-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
These two are going on 'The Rack' this week for static testing. If all looks good there, they'll go on one of my BR rigs for confirmation.

The Sightron is a NIB unit slated for one of my 30BR's. The VX-5HD is an unknown quantity at this point.

Good shootin' smile -Al
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be curious to see how they shake out

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Al, please do follow up on these 2 scopes, especially the VX5, that scope checks a lot of boxes……..

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Al, please do follow up on these 2 scopes, especially the VX5, that scope checks a lot of boxes……..

+2 ... SIL has same scope and is very pleased with it...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking forward to your findings.

I recently re-tested my Mark 6 3-18x that has been repaired multiple times by Leupold. When it works, I love it. When it wasn't working, I hated it. I was trying to figure out if my 6.5 PRC barrel gave up the ghost or if it was the Mark 6. Much to my surprise, the Mark 6 is tracking and holding zero at this time.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Al,

Will appreciate it if you share your findings.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Sightron tested dead on....no easy thing with 1/10" adjustments. It showed a pretty big 'sweet spot' of parallax adjustment (indicative of excellent lens alignment).

The VX-5HD was pretty decent and tested within the limits of the 1/4" adjustments. There was no apparent reticle wander with power changes. The parallax adjustment is fussy....possibly just this individual scope. In a hunting situation, you probably wouldn't notice it.

Of course, the proof is in the shooting. But if they fail on the tester, there's zero sense going any further than that.

A collimator is also an excellent way to check scopes...in some ways it's easier than how I do them.

For what it's worth....

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for that, Al. Appreciate you sharing your findings.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The Sightron tested dead on....no easy thing with 1/10" adjustments. It showed a pretty big 'sweet spot' of parallax adjustment (indicative of excellent lens alignment).

The VX-5HD was pretty decent and tested within the limits of the 1/4" adjustments. There was no apparent reticle wander with power changes. The parallax adjustment is fussy....likely just this individual scope. In a hunting situation, you probably wouldn't notice it.

Of course, the proof is in the shooting. But if they fail on the tester, there's zero sense going any further than that.

A collimator is also an excellent way to check scopes...in some ways it's easier than how I do them.

For what it's worth....

These guys are pretty interesting...

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

The VX-5HD was pretty decent and tested within the limits of the 1/4" adjustments. There was no apparent reticle wander with power changes. The parallax adjustment is fussy....possibly just this individual scope. In a hunting situation, you probably wouldn't notice it.

For what it's worth....

Al,

Thanks for providing your feedback on these scopes, as well as all of your other insight and experience that you share. Much appreciated.

Bob

Last edited by Akbob5; 02/17/24.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the follow up Al.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257Bob

The VX-5HD was pretty decent and tested within the limits of the 1/4" adjustments. There was no apparent reticle wander with power changes. The parallax adjustment is fussy....likely just this individual scope. In a hunting situation, you probably wouldn't notice it.

For what it's worth....

These guys are pretty interesting...

Interesting video. James seems very knowledgeable, and I was buying everything he was selling right up to the point I saw Keith Warren. whistle

WWP53D

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.