Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Originally Posted by BooBear
I had covid and took it, not one problem with it, but it does not taste very good.

Does it taste like a mixture of Ivermectin, and Hydroxychloriquine? Ivermectin, the liquid stuff for pigs and cattle taste like crap too, like a bad vodka..

I put the liquid Ivermectin in either my coffee or with a small glass of orange gatorade. Don't mind it.

Far as covid, I've never been tested, pretty sure I had it a couple of times. Surely had it at least once. Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin D. No problems.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I caught Covid for the first time last fall. Due to the fact that I have an auto-immune disease and take immunosuppressants, i asked my doctor for Paxlovid. I started taking it on the 4th day which is near the limit of time to begin treatment. My Covid was not real bad and after the 5 days of Paxlovid i was feeling pretty good other than fatigue.

In another week, I had a fever and went to the ER where the doctors said I had a respiratory infection or pneumonia. Some antibiotics took care of that in a few days.

As Moto Vita above stated that there are some cases of a relapse of Covid. At the time, I read of a study linking about 20% of Paxlovid users to a recurrence of the Covid after a week or so.

With my experiences, I would not use Paxlovid again. The only side effect for me was the horrible metallic taste that lasted for hours after each dose.

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why does anyone test for Covid ?

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I took it when I had covid about a year and a half ago. I started it early and that case of covid didn't seem too bad and was over soon. Then I got covid again about a year later and didn't take anything because I'm so cynical about drug companies and all the lies they've fed us.

But the covid I got where I didn't take paxlovid was much worse than the one where I did take it. It really kicked my butt. So I kind of wonder if paxlovid did maybe help quite a bit. I'm on immunosuppressants so I can get pretty sick pretty fast.

I'm not much for trusting the drug companies these days so I suggest you do your own research on paxlovid before using it. I didn't find too much bad stuff about it so I tried it once and it seemed to help. I didn't take it the next time just to see and that time I was very sick.

My biggest medical regret is that I allowed myself to get the vaccine early on and it nearly killed me. I was one of the early people to get it and all my Dr's really pushed for it because of my other health issues. I'm the first to admit it was a mistake and to say I have very little trust in the whole system since then. Three days after the clot shot I was in the ER with o2 sats of 52% and severely dehydrated. I had 2 IVs and they were talking about putting me on a ventilator but I refused it even though I was pretty out of it.

Several of my labs were out of wack including an elevated D-dimer so I had to get CT scans looking for clots. I was on O2 for a month and still have to use it at times.

So yes, I'll admit I was an idiot for getting the Vax. I still worry it did something to me that can't be undone. I'm very skeptical now but I did some research on Paxlovid before I tried it and the technology seemed legit enough to me to give it a try. After my last covid case where I took nothing I'll be considering paxlovid again next time I get it. However I'll do a bunch more research first because more info comes out all the time.

I think you have to weigh your factors such as weight and overall health and age. If your young and healthy I'd be tempted to just let covid run its course. If you're older, maybe overweight and or diabetic take a hard look at paxlovid. I'd also look at the horse paste ivermectin snd ir hydroxycloriquine and some of the other off label stuff people have been using.

You have to decide for yourself and it's tough to do with all the bad information out there. There's no one to trust these days. We now all know for sure the government and drug companies can and do lie to us so we just have to sort through things ourselves and make our best guess. I also know that some meds really have made my life better. My new immunosuppressant really seems to help but the last one messed me up.

I still feel like an idiot for getting the clot shot but I'm not stopping the meds that have helped me like allopurinol for gout. I know pharmaceutical companies have a bad reputation these days and a lot of its well deserved. However I also know that modern medicine and pharmaceuticals have helped a lot of people. It's getting harder to know who or what to trust. But I'm glad we're not all still worried about polio, typhoid, tuberculosis etc. They have got a few things right over the years.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/13/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's amazing to me the number of people who come into the ER asking for Paxlovid. Like the 6 shots they had weren't enough.

What's more amazing is how scared of covid people still are. It's no worse than the flu. Most people that come into our ER wanting tested don't even have a fever. Mild symptoms at the most. Everyone has had covid. Multiple times. Most people don't even know they had it. Stop being scared of covid.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Ivermectin seems to be showing up more. I would go that route over anything a Doc prescribed.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
It's amazing to me the number of people who come into the ER asking for Paxlovid. Like the 6 shots they had weren't enough.

