Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
......and therefore must ramp up arms production quickly, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said.

“NATO is not looking for war with Russia. But we have to prepare ourselves for a confrontation that could last decades,” Stoltenberg warned this weekend in an interview with Germany’s Welt am Sonntag newspaper.

Thus, the NATO chief called for Western nations to increase production of weapons and ammunition, claiming that this is the only way in which Europe’s safety can be guaranteed and for Ukraine, which is not a member of the alliance, to continue its war with Russia. European market economies need to ink more deals with defence contractors, Stoltenberg proclaimed while urging that “they need to be signed faster”.

“The economy and industrial strength of the West far dwarfs that of Russia. So we have the means to surpass Russia in both production and investment,” the former Norwegian prime minister said, explaining that if the current opportunity is missed, Russia would benefit and Europe’s security would be at risk.

The best defence for Europe then, he argued, is to invest in the militaries of Ukrainian and NATO members, saying: “Deterrence only works if it is credible. As long as we invest in our own security and remain united, we will continue to deter any form of aggression.”

Breitbart

This man has just redefined the term "Forever Wars". Fire-up the MIC full blast. It's obvious no leaders in the West are interested in peace. There is no profit in peace for these people.

Truth of the matter is they want to smash Russia's oil production. Necessary to turn the world "green".

Trump is the only leader who can fix this.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
. Trump is the only leader who can fix this.

They sound as of they know Trump will not be elected President

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102

Wanna bet?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I was listening on Breitbart and they were saying the US and Greece are the only two Nato countries that have met their financial requirements of 2% of GDP since 2014. US is average around 3.6, way more than required. Yet countries like Germany who is one of the richest countries over there has fallen behind and military is a 1/3 of what it was since the cold war. They simply know the US will pay the difference.

Last edited by killerv; 02/12/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Wanna bet?
On what?

What they know, or if Trump will become President?

Last edited by steve4102; 02/12/24.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The latter. The former is bullshit. Russia couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The latter. The former is bullshit. Russia couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag..
Huh, I never said anything about Russia’s Military capabilities.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killerv
I was listening on Breitbart and they were saying the US and Greece are the only two Nato countries that have met their financial requirements of 2% of GDP since 2014. US is average around 3.6, way more than required. Yet countries like Germany who is one of the richest countries over there has fallen behind and military is a 1/3 of what it was since the cold war. They simply know the US will pay the difference.
One of the many reasons to give nato the finger and pull out. Let them fuggers deal with their own messes

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thought - the 2% GDP, should that metric still be used? I mean - the easiest way for NATO countries to meet it is to buy US weapons at a fat price. Should the metric change to "You need to make an entire Corps available"?

US adding 2% is quite a bit more than Greece adding 2% to the pot but a Corps or 2 etc - that's even.

Me

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Wanna bet?
On what?

What they know, or if Trump will become President?

They are only hoping.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by killerv

Im.so glad to hear our government is spending so much more of our money on Black Rock and Wall Streets Military/Industrial Complex.

I'm sure Larry Fink, the Rockefellers, the Rothschilds and Soros are very appreciative.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/12/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by SupFoo
......and therefore must ramp up arms production quickly, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said.

“NATO is not looking for war with Russia. But we have to prepare ourselves for a confrontation that could last decades,” Stoltenberg warned this weekend in an interview with Germany’s Welt am Sonntag newspaper.

Thus, the NATO chief called for Western nations to increase production of weapons and ammunition, claiming that this is the only way in which Europe’s safety can be guaranteed and for Ukraine, which is not a member of the alliance, to continue its war with Russia. European market economies need to ink more deals with defence contractors, Stoltenberg proclaimed while urging that “they need to be signed faster”.

“The economy and industrial strength of the West far dwarfs that of Russia. So we have the means to surpass Russia in both production and investment,” the former Norwegian prime minister said, explaining that if the current opportunity is missed, Russia would benefit and Europe’s security would be at risk.

The best defence for Europe then, he argued, is to invest in the militaries of Ukrainian and NATO members, saying: “Deterrence only works if it is credible. As long as we invest in our own security and remain united, we will continue to deter any form of aggression.”

Breitbart

This man has just redefined the term "Forever Wars". Fire-up the MIC full blast. It's obvious no leaders in the West are interested in peace. There is no profit in peace for these people.

Truth of the matter is they want to smash Russia's oil production. Necessary to turn the world "green".

Decades?

Not at this tempo.

Decades where it looks something like the Korean DMZ minus the US boots, sure that could happen.

But he's correct about Europe needing to up their game. The most stuff you have the someone else might want, the more you need to spend on defense. On a historical basis, 2% is not enough.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Breitbart

Ah What’s Up Doc .

Seems to Me we’ve been at War with Russia for Decades already..

Just cuz Hilarious brought our Attention to Russia doesn’t change our ongoing History of Struggle..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Huh, I never said anything about Russia’s Military capabilities.

I was referencing the article. My bet to you is whether Trump will be re-elected. I say yes..

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by akrange

Breitbart

Ah What’s Up Doc .

Seems to Me we’ve been at War with Russia for Decades already..

Just cuz Hilarious brought our Attention to Russia doesn’t change our ongoing History of Struggle..

Since September 3rd, 1945.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm not sure whether Zelensky will survive the next two months much less several decades. As for the war; It's over.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm sure Jens will do everything in his power to extend conflict for as long as possible.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oceania and Eurasia must remain in perpetual conflict.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Translation to American middle class: start writing bigger tax checks to the US/UN government.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BS. A NATO war with Russia will last a few minutes.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Thats just the kind of war our government likes. Long and expensive. And even better if it makes for a distraction for more pressing issues. We’ve been blowing up the Middle East off and on since 1991 and spent 2 decades in Afghanistan with nothing to show for it except a bunch of contractors got rich and a lot of people got killed. And a lot of people are now coming here as refugees. Last time we won a war was against Japan.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Maybe we can help build a new version of the Berlin Wall?

Dam that Republican President for tearing down the old one!

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Change Washington. Throw the Bums out.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The USA simply cannot afford continual expenditures for a never-ending cold war.

Interest payments alone to service the national debt will soon be a trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000) annually.

Guns and butter. How was our return on investment in Afghanistan?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AKislander
The USA simply cannot afford continual expenditures for a never-ending cold war.

Interest payments alone to service the national debt will soon be a trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000) annually.

Guns and butter. How was our return on investment in Afghanistan?

LOL, they don't give two schits about the debt, or the deficit.

They are working to destroy this entire country, so we join the NWO Globalist Utopia and wipe out all Government debt.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I thought Nato was formed decades to oppose Russia as an alliance. Isn't that the whole point of Nato?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO

It was formed before the Cold War, about 3-1/2 years after the end of WW2.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No Russia bogeyman, no NATO, no NATO Jobs for the bureaucrats

Who cares how many Ukrainians it takes.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,818
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.