Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have been shooting Contenders since the late 80's and have shot most calibers standard and wildcat. I have tried all kinds of barrel, frame, and scope combinations. After 40 plus years I have decided on what I think are the perfect combinations (For ME LOL). When I say Finished, I mean NO MORE anything just Shoot and enjoy. Can't wait to sight scope in.

List of features:

Weight 6 LBS 11 OZ

TCA Matte Flatside easy open frame made in 1999 (#7 of only 36 made. #8 is on my 20 Vartarg). With new hammer spring and trigger job by me. Light & smooth as silk (just like I like them).
OTT matte 16 Inch full bull barrel chambered in 219 Donalson Wasp.
Georgia Jim laminate grip set featuring Jimbo grip and wide flat target forend mounted with Bullberry hanger bar.
Scope is a Leupold VX-III 8.5-25x50mm LR 30mm tube with side focus and fine duplex reticle. It sits on a BullBerry weaver style base and in Burris signature rings and is capped with Leupold Alumina covers.

May not be Perfect for you but it is VERY close to perfect for me.

3 Finished Flatsides in Bottom Picture are 20 Vartarg 6mm BB IMP & 219 Wasp

Thanks for reading and Safe shooting.
Doug
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by tred1956; 02/10/24.

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something Better
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I prefer the BFs or XLs. The XL by RPM is out of production and RPM itself as a company is gone. E. Arthur Brown still makes the BF. The MOA guns are also quite nice, but understand that Richard Mertz sold the Co, but they have to my knowledge, not gotten back into production of the MOA handgun or 10/22 SS un-designated frames. Un-designated as not rifle or handgun.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Outstanding, Tred! Hope you enjoy it greatly.

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is a handsome Contender, Doug! I like the wood.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Rapier
I prefer the BFs or XLs. The XL by RPM is out of production and RPM itself as a company is gone. E. Arthur Brown still makes the BF. The MOA guns are also quite nice, but understand that Richard Mertz sold the Co, but they have to my knowledge, not gotten back into production of the MOA handgun or 10/22 SS un-designated frames. Un-designated as not rifle or handgun.

EABCO quit making the BF pistol and rifle a little while ago

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

323 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 34 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,336
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.