Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
who gives a [bleep] what that mass murdering KGB agent thinks? Russia has been an antagonist of America ever since America was created. Stunned that so many folks here worship Putin, believe what he says, and want to just fold.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 02/09/24.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Osky
I see a lot I’d agree with.
In a lot of ways the US has been using Russia as a “spooky” diversion so the powers can avoid having to deal with what China really is.
Not that I love Russia, quite frankly we get more truth out of them than our own government these days however.

Osky
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
who gives a [bleep] what that mass murdering KGB agent thinks? Russia has been an antagonist of America ever since America was created. Stunned that so many folks here worship Putin, believe what he says, and want to just fold.
Fold to what exactly? What is the Russian threat to us currently, other than the threat we are creating?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
1. I don't see Russia as our friend but apparently some seem to believe that.
2. Europe put themselves under Putin's boot by becoming energy dependant on him. So the war gave them every opportunity to cut their ties and they should do so.
3. If Putin takes all of Ukraine, then every border state becomes the next target.
4. If the war is allowed to expand, at some point in time NATO becomes involved and that WILL directly involve the US with US soldiers on the ground.
5. We spent more than $8 Trillion on the war on terror and got nothing in return and a heavy loss of life and critically wounded US soldiers. So, a $150 billion is a very small price to pay to ensure the Russian military is decimated and that Putin is eventually assassinated or removed from office by the oligarchs who are running the country.
6. The war has been a Master Class on modern warfare and many of our preconceived notions on fighting a modern adversary has been rocked to the core. Might as well learn a few things at Ukrain's expense.

Except for point 6, you and I are pretty much in sync in our views on this issue.

Point 6 seems to ignore the aspect of air superiority. Without air superiority, the ground forces don't get the level of tactical air support that helps to facilitate their moves on the battlefield. The Ukrainians have limited air force resources and few weapons that would allow them to attack transportation and logistics hubs deep inside enemy territory. Russia is heavily dependent on rail transportation and if you have the right weapons, bridges are always a lucrative target.
You are as clueless then and voters like you have set this country up to fail. You applaud this madness and vote in the clowns who cause this. You guys are just as much at fault for what is happening to us as the evil pricks in office are

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
1 The CIA doesn't have the professional competence to overthrow a high school presidential election, much less a country
2.The previous Ukrainian regime was a Russian puppet and just as corrupt as the current one.

Everything else he's got a good grasp of issues.

Have you listened to Victoria Nuland's telephone call with the Ukrainian ambassador? Lol

All the U.S. State department does is overthrow and install puppet regimes.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/09/24.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
2. Europe put themselves under Putin's boot by becoming energy dependant on him. So the war gave them every opportunity to cut their ties and they should do so.
3. If Putin takes all of Ukraine, then every border state becomes the next target.
4. If the war is allowed to expand, at some point in time NATO becomes involved and that WILL directly involve the US with US soldiers on the ground.
5. We spent more than $8 Trillion on the war on terror and got nothing in return and a heavy loss of life and critically wounded US soldiers. So, a $150 billion is a very small price to pay to ensure the Russian military is decimated and that Putin is eventually assassinated or removed from office by the oligarchs who are running the country.
6. The war has been a Master Class on modern warfare and many of our preconceived notions on fighting a modern adversary has been rocked to the core. Might as well learn a few things at Ukrain's expense.

Except for point 6, you and I are pretty much in sync in our views on this issue.

Point 6 seems to ignore the aspect of air superiority. Without air superiority, the ground forces don't get the level of tactical air support that helps to facilitate their moves on the battlefield. The Ukrainians have limited air force resources and few weapons that would allow them to attack transportation and logistics hubs deep inside enemy territory. Russia is heavily dependent on rail transportation and if you have the right weapons, bridges are always a lucrative target.

No question that deep strike and air superiority is paramount in a real shooting war. I find it amazing that Ukraine has inflicted the amount of damage they have without air power and very limited anti-aircraft and missile defense capabilities.