What's more amazing is how scared of covid people still are. It's no worse than the flu. Most people that come into our ER wanting tested don't even have a fever. Mild symptoms at the most. Everyone has had covid. Multiple times. Most people don't even know they had it. Stop being scared of covid.

Bingo

I am MAGA.
W
wbyfan1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks for the input, everyone. I've decided to waive off on the Paxlovid. I've had Covid a few times since 2020, with nothing more than mild, cold like symptoms. Recovered with zero issues. This time around though, it's more Flu like. I took a few over the counter cold meds last night and woke up feeling a little better. Like most of you, I'm skeptical of anything big pharma pushes, especially as it relates to Covid. I'm a healthy, non vaxed, 54 year old male and hate ingesting any drug that's not absolutely necessary. The only reason I was considering Paxlovid is my son is wreslting in the high school state wrestling tournament on Friday. It's a really big deal and I don't want to miss. Was thinking PL could help accelerate my recovery in time to make the tournament. After doing a bit more research though, I've decided it's just not worth it. If my recovery continues at present rate, I should be fine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Well, just received a positive result on a Covid test. Ughh!! My Dr prescribed Paxlovid, but after reading over some of the side affects…Diarrhea, increased blood pressure, nausea, abdominal pain, aches, loss of taste etc.. I’m not too sure I want to take it. Sounds worse than Covid symptoms!! Any of you CF members taken Paxlovid? If so, was it effective and what, if any side effects did you experience?
Why is anyone still testing is beyond me, that said, why would anyone take a drug for covid made by pfizer at this point?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Find a new doctor, a real doctor,
This! Your doc is a sham for the drug companies. Find an honest one. They are out there

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
Darriah, pyorrhea, irreversible liver damage, headache, nausea, muscle pains, dizziness, drowsiness, stomach cramps, ringing in one's ears, heart palpitations, bloody stools, dry eyes, and/or occasional death. Gee, what's the downside?
Exactly. I cant believe we are still doing this at this point. Damn some of these fuggers are brain dead

Last edited by gunchamp; 02/14/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I took it when I had covid about a year and a half ago. I started it early and that case of covid didn't seem too bad and was over soon. Then I got covid again about a year later and didn't take anything because I'm so cynical about drug companies and all the lies they've fed us.

But the covid I got where I didn't take paxlovid was much worse than the one where I did take it. It really kicked my butt. So I kind of wonder if paxlovid did maybe help quite a bit. I'm on immunosuppressants so I can get pretty sick pretty fast.

I'm not much for trusting the drug companies these days so I suggest you do your own research on paxlovid before using it. I didn't find too much bad stuff about it so I tried it once and it seemed to help. I didn't take it the next time just to see and that time I was very sick.

My biggest medical regret is that I allowed myself to get the vaccine early on and it nearly killed me. I was one of the early people to get it and all my Dr's really pushed for it because of my other health issues. I'm the first to admit it was a mistake and to say I have very little trust in the whole system since then. Three days after the clot shot I was in the ER with o2 sats of 52% and severely dehydrated. I had 2 IVs and they were talking about putting me on a ventilator but I refused it even though I was pretty out of it.

Several of my labs were out of wack including an elevated D-dimer so I had to get CT scans looking for clots. I was on O2 for a month and still have to use it at times.

So yes, I'll admit I was an idiot for getting the Vax. I still worry it did something to me that can't be undone. I'm very skeptical now but I did some research on Paxlovid before I tried it and the technology seemed legit enough to me to give it a try. After my last covid case where I took nothing I'll be considering paxlovid again next time I get it. However I'll do a bunch more research first because more info comes out all the time.

I think you have to weigh your factors such as weight and overall health and age. If your young and healthy I'd be tempted to just let covid run its course. If you're older, maybe overweight and or diabetic take a hard look at paxlovid. I'd also look at the horse paste ivermectin snd ir hydroxycloriquine and some of the other off label stuff people have been using.

You have to decide for yourself and it's tough to do with all the bad information out there. There's no one to trust these days. We now all know for sure the government and drug companies can and do lie to us so we just have to sort through things ourselves and make our best guess. I also know that some meds really have made my life better. My new immunosuppressant really seems to help but the last one messed me up.

I still feel like an idiot for getting the clot shot but I'm not stopping the meds that have helped me like allopurinol for gout. I know pharmaceutical companies have a bad reputation these days and a lot of its well deserved. However I also know that modern medicine and pharmaceuticals have helped a lot of people. It's getting harder to know who or what to trust. But I'm glad we're not all still worried about polio, typhoid, tuberculosis etc. They have got a few things right over the years.

