell you that Ruger told me a little while ago that if they are going to do that, they will announce it via email/press release. I took that to mean, something is up, but they are just not going to say much at this time. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
This should keep us all jabbering for awhile. Let’s hope for a decent little kipplauf that lacks the Santa’s workshop look of the Henry, the plastic trigger guard of the NEF, and wood above the pallet grade stuff of the late No. 1s.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A Mannlicher stock might be fitting for this, depending on design.

Last edited by Stump Buster; 02/06/24.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
With Thompson Center all but dead, it would be NICE if it was something that could be in rifle AND pistol format (CVA was making Scout pistols, for a while), like the Contender/Encore. If none of you have one of the Scout pistols, they weren’t bad, considering the $300-$350 price point.

It certainly isn’t going to be like an 1885 or a No. 1, if it’s supposed to compete with a CVA Scout.

Should be interesting….

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Yeah, if they're going for the CVA price point ($250-450) it will be definitely be interesting to see what they come up with. I highly doubt it will have any wood on it at that kind of money, but you never know.

I'm a big fan of the CVAs, but some healthy competition is typically a good thing. Maybe Ruger/Marlin will cook up something even better at that price level.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
In talking to the Marlin rep at a show this past weekend I found out Marlin is coming out with its own single shot rifle. They're inspired by CVA's success and their hope initially was to buy H&R/NEF but FG wanted 35 million for the brand. So apparently a Marlin break action rifle is on the horizon
This will be interesting to follow.

^ ^ ^ ^ this

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If it's not a working man something or another
they might as well go on to other projects and
let Henry and the chinee peepuls take care of
the low end market
I can't see a big market for a high end single
that doesn't come in a Merkel box

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope whatever they come out with has interchangable barrels like could be done with the H&R. Would set them apart from the CVA/Henry pack.

And I'd like to see the 360 BH in the first round of offerings.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ruger #1`s are an excellent single shot and cost a lot too manufacture as most of us know , since Ruger now owns Marlin i bet this new type single shot version will be a cheaper type break-open single shot like Henry firearms manufactures ? these new Marlin single shots will be easier to make and much cheaper to manufacture but will probably still cost over $600.00 retail. the good thing is Ruger #1`s will gain even more value and probably will never be manufactured again. Pete53

Ruger is coming out with two new No.1's this year, a 270 75th anniversary and a 280 Ai. Apparently even more in the pipeline.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by marlinguy
I was hoping this post was going to reveal a plan for Marlin to reintroduce their Ballard rifles again!

One can only dream, Vall!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 21
Ruger is coming out with two new No.1's this year, a 270 75th anniversary and a 280 Ai. Apparently even more in the pipeline.

75th Anniversary? Anniversary of Ruger itself, since the anniversary of the .270 marks 100 years?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The 50th anniv of the Ruger #1 was 2017.
Aint getting another pimped falling block LOL

Last edited by hookeye; 02/07/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Raisins on the cookie, as my Old Man used to say!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by pointer
I hope whatever they come out with has interchangable barrels like could be done with the H&R. Would set them apart from the CVA/Henry pack.

And I'd like to see the 360 BH in the first round of offerings.

The ability to swap barrels would be a good move for them. It would set them apart as you mentioned and fill the gap left by TC. If you can swap barrels, it could be advertised as a takedown model.

One big pro of the break action single shots is the short oal. In a suppressed break action, less barrel shortening is needed for the same rifle OAL as a bolt/etc. They could promote that.

Any of the states that have cartridge and/or action restrictions or special seasons would be another market, so yeah, any of the state restriction rounds should be a seller.

Whatever they do, I hope they make it slim/trim and stainless. I like light rifles. An option with a carbon butt/forend, a slim/trim receiver, and light contour barrel would be nice. So many of the short break actions are not lighter than bolt actions because of the weight of the stocks or heavy contour barrels. If designed well, it could compete in weight with the lightest rifles on the market, without the need for a shorter barrel, and still be suppressed.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by 21

75th Anniversary? Anniversary of Ruger itself, since the anniversary of the .270 marks 100 years?

Note upper left corner.

https://www.ruger.com/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 21

i hope this is true !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

No. He said they need to be competitive with the CVA singles price tag

well good for them but i won`t be buying this type of rifle , i prefer a better quality rifle .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.