Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Try to renew your driver’s license. With all the increased interest in “Real ID” you can’t get your DL renewed without an appointment months in advance…

Rural Missouri, walk into license office, take your picture, do the minimal paperwork, walk out with 'temporary' license. 10 minutes when I did it last year. In a week they mail you the license.

Living in bum jungle doesn’t change the requirements for real ID. You don’t just walk in to a drivers license bureau get your picture taken and walk out for a real ID drivers license.

I don't have a beef with you. I hope I don't have a beef with many on this forum in my nearly 20 years and 10k posts. Feel free to go look at all of them and tell me if I come across as a guy looking to start a fight, I'm not.

None of that or what you have said changes the fact that in 'bum jungle' Missouri, I can take my current drivers license, walk into a license bureau with it, a valid passport, and 2 letters from reputable companies/employers/government agencies with my name and complehttps://bozeman.craigslist.org/search/ata#search=1~grid~0~55te address on them, and get a real ID in minutes.

I've done it. I've seen myself do it. I've got the star on my license to prove it.

No appointments need to be made 2 months in advance. In my initial response I did allow that you get a temporary license (good for driving) and the real ID one is mailed in a week. So no boarding a plane for a week until that envelope shows up in the mailbox.

I'd say I don't know how they do things in Montana, because I don't know how they do things in Montana. I do know how they do things in 'bum jungle' Missouri though which you say doesn't matter, so in that case, maybe you don't know how they do things in Montana either?

Feel free to insult me all you want and tell me I have no clue what I'm talking about. You're flat out wrong.

No insult, rural Missouri isn’t really a thriving metropolis.

And also, I call it rural compared to “cities”. 124,369 in my county in 2023. Not thriving on some accounts, overpopulated by others. How many are thriving in your county?

Nowhere near 120,000 people here. We might be close to half of that as far as people are considered, and then one $hithead that goes by lost trail who you can see does stir up a certain amount of controversy creating the type of an environment of questionable veracity of personal comments…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 new passports arrived here last week, 8 weeks. Non-expedited.

Whoop de do.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
STRSWilson: Yes indeed elections have consequences!
I hope the CampFires own turdqueen needs to have his passport renewed.
pete buttplug is what turdqueen deserves, as one of his governmental representatives AND as his neighbor.
FJB
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
A friend of mine is in a pickle. He did just that and the wait times are 6 weeks.

I asked at our local PO several days ago. Try twice that time now.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mine is up for renewal this month. In Arkansas you have to go in person every 4 years to renew with a birth certificate or passport if you hold a cdl license.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Try to renew your driver’s license. With all the increased interest in “Real ID” you can’t get your DL renewed without an appointment months in advance…

You're better off as an illegal.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had mine renewed at the embassy in Al Khobar Saudi in 2019. Was ready in about 48 hours.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
P
petersena
Unregistered
petersena
Unregistered
P
Oh, renewing passports is a whole ordeal now! Mine took over three months, and I was stressing.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wait times have increased to +3 months.

Way to go Buttigieg.
We would never wait that long. Reminders and we renew as soon as possible, most things allow at 6 months out and we are waiting.

Real ID we did 5 years ago on DLs

Lots of DLs can renew online.

As can tags.

But its always interesting the wait times... my current wait on suppressors is going on 12 months pretty soon...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Rural Missouri, walk into license office, take your picture, do the minimal paperwork, walk out with 'temporary' license. 10 minutes when I did it last year. In a week they mail you the license.

Living in bum jungle doesn’t change the requirements for real ID. You don’t just walk in to a drivers license bureau get your picture taken and walk out for a real ID drivers license.

Old fuggs struggle with the simplest of things. You can absolutely walk out with a real ID in less than an hour.
the disrespect on this site for older people... you young ones would have your ass handed to you face to face for your disrespect.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

Old fuggs struggle with the simplest of things. You can absolutely walk out with a real ID in less than an hour.
the disrespect on this site for older people... you young ones would have your ass handed to you face to face for your disrespect.

I walked out in way less than an hour with my Real ID license. "We need to see birth cert or passport and your SS number" - here it is. Ok - Smile - we'll mail your Real ID - expect it. DONE. Oh and I do have a CDL ABCDM with N endorsements.

