Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by pointer
I hope whatever they come out with has interchangable barrels like could be done with the H&R. Would set them apart from the CVA/Henry pack.

And I'd like to see the 360 BH in the first round of offerings.

The ability to swap barrels would be a good move for them. It would set them apart as you mentioned and fill the gap left by TC. If you can swap barrels, it could be advertised as a takedown model.

One big pro of the break action single shots is the short oal. In a suppressed break action, less barrel shortening is needed for the same rifle OAL as a bolt/etc. They could promote that.

Any of the states that have cartridge and/or action restrictions or special seasons would be another market, so yeah, any of the state restriction rounds should be a seller.

Whatever they do, I hope they make it slim/trim and stainless. I like light rifles. An option with a carbon butt/forend, a slim/trim receiver, and light contour barrel would be nice. So many of the short break actions are not lighter than bolt actions because of the weight of the stocks or heavy contour barrels. If designed well, it could compete in weight with the lightest rifles on the market, without the need for a shorter barrel, and still be suppressed.
I very much agree. The rationale for suppressors would be a good seller. The popularity of these types of rifles in states with chambering restrictions makes them being an offering a no brainer IMO.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I know that some version of a Farquharson action would be nice, but Ruger already has the No. 1. As well, they need to hit an affordable price point, so that means a break action. Same with the stock. These days, plastic is the new wood. The tactical people like the look and the accountants like the cheap production cost.

If the the idea of single action, straight walled cartridges has Ruger's interest, then the 360 BHMR makes sense, if only for the bullet selection, the headspacing and the fact that people like as much punch as they can get for their dollar. This last thing doesn't always make sense, but it is what it is.

The bean counters have the final word, so I think they will have to offer something like a 223, 308 or similar "popular" cartridge as well, if they want to make some money.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Something slim and trim would get my attention. I'm not interested in some blocky chunky truck axle of a break action.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer
I hope whatever they come out with has interchangable barrels like could be done with the H&R. Would set them apart from the CVA/Henry pack.

And I'd like to see the 360 BH in the first round of offerings.

I'd like to see that as well but that's one of the cartridges he specifically named saying they have no interest in offering them at this time

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hackleback
Something slim and trim would get my attention. I'm not interested in some blocky chunky truck axle of a break action.

I'd love to see them give it appealing lines. I am with you on not being interested in another clubby design.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto + 1000.

They could take their cues from the Savage 219, IMO about the most graceful budget priced break open ever made. Emphasis on budget, not talking about Merkels or other high dollar kipplaufen.

[Linked Image from s1.img.bidsquare.com]

Of course, given today's market and buyers, it'll have a black plastic stock with M-Lok forend, maybe even a collapsible folding stock.

I just threw up a little writing that...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They could take their cues from the Savage 219, IMO about the most graceful budget priced break open ever made.

I agree that that is a very nice-looking single-shot rifle. The only "problem" with it is it doesn't meet the requirements for hunting in certain areas & manufacturers might take that into consideration. For hunting seasons in a variety of locations (i.e. if someone was trying to design a "universal" rifle instead of an elegant one), then it would at a minimum have to have the following features to check off the largest number of regulation requirements:

1. Breech loaded
2. Exposed hammer
3. Chambered in calibers .35 or greater
4. Chambered in a straight-walled cartridge

Item 1, 2 & 3 are what I have to primitive hunt under in LA & MS. Item #2 (which negates your excellent suggestion) is what keeps my beloved Ruger #1 chambered in 9.3x74r stuck in my gun safe collecting dust. It's a regulation that I see no reason for but I have to live with it for part of the hunting season. Similar to your Savage 219 suggestion, in other posts Exchipy has shared photos of his very nice TCR 83 Aristocrat which had the same lines as your Savage suggestion but is still inadequate for my particular area:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Maybe they’re thinking of bringing back the Number 3 but under the Marlin banner.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by odonata
They could take their cues from the Savage 219, IMO about the most graceful budget priced break open ever made.

I agree that that is a very nice-looking single-shot rifle. The only "problem" with it is it doesn't meet the requirements for hunting in certain areas & manufacturers might take that into consideration. For hunting seasons in a variety of locations (i.e. if someone was trying to design a "universal" rifle instead of an elegant one), then it would at a minimum have to have the following features to check off the largest number of regulation requirements:

1. Breech loaded
2. Exposed hammer
3. Chambered in calibers .35 or greater
4. Chambered in a straight-walled cartridge

Item 1, 2 & 3 are what I have to primitive hunt under in LA & MS. Item #2 (which negates your excellent suggestion) is what keeps my beloved Ruger #1 chambered in 9.3x74r stuck in my gun safe collecting dust. It's a regulation that I see no reason for but I have to live with it for part of the hunting season. Similar to your Savage 219 suggestion, in other posts Exchipy has shared photos of his very nice TCR 83 Aristocrat which had the same lines as your Savage suggestion but is still inadequate for my particular area:

You summed that up pretty well. Now add in that it has to be affordable so people will actually buy them. Henrys and CVAs may fall short in some ways, but they are affordable, and people are buying them. I’m not sure there’s much room for another similar rifle.

What fresh Hell is this?
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
If they can come in with some sort of decent break action closer to CVA's prices than Henry's they might do ok with it, because there is a bit of a gap between the brand price points.

Iron sights would be a plus; the lack thereof is my main rub with the Scouts.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
Maybe they’re thinking of bringing back the Number 3 but under the Marlin banner.

No. As I've been trying to say they're bringing back the H&R handi rifle with their spin on it. That was initially the brand they wanted even before Marlin but they didn't like the price

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
H&R? CVA? Price point?

Yawn. Who friggen cares. Give us something to get excited about.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]”GOOD COPY, except for a bit of HISSS in your transmission. Over.”

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from s1.img.bidsquare.com]

Agreed:

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Exchipy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]”GOOD COPY, except for a bit of HISSS in your transmission. Over.”

😂

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

too damn funny!

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

lololol

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
IF the trigger is truly **good** then I'm interested, otherwise, meh, just another thing I don't need.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike
😂

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
🤣😂🤣

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 5 invisible), 1,154 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.