Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by szihn
Yup.
But those that do will find a ton of justification for watching and supporting the NFL with all the evil they give support to ----and say it's not their fault at all.

First they must lie to themselves and make themselves believe they are inconsequential and so it "doesn't matter". And then they will go hell-bent to convince anyone else that points out the truth of it to them that those truth-tellers are wrong, stupid or divicine.

When you have no basis for argument, abuse and insult your opponent
(Plato)

But the pure truth is quite simple.

If you pay for it you DO support it.
If you DO support it it's partly your fault!

Trump watches the Superbowl 😮

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
all the pro sports stuff makes very little if any money off of me...
it's like anything else in life it's about personal choices.. not going to not be friends with somebody just because they choose to watch it or not. but I also don't have to watch it with them ..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by Riverc
Not just the NFL how about the NBA & MLB too.

You forgot NHL!

LOL, apples and oranges.

They are both fruits.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JMR40
kneeling during the national anthem,

Kneeling during the NA hasn't been a thing in years. It wasn't a big thing when it was a thing.

And on top of that no players stood for the NA for at least the 1st 75 years of the NFL. I played 10 years at various levels and coached HS ball for 30. Never stood for the NA until the last 10-12 years of my coaching career.

Prior to 9/11 players and coaches stayed in the locker rooms until AFTER the NA was played. If it were played at all and it often wasn't. After 9/11 the military PAYS the NFL to do the pregame show. It is done as a recruiting commercial. The military requested players be on the field for the show.

Today we have too many who think they have to wrap themselves in the flag and tell everyone how patriotic they are. If you have to do that, you don't understand what it means to be patriotic.

I have stood for the NA as long as I can recall. Anyone that doesn't is a disgrace to this country. Those that kneel are even worse disgraces.

We may disagree on things, but the NA is like the flag. Stand and honor. Period

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't watch it. I started to, and I knew deep down I didn't want to see the Swifty Bowl. Woke [bleep].

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by geedubya
Have not watched any pro sports since the strikes in the 80's.

With the exception being, the Tour de France

ya!

GWB

GWB......FF to 36:00......annual event in southern Utah

Nuthing like the 'Tour De France' event though

Maybe Paul Barnard will come out for the spring '24 event---------- grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The best thing that could happen to American culture would be for the NFL to go bankrupt and fold. Why? Exhibit A: the black national anthem; Exhibit B they're full-throated support of BLM, kneeling during the national anthem, etc; Exhibit C: their whole-hearted embrace of multi-culturalism, hip-hop culture, vulgarity in every form and black supremacy; lastly, their full-throated support for Leftism in all its guises.

Why you guys who claim to be conservative patronize the NFL and put money into their pockets is just beyond me. Complete hypocrisy.
The title of your thread is ridiculously presumptuous - and wrong. I may be part of some problem, but your kind of reasoning will not identify and describe it.

And, about your "best thing" - while many among us also deplore senseless and even stupid "racial/cultural' displays such as those you note there, we also know that they are based on falsity and are hollow at their core. None of those will prevail, or even make a meaningful mark. They are momentary signalling events - not of substance.

Some substantive cultural issues indeed are serious in some respects, but they are very little tied to an annual sport contest or any other planned spectacle. Those issues are of the soul, character, morals and the intellect.

Why not try to avoid confusing that serious fact with the simple reality that some folks played football, still like to see the contest and the displays of skill, and can enjoy a game without fussing over whatever may be wrong with the NFL and its people, or some dumb entertainment stuff that, in one form or another, has been going on for as long as we can remember?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I love being told what to do...

What to watch... or not to watch...

Who I am supposed to hate... and who I am supposed to love.

Free Choice Sucks...

Down with all you Imperialist Dogs...

Long Live Che Guevara and Karl Marx!!!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I loved watching every minute of the game. The half time show sucked. Blame me for being a part of everything wrong in the world.
Oh, I have a Steeler emblem tattooed on my right arm.
You watch what you want to and I’ll do the same. I pay $230 a month for Direct TV and not losing any sleep over it.
I’m sure my wife enjoyed the game more than I did.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Gave up on pro sports 30 yrs ago.
Dont care what other people watch.

IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I could give a flying fuqk what Tardqueen thinks

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Very perceptive observation. The NFL is just about sport and entertainment never gets involved divisive destructive left wing politics

Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Tus played football, still like the comntests and displays of skillarquin
The best thing that could happen to American culture would be for the NFL to go bankrupt and fold. Why? Exhibit A: the black national anthem; Exhibit B they're full-throated support of BLM, kneeling during the national anthem, etc; Exhibit C: their whole-hearted embrace of multi-culturalism, hip-hop culture, vulgarity in every form and black supremacy; lastly, their full-throated support for Leftism in all its guises.

Why you guys who claim to be conservative patronize the NFL and put money into their pockets is just beyond me. Complete hypocrisy.
The title of your thread is ridiculously presumptuous - and wrong. I may be part of some problem, but your kind of reasoning will not identify and describe it.

And, about your "best thing" - while many among us also deplore senseless and even stupid "racial/cultural' displays such as those you note there, we also know that they are based on falsity and are hollow at their core. None of those will prevail, or even make a meaningful mark. They are momentary signalling events - not of substance.

Some substantive cultural issues indeed are serious in some respects, but they are very little tied to an annual sport contest or any other planned spectacle. Those issues are of the soul, character, morals and the intellect.

Why not try to avoid confusing that serious fact with the simple reality that some folks played football, still like to see the contest and the displays of skill, and can enjoy a game without fussing over whatever may be wrong with the NFL and its people, or some dumb entertainment stuff that, in one form or another, has been going on for as long as we can remember?

Last edited by ribka; 02/12/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You dumb shįts give literally thousands of dollars to Hollywood every year....but watching the super bowl is really bad m'kay.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You dumb shįts give literally thousands of dollars to Hollywood every year....but watching the super bowl is really bad m'kay.

Jim they are just gonna say no they havent watched a movie since 74 or had a TV since then either.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

There are people here who hate Ruger and yet, buy Levi's. Campfire doesn't limit its hypocrisy to just the circuses.

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

Jim they are just gonna say no they havent watched a movie since 74 or had a TV since then either.
I can count on one hand the movies watched for the last 20 years.
Have not really watched any TV except youtube type documentaries stuff in the last 7 or so years IIRC.

Now and then there is some documetary on Prime too we watch.

But our own personal principles are just that. And we simply don't think we should support Hollywood or MSM TV type stuff. Plus there is almost nothing on TV that we can find new thats worth the waste of time.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Teal

There are people here who hate Ruger and yet, buy Levi's. Campfire doesn't limit its hypocrisy to just the circuses.
Hmm. You caught me. LOL. We all have our thing. Of course its actually more like Duluth the last 5 plus years. Before that it was Wranglers.

Heck I've even bought 2 rugers in the last 10 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

I can count on one hand the movies watched for the last 20 years.
Have not really watched any TV except youtube type documentaries stuff in the last 7 or so years IIRC.

Now and then there is some documetary on Prime too we watch.

But our own personal principles are just that. And we simply don't think we should support Hollywood or MSM TV type stuff. Plus there is almost nothing on TV that we can find new thats worth the waste of time.

Same here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Teal

Hmm. You caught me. LOL. We all have our thing. Of course its actually more like Duluth the last 5 plus years. Before that it was Wranglers.

Heck I've even bought 2 rugers in the last 10 years.

I avoid Gillette, Nike, Coca Cola, and several other companies that flagrantly flaunt cultural rot. It’s impossible to avoid them all but as much as possible, especially when they throw it in my face I go out of my way to avoid the product that they’re selling.

Ruger’s a false equivalency. I despised Ruger’s support of a magazine capacity ban but it was offered as a counter proposal to banning the guns themselves IIRC. I still 100% disagree but Ruger wasn’t taking it upon themselves to push for gun control. At any rate Bill Ruger is dead and Ruger hasn’t doubled down on it the way other companies have. Ruger does not support the wholesale destruction of our country in remotely the same way that Gillette or the NFL have and continue to.

Szihn summed it up best on page 3 of this thread IMO.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 12 invisible), 1,044 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,414
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.