And then again when I renewed it last week, 50 minutes, no appointment and that included the drive over and back. 12 miles of urban.

The "I need an appointment months ahead, it takes hours to get" isn't the experience of multiple others but the "older" discounted it immediately and insulted those claiming the different experience. Re-read Shrap's responses to everyone who doesn't have his singular experience. Who's flinging disrespect again?

Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by texasbatman
I renewed my DL online here in Texas.

Jim

If you're switching from the old format Driver's License to the new REAL ID-compliant version, you must do that in person. Once that is done, you can renew online in minutes.

I was able to switch from my old DL to the new REAL ID version in Texas online. I think it was only $11 and was super simple. All I had to do was input it as an address change, but I was able to use my same address. Got it in a couple of weeks.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I renewed my CDL 2 weeks ago with a "Real" ID.
Walked into the office with my birth certificate, CDL and 2 pieces of mail with my address on them.
Did the eye exam, took my picture, printed out the temp and I was back in my truck in 20 minutes.
Recieved my CDL in the mail this week............

Rural Missouri Bumpkin..........

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just renewed mine last month. Took 2 weeks.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stammster
Find a local passport office. Show proof of future international travel. Pay expediting fee. Get passport in less than 24hrs.

Had to do that for my current passport. Had an business emergency trip to Berlin and noticed my passport had expired. The most difficult thing was getting the appointment for the expedited process. Once I had that it was a trip up to Seattle, drop it off along with a few hundred dollars (if I recall), and an all day of killing time. Had it by the end of the day.

Just have to make sure you have a couple of passport photos. I usually carry a couple clipped to my PP, just in case.

Carpe' Scrotum
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I do not know what happens in Montana.

I did just walk in and get my DL renewed here. They asked if I wanted the star. I needed two bills showing my address. I could have gotten it that day. My wife did so in a single visit to DMV. We happened to have a power bill, and a letter from Id Dept of Transportation in the car that day.

I told them I had no need for real ID. Just give me a Drivers License.

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 02/13/24.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It goes both ways.

At least it does for me, like it or not.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
No insult, rural Missouri isn’t really a thriving metropolis. No matter what someone says, there is always someone else that knows differently. I have a commercial DL, it expired in February, they notified me in December that it was up for renewal. I called the Drivers License Bureau to see about scheduling my renewal, they told me March 15 was the earliest I could get a renewal.

There was no walking in and renewing like so many make it sound possible. There is more to Real ID than a simple renewal but some say you just mail it in. There must be some confusion on how it gets done, but I didn’t make it up and had to drive halfway across the state of Montana to get the renewal done before my license would have expired.

That is a fact and what you may have experienced could be different, but Real ID requires more than a smile and your old DL…

Yes, Shrap,
The first time, it requires a birth certificate, (mine is already on file with DMV), and two items with you name and address on them. As I said a power bill and a note from DMV (excuse me ID DOT) sufficed in my wife's case.

No appointment needed. Just walk in. No waiting at the DMV except for the two people in line ahead of her. A temp Id is handed out on the spot. The card with the photo arrives in the mail a bit later. She walked in the door at 4:30 PM and was on her way well before 5:00.

But that is Idaho. Perhaps Idaho has more closely approached the 21'st century than Montana has.

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 02/13/24.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

It goes both ways.

At least it does for me, like it or not.

I have not seen it both ways. But if it does then same applies.
Now if you are simply stupid, then no issues for that.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Teal

I walked out in way less than an hour with my Real ID license. "We need to see birth cert or passport and your SS number" - here it is. Ok - Smile - we'll mail your Real ID - expect it. DONE. Oh and I do have a CDL ABCDM with N endorsements.

And then again when I renewed it last week, 50 minutes, no appointment and that included the drive over and back. 12 miles of urban.

The "I need an appointment months ahead, it takes hours to get" isn't the experience of multiple others but the "older" discounted it immediately and insulted those claiming the different experience. Re-read Shrap's responses to everyone who doesn't have his singular experience. Who's flinging disrespect again?
Gotcha. BUT it has nothing to do with his age. Its like saying the black murderer. I need to know murdered. I could care less about the rest even if its often relevant in other ways.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.