Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by RMiller2
My wife and I are on the same page.

Last week I told him that he needs to be trying hard to find work and get his own place by summer. I think I need to pick a specific date like May 31st.

its good you guys are on the same page.....may 31st? he wont get a job till the last minute.....good luck...bob

I didn't want to include any recommendations, because of the scale of this problem and its future implications, but I decided YOU, YOUR WIFE, AND YOUR CUMULATIVE SANITY are more important.

I suggest you set daily "achievements" goals ON PAPER to track his job quest. Much like the state employment agencies do. Put it on the frig, kitchen table, wherever the common household meeting place is. Tell him it must be updated every day with job search info. Names of contact people, company names, addresses, phone numbers.

MUST UPDATE EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! MINIMUM 3 INTERVIEWS PER DAY!!

He will get a job.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I have a 24 yo in the basement. Any suggestions on inspiring the lad to move on?

Flame on, I agree that I deserve it on this one.

I moved “home” immediate upon graduation from dental school. Dad said “You’ve got 3 months. Be gone after.”

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
So I have a 24 yo in the basement. Any suggestions on inspiring the lad to move on?

EVERY man (or woman) has HOPES and DREAMS...

Discovered... or yet to be discovered...

The modern world is infinity confusing (Trust me on that)...

Ask the nature of their HOPES and DREAMS...

Expect it to take weeks... or months for an answer.

Offer ANYTHING... for their HOPES and DREAMS...

ANYTHING...

very compassionate response. and heartfelt.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by CashisKing

EVERY man (or woman) has HOPES and DREAMS...

Discovered... or yet to be discovered...

The modern world is infinity confusing (Trust me on that)...

Ask the nature of their HOPES and DREAMS...

Expect it to take weeks... or months for an answer.

Offer ANYTHING... for their HOPES and DREAMS...

ANYTHING...

very compassionate response. and heartfelt.

It is. However, you can discover your hopes and dreams while pushing a broom. Trust me on that one……. One of my dreams was to not have to push a broom for a living all my life…..

Sic Semper Tyrannis
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Putting up square bales has probably convinced more young men to pursue and education instead of farming than all the lectures mothers and fathers have ever given. God made teen agers the way they are so you are not all that sad when they decide to leave home. If they are not ready to leave home by their late teens you have not done your job.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The rest of the story...

I told above the sad story of my high school buddy Charlie, who spent his entire life in Mommie's basement, until he passed away in that house in 2020 at age 70.

The rest of the story is, Charlie's Dad was a retired IBM exec, that's how he had paid for the $520K, 4 br house that Charlie spent his life in. At age 68, Dad got a full time job as night security guard at Perimeter Mall, so that he could support Charlie. Sixty eight year old man walking around the [closed] mall at 2am with a .38 strapped on his hip, so he can support his unemployed 40 year old son, who is sitting at home listening to Jimi Hendrix and smoking a joint.

Charlie’s dad was a dumbass. He volunteered for the duty.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The rest of the story...

I told above the sad story of my high school buddy Charlie, who spent his entire life in Mommie's basement, until he passed away in that house in 2020 at age 70.

The rest of the story is, Charlie's Dad was a retired IBM exec, that's how he had paid for the $520K, 4 br house that Charlie spent his life in. At age 68, Dad got a full time job as night security guard at Perimeter Mall, so that he could support Charlie. Sixty eight year old man walking around the [closed] mall at 2am with a .38 strapped on his hip, so he can support his unemployed 40 year old son, who is sitting at home listening to Jimi Hendrix and smoking a joint.

Charlie’s dad was a dumbass. He volunteered for the duty.

P

You are quite right. Charlie's dad made a big mistake, repeated over many years, when he did not force Charlie to leave the house.

That is why I am telling this sad, and terrible, and true story to Rmiller2, so that he doesn't make the same mistake.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ok, it’s near March. What’s the progress report ?

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.