For fifty years we feared the Great Russian Bear rolling over Ukraine into Europe. That fear was seriously misplaced. It is embarrassing how the Russian military has performed. It looks like intentional suicide.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

First class stupidity on display, but not unexpected.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunchamp

You are as clueless then and voters like you have set this country up to fail. You applaud this madness and vote in the clowns who cause this. You guys are just as much at fault for what is happening to us as the evil pricks in office are

In your opinion, but your opinion is meaningless to me.

I didn't vote for JRB, Jr. in 2020 and my Republican Senators, Fischer and Ricketts, and Representative, Bacon, are conservative right of center pols.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp

In your opinion, but your opinion is meaningless to me.

I didn't vote for JRB, Jr. in 2020 and my Republican Senators, Fischer and Ricketts, and Representative, Bacon, are conservative right of center pols.
Opinions are formed over the info that is put out for everyone to see. You did that and it was an easy opinion to form

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The guy is a master of propoganda. I listened to the whole interview last night. I got sucked in for a while and thought maybe he isn't the enemy we thought. By the time it was over I knew he isn't a good. Putin is a billionaire from gov't corruption.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No question that deep strike and air superiority is paramount in a real shooting war. I find it amazing that Ukraine has inflicted the amount of damage they have without air power and very limited anti-aircraft and missile defense capabilities.

For fifty years we feared the Great Russian Bear rolling over Ukraine into Europe. That fear was seriously misplaced. It is embarrassing how the Russian military has performed. It looks like intentional suicide.

I know that when we went on REFORGER exercises in late 1970s and early 1989s, we were worried about the Red Army using chemical weapons on us. The Russian Army has been far more inept in their war with Ukraine than I would have ever expected. The Ukrainians have hit well above their weight and just think how much more damage they could have done in the early days of the war if they had mobilized before the Russians attacked them. Seriously degrading the Russian military without shedding American or NATO blood is as good a deal for us as Soviet support of North Vietnam in the 1960s was for them.

Or so it seems to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The guy is a master of propoganda. I listened to the whole interview last night. I got sucked in for a while and thought maybe he isn't the enemy we thought. By the time it was over I knew he isn't a good. Putin is a billionaire from gov't corruption.

Good Russian is an oxymoron.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Compiled by another:

Putin believes that Ukraine is historically part of Russia and it's independent existence is only tolerable if the country is firmly in Russia's sphere of influence.

He believes the CIA engineered a coup that overthrew the legitimate government of Ukraine and replaced it with a western puppet regime in 2014.

He believes the modern nationalist Ukrainian state draws from the legacy of Nazi collaboration during WWII and poses a direct threat to Russian national security. Removing this particular nationalist influence is a key goal of the military operation, which he seeks to achieve through negotiation.

Russia expressed interest in joining NATO during the Clinton administration but was rejected. This lead Russia to feel geopolitically isolated and cut off from the whole western project.

He believes the west is obsessed with weakening Russia as much as possible and that NATO is nothing more than an anti-Russian alliance.

Putin thinks China is now more powerful than the United States and more relevant.

He believes our government is controlled by an entrenched bureaucracy that cannot be changed through elections.

He believes the US and European Union are extorting taxpayers to fund Ukraine's war. He sees no reason why the US continues to support Ukraine.
Actually a very good take on his feelings. Further it’s very evident he is concerned about his place in history because of how much time he spent on it. That suggests he might to defer to something greater than himself.

Reading comments here. Why hate Russia? You know it’s actual people and families you’re hating if you do. We made a grave error with our policy toward Russia. it should have been more like how we treated Japan.

Given the current nature of the CIA. True peace with Russia is impossible. Half the CIA would need to be fired. Would we influence them more by doing business with Russia or more sanctions? We already know how the later has worked.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Russia has been an antagonist of America ever since America was created.
That is factually incorrect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia%E2%80%93United_States_relations

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
This is just another building block in the Davos Crowds plans for the Future..

They want Russia Wealth..

They tried to Coup Putin but He smelled and disposed of the Problem so the NWOCCIA started a War thinking this would drain Putin ..

Well it Hasn’t..

Another thing is the NWO Grip on the US and Western Europe is Getting Weaker ..

Now all Emanuel has to do is Finish what Putin has Started in this Country..

But does Emanuel have True Grit ..

