Can someone please explain to me the main differences between the 6TCU and the 6X45? I know that the TCU has a change in the shoulder and has a longer throat, but that is about it....am I right? Is one better than than the other? I was going for a 6x45 but long story short I ended up buying a fully assembled upper (except the BCG) in a 6TCU.

I purchased it from a guy who was going through cancer treatment and he sold me the whole thing for $125 shipped. The barrel, handguard, receiver, barrel nut, gas block and gas tube...also had a muzzle break on it. Only thing: it needed a Bolt carrier group. I ended up talking with a few guys (no one here on the fire) and I was told that the TCU would give me problems and that I could potentially run out of case capacity..? Or something of the sort? Is one substantially better than the other? When looking at both and if you include the 6 Mongoose and the 6 Grendel in the mix, does it really even matter?

Also, If anyone has any favorite loads for the 6TCU I would love to hear it. I have had this thing for months (probably for about a year) and still haven't shot it...