Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Given the financial apathy and lack of financial discipline in the general population, it would not surprise me if fast food prices pulled back a little but stayed much higher than they should be.

People spend money frivolously because they think they have to. They can't comprehend a life without fast food and actually preparing 3 meals a day for a family. More rational consumers simply stop buying things when prices get higher than they are willing to pay and they find an alternative.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
Given the financial apathy and lack of financial discipline in the general population, it would not surprise me if fast food prices pulled back a little but stayed much higher than they should be.

People spend money frivolously because they think they have to. They can't comprehend a life without fast food and actually preparing 3 meals a day for a family. More rational consumers simply stop buying things when prices get higher than they are willing to pay and they find an alternative.

This I agree with and would even take it one step farther. People that "prepare meals" also tend to basically re-heat prepared/purchased/packaged meals. People grocery shop for finished food these days, not so much ingredients. Ingredients are healthier/cheaper etc.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Calvin

This I agree with and would even take it one step farther. People that "prepare meals" also tend to basically re-heat prepared/purchased/packaged meals. People grocery shop for finished food these days, not so much ingredients. Ingredients are healthier/cheaper etc.

That's such a foreign way of doing things. Even on vacation we don't eat out or eat prepared foods except for the occasional rotisserie chicken. Amazing how much better you feel and how much more money stays in your wallet to blow on things like guns and fishing gear.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from westernrifleshooters.us]

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Mickey D’s food is the fastest working laxative known to man. Eat and take a dump within 30 minutes. Sh*t in sh*t out.

You should consult a doctor

McBowel's has along standing reputation for being a laxative. Olean usage was cited, but that rep pre-dates Olean

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by KFWA
"Eating at home has become more affordable," Kempczinski said, per the outlet. "The battleground is certainly with that low-income consumer."

Theoretically - eating at home should always be affordable, if you're doing it right.

That said - tonight I'll go to my local bar and get a soda, burger and fries for 9.50 out the door. Cheaper than McD? They're neck and neck I think but the VALUE is vastly different.

You don't tip?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Fuggin a right!

Few weeks ago i went to grab. $5 / 20 pack of nuggets.

No sir…. $7 something now…

Ok, gimmes a $1 large Diet Coke.

No sir.. $2 now.

Wooo weeeee! Chit fire and save the matches….

their menu prices must be all over the place all over the country. 10 piece nugget is 5 bucks where I'm at, plus the add another for 1 dollar special, so 20 for 6 bucks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by killerv
"Eating at home has become more affordable," Kempczinski said, per the outlet. "The battleground is certainly with that low-income consumer."

Theoretically - eating at home should always be affordable, if you're doing it right.

That said - tonight I'll go to my local bar and get a soda, burger and fries for 9.50 out the door. Cheaper than McD? They're neck and neck I think but the VALUE is vastly different.

You don't tip?

Always but we're talking the goods here, not everything else. Even an appropriate 20% tip on that is within regional pricing differences for a McD meal.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Fuggin a right!

Few weeks ago i went to grab. $5 / 20 pack of nuggets.

No sir…. $7 something now…

Ok, gimmes a $1 large Diet Coke.

No sir.. $2 now.

Wooo weeeee! Chit fire and save the matches….

their menu prices must be all over the place all over the country. 10 piece nugget is 5 bucks where I'm at, plus the add another for 1 dollar special, so 20 for 6 bucks.

Very possible.

The location is in small town with only Hardee’s for competition.

And the Hardee’s has ssssssllllllllllooooooowwwww service.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Keep hiring big lipped, knuckle dragger low IQ humanoids.

Good grief . . . when you get the chance you love to play the “negro” card. Plenty of other a$$hats that work here and in the food service arena in general . . . but this isn’t the reason they missed their guidance but you carry on.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I remember when McD's opened their 1st place in the USSR. It was at the Moscow train station which handles millions of people per year. On opening day, a Big Mac sold for the equivalent of $25 (probably 50 in today's money). They had lines winding through the station with several hour waits. It had taken McD's many years to negotiate the red system to get all the approvals they needed to buy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
my son is so tight with his money he takes leftovers to lunch everyday, no matter what it is. He has a Chipotle across the street from where he works so we got him a Chipotle gift card for Xmas

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I remember when McD's opened their 1st place in the USSR. It was at the Moscow train station which handles millions of people per year. On opening day, a Big Mac sold for the equivalent of $25 (probably 50 in today's money). They had lines winding through the station with several hour waits. It had taken McD's many years to negotiate the red system to get all the approvals they needed to buy.

and pulled out in a few days after the invasion of Ukraine

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
As in, "DUH"!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

and pulled out in a few days after the invasion of Ukraine

A Russian man bought the McDonalds assets. Food looks pretty good. Big Mac, medium fries, and a drink for $3.50.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Give me early 2000's Carl's Junior

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Gaza my pickled pig's foot. The issue is minimum wage raises. You can't pay some pimpled fry dipper $20/hr and still sell those fries for a buck.
I'm amazed you are the first to mention the Israel blame. This country is SO far gone...its unrecoverable Let er crash and burn. Pick up the pieces.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marketing goes a long way towards keeping people in line, but at some point, the price is too high. External events, too, make a difference. I'll wager a small fry that lots of people were feeling good paying their $20 for a meal until their $500 a month student loan payment kicked back in......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
McDonalds will fight inflation by selling an 1/8 pounder, and a small Mac.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Gaza my pickled pig's foot. The issue is minimum wage raises. You can't pay some pimpled fry dipper $20/hr and still sell those fries for a buck.
Yeah, I just don't understand why these greedy kids won't work for 2.00 an hour like I did when I was a kid. Never mind that a new Ruger 10/22 cost 60 bucks back then and they're over 300 now. IDGAF, I still want a 25 cent hamburger and dammit I aught to be able to have one.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 70 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.