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Must watch interview. I know it’s 2 hrs long, but there is ALOT of important content in those 2 hours. We’re used to hearing 30 sec sound bites which involved zero journalism or research. The media just repeats propaganda talking points given to them by the White House or other Democrats. There’s no intelligent discussion involved, no depth.

Sure, Putin is going to put his Russian spin on things, but he makes it clear, the war could be easily ended quickly, there are major concerns of Nazi influence on Ukraine officials, there has been repeated threats of NATO expansion along Russian border and much more. A must watch interview if you’re 1) intelligent 2) free thinker 3) want to consider and weigh all the facts, not just the propaganda you hear on CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX NEWS.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”
-Benjamin Franklin
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker

I know that when we went on REFORGER exercises in late 1970s and early 1989s, we were worried about the Red Army using chemical weapons on us. The Russian Army has been far more inept in their war with Ukraine than I would have ever expected. The Ukrainians have hit well above their weight and just think how much more damage they could have done in the early days of the war if they had mobilized before the Russians attacked them. Seriously degrading the Russian military without shedding American or NATO blood is as good a deal for us as Soviet support of North Vietnam in the 1960s was for them.

Or so it seems to me.

The best thing to come out of this little tiff is - This has been a wakeup call for NATO and those who border Russia. Finally we see them rearming and upgrading their militaries because they all now know they could easily be next.

If Putin's thought was to counter NATO expansion, he blew that idea in spades. NATO is stronger than it has been in the past four decades and only gaining strength.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

Good Russian is an oxymoron.
Explains you perfectly. Another confused boomer living in the cold war. F ucks sake

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Or so it seems to me.

The best thing to come out of this little tiff is - This has been a wakeup call for NATO and those who border Russia. Finally we see them rearming and upgrading their militaries because they all now know they could easily be next.

If Putin's thought was to counter NATO expansion, he blew that idea in spades. NATO is stronger than it has been in the past four decades and only gaining strength.
LOL

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Compiled by another:

Putin believes that Ukraine is historically part of Russia and it's independent existence is only tolerable if the country is firmly in Russia's sphere of influence.

He is welcome to that opinion, but the Ukranians are just as welcome to their opinion to the contrary.

He believes the CIA engineered a coup that overthrew the legitimate government of Ukraine and replaced it with a western puppet regime in 2014.

Everybody else thinks the FSB orchestrated a pro-Russian coup. They could both be right, or even wrong.

He believes the modern nationalist Ukrainian state draws from the legacy of Nazi collaboration during WWII and poses a direct threat to Russian national security. Removing this particular nationalist influence is a key goal of the military operation, which he seeks to achieve through negotiation.

The modern Russian state draws from the Communist legacy which killed millions, including Ukranians. Russia poses a direct threat to Eastern European stability and national security.

Russia expressed interest in joining NATO during the Clinton administration but was rejected. This lead Russia to feel geopolitically isolated and cut off from the whole western project.

He did, but since NATO's charter is to protect against Russian aggression, how was that supposed to work? He would have simply ruined NATO from within. He's not stupid.

He believes the west is obsessed with weakening Russia as much as possible and that NATO is nothing more than an anti-Russian alliance.

He is obsessed with weakening the West, and has decried the loss of a counterweight to the US, and wants to reestablish the geopolitical influence and piwer of the former USSR. He is the very picture of the pot calling the kettle black.

Putin thinks China is now more powerful than the United States and more relevant.

May be.

He believes our government is controlled by an entrenched bureaucracy that cannot be changed through elections.

His is a kleptocracy controlled by an entrenched group of oligarch cronies who fall out of windows at an alarming rate. He locks up opponents, ensuring no change through elections.

He believes the US and European Union are extorting taxpayers to fund Ukraine's war. He sees no reason why the US continues to support Ukraine.

It's not extortion. He knows very well why we fund Ukraine.

Nothing he said was a surprise. He is an ambitious leader who wants to reestablish a protective later of vassal states subservient to Moscow to protect against historical invasions.

Eastern Europe does not want that.

He is entitled to his wants, but so is everybody else.

Last edited by plumbum; 02/09/24.
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.