Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
If you need Large Rifle primers, the below link has Remington 9 1/2 available. Don't know what their shipping costs are as I can drive to their store and pick things up.

https://www.brunoshooters.com/shop/...ck&really_curr_tax=11311-product_cat

GB1

J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Bruno's supply of these primers has lasted longer than I thought they would. I bought 1000 of the them from Bruno's about a month or so ago. I had been waiting a long time for these to become available, so I jumped when I discovered Bruno's had them in stock.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Scheels had a bunch of them recently and they sold out quick. Same price.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Thanks for the heads-up. I have never used Remington large rifle primers but i said what the hell and I ordered a brick, it will be fun to try another primer than CCI and see if there is any difference in my pet loads....Hb

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm surprised they don't have any WLR. A local shop near me has cases of them.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Thanks for the heads-up. I have never used Remington large rifle primers but i said what the hell and I ordered a brick, it will be fun to try another primer than CCI and see if there is any difference in my pet loads....Hb

If you've been using CCI 200 primers I think you'll find the Remington 9 1/2 primers a decent alternative. The Remington primers, in my experience, are a little "hotter than the CCI 200 primers but not as "hot" as the WLR primers.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Old__School
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

If you've been using CCI 200 primers I think you'll find the Remington 9 1/2 primers a decent alternative. The Remington primers, in my experience, are a little "hotter than the CCI 200 primers but not as "hot" as the WLR primers.
Thanks...I hope your right. It will give me a good excuse to do some reloading and get some shooting in if nothing else 👍....Hb

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've gotten good results with the 9 1/2 in various loads. The only issue I've had with them was height. A couple of lot numbers were on the tall end of spec and I had to cut primer pockets to the full max 0.132" depth to get the primers seated correctly.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Haven't used them in nearly 50 years.

Had misfires in different rifles on the same hunt. Dropped them and never had a misfire since.

Sako .243 handloads
Weatherby .257 Mag handloads.
Winchester 375 H&H 270gn Rem factory loads.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
A lot of water passed under the bridge in 50 years.....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
A lot of water passed under the bridge in 50 years.....

You would think in that amount of time, they may have learned a thing or 2. Just like most other primers: Some manufactures have had their issues. Like Winchester for example. I avoided WLR primers because of some of the problems they had. With that being said, EVERY manufacture should have their primer making down to an exact science by now. With prices and availability being what they are, if you are short buy what is available.

The girlfriend recently bought me 3 bricks of WLR for $74.99/brick. She wanted to buy me CCI BR2's, but I told her HELL NO!!! Way too expensive right now. I wouldn't have complained if she bought Remington or Federal primers either.

I've been using CCI religiously for almost the last 30 years. Still have some CCI200's from the 70's that I bought for $1.00/100. Bought up all they had at that price (3 bricks, if I remember right). Best $30.00 I ever spent, and that was about 5 years ago.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'd hate to pay today's prices but as has been mentioned if you need primers I wouldn't wait around just because it isn't your brand. I've always shot/preferred CCI 200's but have a case of 9.5's and a case of WLR's because they were available at the time at not a bad price and a steal compared to today's prices.

I'm not scared of older primers either if I run across them cheap enough. Early 2022 I bought 4 bricks of CCI 200's from the 90's for way too cheap to pass up. I wouldn't trust them for a once in a lifetime hunt but so far what I've used of them I haven't had a misfire and really can't see any difference in accuracy with known loads.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
I'd hate to pay today's prices but as has been mentioned if you need primers I wouldn't wait around just because it isn't your brand. I've always shot/preferred CCI 200's but have a case of 9.5's and a case of WLR's because they were available at the time at not a bad price and a steal compared to today's prices.

I'm not scared of older primers either if I run across them cheap enough. Early 2022 I bought 4 bricks of CCI 200's from the 90's for way too cheap to pass up. I wouldn't trust them for a once in a lifetime hunt but so far what I've used of them I haven't had a misfire and really can't see any difference in accuracy with known loads.

Those primers from the 90's should still work great, if they were stored right. I just finished the last brick I had from the late 90's. Have never had any issues with them. While they are not as consistent as the BR2's, they are still pretty damn good, accuracy wise. I'm actually going to be experimenting with some newer CCI34's, as they were on sale at Scheels a while back. The extra 15% off was helpful. We may be in for a bumpy ride for a while, until it gets better. I've been shooting more rimfire stuff lately, just to conserve centerfire components.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

Those primers from the 90's should still work great, if they were stored right. I just finished the last brick I had from the late 90's. Have never had any issues with them. While they are not as consistent as the BR2's, they are still pretty damn good, accuracy wise. I'm actually going to be experimenting with some newer CCI34's, as they were on sale at Scheels a while back. The extra 15% off was helpful. We may be in for a bumpy ride for a while, until it gets better. I've been shooting more rimfire stuff lately, just to conserve centerfire components.

I know where they were stored, but what the actual temp/humidity was in that location I haven't a clue. That said, at $12.50 a brick I didn't care. So far they perform just like any other CCI 200. Still don't think I'd trust them for hunting though, got enough newer primers so I'll just keep using these for paper punching. Saves my other primers in the meantime.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Free shipping and hazmat this weekend if you spend $295.95 or more.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
PV got WLR in stock yesterday; still have them this morning.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,070
Posts18,501,478
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.