Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Another week, another scandal for this Trudeau government. Watching yet another scandal, most of the entertainment is watching it get explained away, who is under the bus this week?
Larry Brock is a good guy.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Twice I got quarantined because the damn app didn’t work even though I got the jab and had the certs. Over 60 million for an app that doesn’t work well.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Total rip off. The Trudeau government has had so many scandals people are becoming numb to them.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
National Post article

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...-auditor-general-can-only-guess-the-cost

The shutting down of the committee reviewing this by the Liberals, NDP and Bloc is troubling. At what point does the truth come out? SNC, Mark Norman, WE Charity, Election Interference, COVID PPE procurment, ArriveScam --- all the same

Another article on this slamming the government

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/ne...ral-contempt-for-tax-dollars/ar-BB1ibbYa

Last edited by HughW; 02/12/24. Reason: add another article

Hugh
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
So the first people publically noted in the press as being punished on the ArriveScam fiasco are the whistleblowers --- suspended leave without pay. What a screwed up government.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/poli...e-of-government-incompetence/ar-BB1ieGRd

Hugh
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good afternoon my friend, I hope that despite the various revelations we're seeing daily that you and your family are well.

If you've not seen this, take a few minutes, but I'll warn you or anyone, it's not good news.

It would appear that $60M is chump change...

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Remember Air head TRUDUM said he did not worry about our money.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne, thanks for the video's, on the first one, I really don't know what to say other than we are victims lol, the second one.....I saw that as I watch question period every evening, I am hoping that we dont see a video of Pete similar to the first one in a few years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning sir, I hope you all have the fire lit and coffee on up there, it's breezy and a little chilly here, but about "average" for the time of year.

For sure the first one showed me that we're the victims.

While I have and had at the time a lot of respect for what Harper did for us, he wasn't perfect by any measure.

I suspect that the "managerial class" is deeply, deeply embedded in Ottawa, likely even more in Quebec City and Montreal too from what I can glean, and their hold on power is going to be tough to root out.

It all makes sense that they want to keep the resource rich west in a state of turmoil with environmental and trade "regulations" in order to keep the balance of power tilted in their favor.

For sure from your lips to God's ears on the hope we don't see something like this from Pierre in a few years.

Having known a few people who have gone to Ottawa and were if not fundamentally changed, at very least noticeably compromised by it, it's not nothing to be concerned about.

We'll continue to work towards fixing it as always, I mean what choice is there right?

We were given a functioning country by our parents and it's our responsibility and duty to do the same for our kids and grandkids.

All the best.

Dwayne

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This thread ties in nicely with Wabi's war thread, think about it lol.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This will be Trudeau's "Sponsorship Scandal". AKA Adscam

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It appears that one condition of governance should be the VerITaaq gets not one more penny of taxpayer's money. Sadly, this is truly just the tip of the iceberg. Government waste is so deeply rooted, it will take a lot of digging to get it out. GD

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
nteresting article with whistleblower statements that not all the information was presented to the AG. From this read it will take a lot of work to unravel the overall process that led to the $60M --- incompetence, coverup or both The truth may never come out on this one.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...-unfairly-blamed-silenced-over-arrivecan

Hugh
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Today's article on the ArriveCan Scam ---- there has to be something very smelly with this for the Liberals and NDP to be pulling so many blocking moves. Good on Kelly McCauley for pushing this forward in all manners possible.

MP works overtime to expose truth of ArriveCan scandal
Edmonton Sun28 Feb 2024LORNE GUNTER lgunterpostmedia.com @sunlornegunter

Thank God Edmonton West Conservative MP Kelly McCauley knows a thing or two about parliamentary rules.

His knowledge (and some quick thinking) may yet help Canadians get to the bottom of the ArriveCan scandal.

For months now, the Liberals and their toadies in the New Democratic Party have been using procedural trickery to shut down committee investigations into how development of the ArriveCan app during the pandemic resulted in obscene cost overruns.

The simple smartphone app should have cost between $80,000 and $200,000 but ended up costing taxpayers closer to $60 million.

How did that happen and who benefited? While no one has been charged with any criminal wrongdoing, it is hard to fathom how any project, even one from a federal government as notoriously wasteful as the current one, could go off the rails that much with someone pocketing a little loose change.

Since last fall, the Liberals have been doing their level best to keep a lid on this scandal.

Last October, Calgary Midnapore Conservative MP Stephanie Kusie insisted there was credible evidence that “identity theft, forged resumés, contractual theft, fraudulent billing, price-fixing and collusion” were rampant within the ArriveCan project. Yet she accused the Liberals of using their control of parliamentary committees to keep opposition MPs from hearing testimony by whistleblowers and by the senior civil servants in charge.

Early this year, the Liberals tried to vote down an investigation by the federal auditor general.

When that attempt failed, just before the auditor general released her scathing report earlier this month, the Liberals (with their buddies in the NDP and Bloc Quebecois) voted to shut down a committee investigation into the scandal.

Their excuse? A “scary” report from Canada Border Services Agency investigator, Michel Lafleur.

The three parties voting to obstruct the committee’s work lamely explained they didn’t want parliamentary hearings to jeopardize possible criminal investigations by the RCMP, which Liberal MP Charles Sousa later admitted “may or may not be” occurring.

That’s how not committed the Liberals are to finding the truth.

The RCMP may or may not be looking at criminal charges for some people involved in ArriveCan, but just in case they are, the Liberals think it’s best to shut down parliamentary investigations.

Since the auditor’s report, the Liberals have filibustered committee attempts to call the two principles of GS Strategies to testify.

GS Strategies is the two-person IT firm that was the main contractor for the ArriveCan app.

Which brings us all the way back to McCauley.

McCauley knew the government operations committee had filed a report that called on the House to issue an order compelling GS Strategies partners, Kristian Firth and Darren Anthony, to appear before the committee. Since such orders have the same force as court orders, Firth and Anthony would have to appear or be taken into custody.

Late on Monday afternoon, McCauley seized on the fact the chamber was half empty to call on the House to adopt the committee report.

Members did so unanimously, which also meant they invoked the order for the GS Strategies pair to appear within 21 days or be detained by the Sergeant-at-Arms.

The Liberals may still find a way around McCauley’s manoeuvre.

The order says that, if after 21 days the two have not surrendered themselves, “if the chair of the committee informs the Speaker and Sergeantat-Arms in writing,” the Sergeant-atArms shall take the pair into custody.

McCauley is the committee chair, so he can be counted on. But the Speaker is the overtly Liberal MP Greg Fergus.

Speakers have tremendous power over Commons business and it is not inconceivable that Fergus will attempt to protect the government by quashing McCauley’s order.

For the sake of getting at the truth, let’s hope McCauley prevails.

Article Name:MP works overtime to expose truth of ArriveCan scandal
Publication:Edmonton Sun
Author:LORNE GUNTER lgunterpostmedia.com @sunlornegunter
Start Page:5
End Page:5

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Top of the morning, I hope the fire is lit and the coffee is on at your place and you're all warm, well and dry.

This is like that gift that keeps on giving really...

Looks like this onion is rotten in the middle and is a much larger onion than we thought.

Have a good one.

Dwayne

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for that.
I guess the good news is there is an RCMP investigation......shameful.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,676
Posts18,474,855
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.