Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Fuqkin ppl all the time call me about some stupid schit problem they got then tell me to text only wtf🤷‍♂️

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My favorite thing.....

I use the app and do inside pick up

It ask for a tip starting at 20%

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We live far enough out of town that we can’t get any food delivery, so when I travel it’s a treat to get a pizza delivered to my hotel room.

I use Door Dash, it’s actually kind of fun.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Tough stuff.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I hate phones of all kinds.

I love the looks I get when somebody says, "We'll text you" and I tell them I don't use a cell phone. It riles me when I try to do something online and the ONLY way I can log in is via some code that they want to text to me. How do they assume that every person in this country has a cell phone and uses it for everything?

Because its 2024

If I said hey meet me at the gunshop at 1pm Im gonna assume that you arent gonna drive your horse n buggy and need an extra 4 hours

Times change

Technology changes

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Know what I hate? The arsehat in front of me, usually two women, who sits there and hmms and hhaws at the menu for five minutes. You know, that menu that hasn’t really changed in 50 years! Order your breakfast and get your arse moving.

This. Anybody at a fast food counter who has to have a "conversation" with the counter person like they're discussing the menu choices with the server at a five star restaurant. They have the menu posted over the counter, in big letters. Read it and make up your mind while you're in the line, dumass.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Ya fuqk the kiosk while we’re at it 😃👍

NOOOOO!

Thats how I make sure my order is right lol
How does the kiosk make sure the order is right?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have had a smart phone for a few months.
Reluctantly, due to awork thing.

I love it.
Stream stuff to noise canceling headphones at work.
Playing air traffic controller between 3 parties along side the road.
Stuff unimaginable 25 years ago.

Still walk in places and buy my crap, with Green Dollars.
It's easy here, Bassackward Redneckville. It only takes a 75 mile drive and it's another
world. Gotta prepay for gas, cash gets funny looks......
It's coming here. The kids and wannabe kids trying to stay cool can't
wait to show off their phone dependency

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if the app makes it easier and/or cheaper I'm all for it.

I don't do a lot of apps - Sonic has half priced drinks in the app and it remembers your order from the last time so I just click on it, pay for it using Apple Pay by pressing a single button and its waiting on me in the 5 minutes I get there.

Jerseys Mikes makes it easy and while I don't eat there all that often, seems like every 5 or 6 trips I"ve earned a free sandwich from using the app.

Five Guys sucks because they make you put in a credit card number every time you order - or at least they did, and our local Chipotle is so short staffed they turn off the app during peak hours so you can't order. So never use those.

I get not wanting to use an app, and you should be able to order easily without it, but for of you that do have a smart phone, using the app has some advantages.

Mickeys D's always ask me, but for whatever reason I never think to use their app. I'm only ordering 2 mcmuffins when I go there and its on the way to work so an app isn't on my mind.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/11/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
It ain't just confused old men, I'm 46 and have no idea about this restaurant app.

I do however know how to enter the phone number when checking out at the grocery store.

It's your charge account.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
One of these days some of you bastards may live to get old.....if you're lucky!
Best post of the day.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Fast food and apps....yall living in the fast lane .

I will never admire that ....or be jealous.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I hate phones of all kinds.

I love the looks I get when somebody says, "We'll text you" and I tell them I don't use a cell phone. It riles me when I try to do something online and the ONLY way I can log in is via some code that they want to text to me. How do they assume that every person in this country has a cell phone and uses it for everything?

Because its 2024

If I said hey meet me at the gunshop at 1pm Im gonna assume that you arent gonna drive your horse n buggy and need an extra 4 hours

Times change

Technology changes

I've made arrangements many times to meet someone somewhere at a certain time and manage without a cell phone. Just tell me where and when and I can take care of getting myself there on time. The problem usually is I'm on time or a bit early and have to wait on them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
if the app makes it easier and/or cheaper I'm all for it.

I don't do a lot of apps - Sonic has half priced drinks in the app and it remembers your order from the last time so I just click on it, pay for it using Apple Pay by pressing a single button and its waiting on me in the 5 minutes I get there.

Jerseys Mikes makes it easy and while I don't eat there all that often, seems like every 5 or 6 trips I"ve earned a free sandwich from using the app.

Five Guys sucks because they make you put in a credit card number every time you order - or at least they did, and our local Chipotle is so short staffed they turn off the app during peak hours so you can't order. So never use those.

I get not wanting to use an app, and you should be able to order easily without it, but for of you that do have a smart phone, using the app has some advantages.

Mickeys D's always ask me, but for whatever reason I never think to use their app. I'm only ordering 2 mcmuffins when I go there and its on the way to work so an app isn't on my mind.

Who the Fugg eats at Chipotle’s??? 🤮

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
We have a Sonics and a McDs but many of these places I would have to go to a big town to eat there and I am not aware of where they would be. I have never eaten at the Sonic here and the McDs 1 time about 15 years ago. If I am in town I cook something to eat at home. When my wife was working she had to call too many of the fast food workers to come get their kids at school for head lice for me to be hungry enough to eat there. No cell phone app needed to figure that out.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If saving money is what the app is about how about eat at home for max savings?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Who the Fugg eats at Chipotle’s??? 🤮

there are 3300 of them so apparently someone is

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My folks always taught us that if "everybody" else is jumping off a cliff.........................we still don't have to.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 1minute
We live in the sticks, so fortunately this is not an everyday occurrence. Occasional trips to Metropolis, however, find us treated like second class citizens if we don't toe the line. I do own a cell phone but am not one that keeps it perpetually glued to his left hand. Actually, it's turned off 99.9% of the time and lives atop the microwave.

Dinning out now, even in some fine establishments, appears to be forcing one into the "app" world, and I'm resisting. Three issues: 1. Specialized orders like rare, medium, well-done, with/without some condiment. 2. Serving up one's personal data, home address, and financial institutions (i.e. credit/debit cards #'s, phone #'s, and e-mail accounts). I damned sure don't want daily e-mails from Benihana, Burger King, Big Boy, or anyone else on the specialty or deal of the hour, and 3. the requirement to pack around a $100/month implement just to interact in this world. Are we expected to die if our battery crashes?

I recently hit up a Dominos in Boise, and the clerk/cashier (an English-speaking white, Angelo Saxon Protestant believe it not) essentially replied with nothing but a blank stare when I asked for a Medium Deluxe from their menu while handing over the proper dollars and cents. Damned near like I had leprosy or something. A manager had to come over to save the day. I realize with rising wages etc, businesses are attempting to streamline and eliminate positions, but don't see it fitting in with service industries.

Anyone else resisting?

Yeah, we stayed at a joint in Melbourne that used an app for ordering and paying for meals in the restaurant...the app also had a nice convenient section that allowed one to add an extra percentage as a tip for non existent service.

I told them to get fucked.

And we won't be staying there again.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,584
Posts18,492,106
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.