-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Im sorry, maybe I missed it in a previous post, but what are his interest? Does he have any kind of technical proficiency that you can see? Keep in mind that we were all dumb asses when we were that age and made mistakes. But, at the same time we were also just as smart as we are now, if not smarter. I used to learn and pick up on things a lot quicker when I was that age and they imprinted on me more than things that I learn now.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Needs a good woman to straighten him out... read between the lines..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I would give anything... everything...

For one more hour... for my son to find his hopes and dreams.

EVERYTHING...
Cash, could you please explain your situation more? I promise I’ll be at my best behavior!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by GeoW
Needs a good woman to straighten him out... read between the lines..
You bet! Can be a real motivator.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Alan_C

EVERYTHING...
Cash, could you please explain your situation more? I promise I’ll be at my best behavior!

Sure...

I lost a son... that had lost his hopes and dreams...

I would give EVERYTHING...

For only one more hour...to tell him... that he WAS my hopes and dreams.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My dad gave me one month after high school graduation to find a job, get an apartment and get the hell out. If I didn't do that, I had to start paying rent, provide my own food and still live under his rules, no girls allowed in my room, 10:00 pm curfew, no alcohol on the premises etc. etc.. I got a full time job and got the hell out.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

EVERYTHING...

Sure...

Cash, very sorry to hear this. When my brother and I moved out at 18 and 19, he was heading down a very dark path. He joined the army and they saved his life. Those are tough years for kids finding their way. Easier for some. Your a good man Cash!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

EVERYTHING...

Sure...

I didn't know this cash. You have my most sincere condolences.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Went to Navy bootcamp at 18 years and 2 months old.

Got out after 4 years, went home. Asked my mom and dad if I could stay there until I started college in the fall, they said absolutely. They always supported my decisions as long as I had a solid plan. I tried to pay them, they wouldn't take a dime. During the school year, I would live at college in apartments, summers I lived back at home. I was always working all summer, didn't just sit on my ass and sponge off mom and dad. I think my dad was happy to have his fishin buddy home for 3 months a year to be honest.

Graduated college and they let me stay a few months while I found a big boy job.

They never would take anything.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Blackheart

EVERYTHING...

Sure...

I didn't know this cash. You have my most sincere condolences.

Thanks brother... The pain I impart on many... is only a byproduct of the pain and hatred I hold for brokedicks that kill SO MANY others.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks brother... The pain I impart on many... is only a byproduct of the pain and hatred I hold for brokedicks that kill SO MANY others.

It may heal me...

It may not...

That is not so important in the end.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Sycamore
talk to your 24 year old, not the 24 hr Campfire......

just that.

Good advice. You could always resort to parenting. Does the young fellow have a father that can teach him how to be a man?

How to handle this particular situation depends on a bunch of factors; none of which we know.

Does anyone really think he hasnt talked to the boy until he's blue in tbe face?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

EVERYTHING...

Sure...

Dayom. I'm very sorry to hear of that, Cash. Prayers sent that you and he will some fine day be together again in a better place.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RMiller2
So I have a 24 yo in the basement. Any suggestions on inspiring the lad to move on?

"Hey, you don't live here anymore. GTFO. Here is a box for your shit. Get moving."

Something like that...this is not rocket surgery.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
No he does not have a job. He spent three years at job corps learning welding. He got a job at a welding outfit here but he quit first day when they handed him a broom. I told him the first 30 days they just want to see if he will show up.

Why is he still here? Because we let him.

Before we got him he lived with his grandmother. No one moved out there.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think this is going to be a big societal problem going forward with the cost of housing, groceries, cars and just everything in general. Going to be tougher than ever for kids to launch...

But just being a deadbeat bustout, not working, not contributing financially to the household and playing video games won't cut it..Having no direction or goals is not good.

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 02/10/24.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Down in my neck of the woods welders make very very very good money. He needs to be a little humble when starting a new job, you are correct about what you said to him. I'm oilfield, and we do the same thing with new guys. I don't know y'all and I don't fully understand the situation or what happened that day at his work place. That being said, it would help if he lowered his arrogance and pride a couple of notches. No matter the training, in that trade everyone has to start at the bottom. If he's competent and wants to work, and working for decent people they will groom him and build him up. He's advantage is his age, he has his whole life ahead of him. A good man once told me that the world will step aside for a young man that knows where he is going.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
No he does not have a job. He spent three years at job corps learning welding. He got a job at a welding outfit here but he quit first day when they handed him a broom. I told him the first 30 days they just want to see if he will show up.

Sounds like you know what the problem is.

And if you know what the problem is, you know what the solution is.

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/NWOLAzJNkQA

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

you are on the path of getting a divorce....here is why. not your kid, your kids are doing fine, the more he mooches off of you the more resentful you are going to get. it will build up to the point that you and your wife will fight over it all the time...if you are not already...

are you the type of guy that lets everyone walk all over you? if not , this is a losing situation. I know you got a new job you might want to get a second one. as this "kid" gets older he will start costing more and more and he sure as f uck aint going to work.

so you have a choice, stay married and be pissed off or tell her to lay down the law RIGHT NOW and move his ass out and dont let him back in. ...or live whatever life you have left ......nothing worse than a lazy dumbass....bob

R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
My wife and I are on the same page.

Last week I told him that he needs to be trying hard to find work and get his own place by summer. I think I need to pick a specific date like May 31st.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 160user, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 15,401 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,151
Posts18,542,707
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.