Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Muffin Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
This morning on the way to church, rolling country road through one of the largest Wildlife Preserves in the State...

Crest a little hill and in the oncoming lane a cyclist... dressed in dark shorts and a grass green top!

I guess actual camo was not available, but he did a damn good job.

The thought process of playing in traffic and hiding at the same time eludes me.....

That color pattern might work in the northern climes, this time of year. BUT, this is Florida!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where did you find a hill to crest in Florida?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You never been to Floriduh have ya? Lot of hill country down here. Elevation changes near 100’ from front to rear lot line at my place. 100’+ trees all over the place. There’s a waterfall about 20 miles north of my place.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hill country?

I like me some Florida but it’s gotta be about the flattest state in the union. Makes Kansas look like a mountain paradise!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I totally agree that SOME of these cyclists are nuts. The roads are so bad around where I am in Louisiana that we really don't see too many of them. But there are PLENTY of videos on the tube of them acting like total fools.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Pizzes me off to no end when they ride the state highways around here. I dunno why they don’t just ride down the the middle of the interstate…….

I mean I don’t walk down the middle of the road, what’s the difference?

Ought to be illegal.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Ozarker
Pizzes me off to no end when they ride the state highways around here. I dunno why they don’t just ride down the the middle of the interstate…….

I mean I don’t walk down the middle of the road, what’s the difference?

Ought to be illegal.
apparently people from other parts of the country thinks it's no problem cuz they know how the roads are everywhere. from your title I'm assuming I'm pretty close to you. make a living with big heavy and wide large farm equipment and also big heavy wide large load industrial equipment. these people are so freaking ignorant rather bicycles around I'm a damn highway. told Paul Bernard will be around before long will tell people how they have the right. he's correct they have the right to die and very violent squished death..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Hill country?

I like me some Florida but it’s gotta be about the flattest state in the union. Makes Kansas look like a mountain paradise!

I got a nosebleed on an overpass in central Florida. It was so high, I could see over the car in front of me…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
D all of the above

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Muffin

The thought process of playing in traffic and hiding at the same time eludes me.....

Lol, He's figuring "If they cain't see me they cain't aim fer me".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Where did you find a hill to crest in Florida?
There are lots of hills in Florida.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Bike riders seem to have a sense of entitlement and are shocked when they get hit by vehicles. There are a lot of distracted driver.

NRA Endowment Member
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This morning on the way to church, rolling country road through one of the largest Wildlife Preserves in the State...

Crest a little hill and in the oncoming lane a cyclist... dressed in dark shorts and a grass green top!

That color pattern might work in the northern climes, this time of year. BUT, this is Florida!!!
I can do one better, yesterday I saw a blind man walking down a fairly busy street. Not on the sidewalk, on the street! White cane and all, he kept tapping it on the curb so he was sure to stay as close to the edge, but man, ballsy or not so bright, I don’t know.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asheepdog
Bike riders seem to have a sense of entitlement and are shocked when they get hit by vehicles. There are a lot of distracted driver.
Bicyclists are legally entitled to use the roads. Motorists believe they are entitled to use the roads unencumbered by other road users. They don’t believe the law of gross tonnage applies to them and are shocked when they get hit. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roads are for transportation, not recreation.

Most cyclists are either in Urban areas or suburbia. I live on the edge of suburbia where horse farms are mixed with subdivisions. Traffic increases every year as farms are sold and houses built.

Local bike shop had this *great* idea to start a ride from downtown in our town and ride out and around for 20 miles every Tuesday. The geniuses started at 5p! Rush hour am/pm sees thousands of vehicles commuting home, taking kids to sports etc and the roads are busy. The bikers would have a peloton string of 50+ riders clogging up the curvy roads and you couldn’t pass. They’d max out 30 mph downhill and 10 or less uphill. It caused a [bleep] every week. Local authorities had to convince them this was a poor idea and it stopped.

That and about once a year a cyclist gets snorted by a vehicle on a blind curve.

In the city, the metrosexual (or the “I got a dui and lost my license”) crowd bikes to work. Sure, they are entitled to the road, but there are no bike lanes on Peachtree St, Or Piedmont, or S. Cobb drive but there are 6-8 lanes of vehicles and plenty of hills. Bikers doing 10pm up hills then trying to keep it together on a mile long steep downhill is ridiculous.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This morning on the way to church, rolling country road through one of the largest Wildlife Preserves in the State...blah, blah, blah

Does this mean there will be no unity in America?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I just would like to see a cyclist follow the traffic signs on occasion. They like the road but are not encumbered by following those for some reason.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Hill country?

I got a nosebleed on an overpass in central Florida. It was so high, I could see over the car in front of me…
LMAO....
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Bicyclists are legally entitled to use the roads.
Yep - but do they pay 'road taxes' like other vehicles? If not, then they damn well SHOULD...along with buying license plates in all states..

I'll give 'em one thing though - when I'm in the CLAAS 970 with an 8-row stripper head on, they MOVE OVER... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
The pedalists have cute headgear and wannabe racing uniforms

Buttholes

GOA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by asheepdog
Bicyclists are legally entitled to use the roads. Motorists believe they are entitled to use the roads unencumbered by other road users. They don’t believe the law of gross tonnage applies to them and are shocked when they get hit. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Wife and I both rode. I know there is a legal thing. But we saw so much stupidity.
Its dumb enough that motorcycles which are really hard to see, and fast and lots of times stupid drivers are on the same road as larger vehicles. Much less why bikes can get on a road or would want to. At least on the big roads.

We never road anywhere but small rural roads with shoulders. We drove the bikes to the area with shoulders to ride.

There is a local dumbass architect. He rides his bike after 5 and especially on Fridays. On a rural road with hills and no shoulders. I asked him why. He said it gets him to where we rode. I told him we drove to where he road....

Quite often the stupidity and arrogance of those on bicycles is beyond the realm of sanity.

Now vehicles pay road taxes and often roads are enlarged to put a bike lane there on top of it all. And I've got to yield to them any time they poke around in that lane. Thankfully we dont' live anywhere near these lanes. Alaska puts these lanes totally separate on the other side of the borrow ditch.

This reminds me of kayaks. They wanted boats and airboats banned in areas where we could come around a blind corner on step and they would be sitting in the middle of the navigable channel and almost get hit. Yup. Kayaks. Small and no tags or taxes paid. And they got pissed when we suggested they should have flags up high so other boaters could see them. Got more pissed when we said they need to pay too.

Love riding bicycles. Love respecting things bigger and faster than we are. Heck the fact that pedestrians often have the ROW bothers me. as a pedestrian even in a parking lot I'd rather you go on by and I can go across behind you. But no. Dumb laws jam up parking lots and the like. Even timing on crosswalks can screw up traffic.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,173
Posts18,484,607
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.