Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
gator type mask for me. I think mine is an Ol Tom brand

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

Hmmm... Be the camoflague mummy. I'm kind liking it.

I have that for my shotgun. The fabric holds moisture so you need to remove it after rain events.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Mask

Leave the face paint for the Drake wearing duck commander duck hunters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear a veil. This is old school, but the mesh masks weren't being made when I started. The paint I bought wouldn't come off easy and I was in a 3-piece suit job during the week. Facepaint wasn't going to be a good idea. However, camo mesh was being sold by the yard at the sporting goods store, so I bought a piece and tied it to my boonie hat. I've stuck with it ever since.

It gives me a benefit. I can pile the mesh on top of my hat and keep my face clear. When the floor show starts, I simply dip my head and the mesh falls down. I have it tied just tight enough that it covers most of my face, but leaves an open slit up at the brim, so my view is unobstructed.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mesh mask. It's kind of airy, and my glasses don't fog up

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
When a very good friend of mine wanted to get into turkey hunting, he asked me if I would take him out with me. First time out, we were set up on a hillside overlooking a stretch of creek bottom. I set up about 20 yards away and uphill of my buddy. A gobbler answered my calling and literally was on his way, on the run! The tom came up the hill to our left and my buddy shifted ever so slightly. When the bird was about 25 yards away, I gave a sharp put and it stuck its head up. The Remington SP10 barked and the branch next to the turkey's head dissapeared and the turkey ducked down. I gave another put, turkey stuck its head back up, and another branch dissapeared! At this point the tom had had enough and took off and my buddy took his third shot on the wing... and missed again! I walked up laughing and asked him what happened? The head net he was using stayed in place when he turned his head and the divider between the eyes blocked his right eye. Some quick knife work took care of the divider. I then said "we just had all the fun of turkey hunting and he still had his tag, so we could still hunt". He said "leave me alone with my misery", so I replied "okay, but that was one of the biggest tom's I've seen here"! Lol! He said, "GFY Dean"! Lol! Moral to this story, if you're going to use it, make sure there aren't any issues and it works like you need it to. We've had a lot of great times hunting together for over 30 years, wouldn't trade any of it away...

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 02/20/24.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I used paint turkey and bow hunting in my 20s, Used a mesh net mask since.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No Mary K cosmetics for me.

Can’t beat this deal for $16.99. I kept a few and gave the rest away.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Baseball hat with attached mask with eye holes. Only a full headnet when the black flies are unbearable.

IC B3

B
B
First lite phantom mask. Keeps bugs from buzzing around you ears, not constricting and has a nice 3d texture. Ive used it during archery also and never had a string issue.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Mask,loose fit is better. More forgiving if you move.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
face paint or mask? Either one, depends on how bad the bugs are.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Mesh mask plus a headnet when the black flies are horrible.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Update: I returned the face paint. Not that I need the money, but my Man room fills up with crap and I decided I probably won't use the stuff.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
After my years in the infantry, and living in camo facepaint for weeks on end, I’ll never wear that stupid [bleep] again. Even in SOF, we wore a face mask or covering of some sort when needed. The Quaker boy full wire rim mesh nets are the best for that style, while the first lite or mothwing leafy nets that are made to go over your cap are the best in that style, IMO. I also have one that hangs off your hat bill with wire to shape the opening. There are plenty that don’t obstruct vision. There’s user error possibility anywhere there’s a user, though. Facepaint is for girls and wannabe girls. wink

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 03/26/24.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.