Bb
Hey, theres nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately we have are dealing with evil pricks who only care about the dollar. Its really hard to try and get the correct info to make the proper choices. Back when covid was new, the shot was being pushed hard. I started to research it and Im glad that I have a general distrust for the medical industry these days. I almost bit early on, but had a wait and see approach. As soon as I found out they attempted to seal the info for 70 years and couldnt be held responsible, I bailed. You made the best choice you could with the info you had. Hopefully it doesnt negatively affect you. Reading stories like this make me despise big pharm even more for waht they did. I can never find fault in anyone who made this decision early on, only the ones who continue to still push this trash and defend it after all we have learned

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Paxlovid is made by Pfizer.

Makes you wonder, don't it?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the input, everyone. I've decided to waive off on the Paxlovid. I've had Covid a few times since 2020, with nothing more than mild, cold like symptoms. Recovered with zero issues. This time around though, it's more Flu like. I took a few over the counter cold meds last night and woke up feeling a little better. Like most of you, I'm skeptical of anything big pharma pushes, especially as it relates to Covid. I'm a healthy, non vaxed, 54 year old male and hate ingesting any drug that's not absolutely necessary. The only reason I was considering Paxlovid is my son is wreslting in the high school state wrestling tournament on Friday. It's a really big deal and I don't want to miss. Was thinking PL could help accelerate my recovery in time to make the tournament. After doing a bit more research though, I've decided it's just not worth it. If my recovery continues at present rate, I should be fine.
Good for you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had just finished my 3rd round of Chemo in 2022 when I came down with my second case of COVID. I finished the last bag on Friday and the symptoms started Saturday night. The first few days after Chemo were always the worst. I had a little device installed when I left the hospital that would deliver a dose of Neulasta 25 hours after leaving the chemo clinic. That was to keep me from dying from infections and keep my bone marrow intact, so those first 24-48 hours had me on a razor's edge.

As soon as weird things started happening, KYHillChick bundled off to the ER, and they gave me a script for Paxlovid. I still had a rough go of it, and I was finally admitted the next day. This was my one and only ride in the meat wagon. When the EMTs got me, I was seeing things. I spent 12 hours in ER while they got me stabilized enough to go to the ICU. However, the Paxlovid finally turned things around and I was only in the hospital for a week.

My advice is that if someone writes you a script for Paxlovid, take it. Fall down on your knees and thank the Good Lord that you got it. It's the one drug I know of that knocks COVID down.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had Covid last year. The VA prescribed Paxlovid. Worked well for me and can't remember there being any side effects.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Originally Posted by BooBear
I had covid and took it, not one problem with it, but it does not taste very good.

Does it taste like a mixture of Ivermectin, and Hydroxychloriquine? Ivermectin, the liquid stuff for pigs and cattle taste like crap too, like a bad vodka..

I put the liquid Ivermectin in either my coffee or with a small glass of orange gatorade. Don't mind it.

Far as covid, I've never been tested, pretty sure I had it a couple of times. Surely had it at least once. Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin D. No problems.

My mother in law had all kinds of health problems...Recently went into remission from cancer, high blood pressure, overweight, etc. She' was 72 yrs old and caught the bad original strain of Covid 19. She looked like she wasn't going to make it, blood oxygen levels dropped down to 75% on the worst day of it and she was about ready to go to ER, but she toughed it out.

She made it through with Ivermectin, Vitamin D, C, Zync; a ZPAC and some medcine that a homeopathic Doctor prescribed to help her breathe...She is not vaxxed...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 02/14/24.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Well, just received a positive result on a Covid test. Ughh!! My Dr prescribed Paxlovid, but after reading over some of the side affects…Diarrhea, increased blood pressure, nausea, abdominal pain, aches, loss of taste etc.. I’m not too sure I want to take it. Sounds worse than Covid symptoms!! Any of you CF members taken Paxlovid? If so, was it effective and what, if any side effects did you experience?
Wife took it for second go round with covid, helped with symptoms, no side effects. She did not get the jab, but I did. I got covid one time, not very big deal. Her first covid was kinda tough, but not worse than a real bad flu (which it most likely IS).

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Well, just received a positive result on a Covid test."

Doesn't mean you have covid. This is what the FDA has said from the very beginning of the covid scam. If you read the actual test report it will say that a positive test result doesn't mean you're infected and a negative test result doesn't mean that you're not infected. Flipping a coin would be just as accurate.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you are "testing" you are part of the problem. JFC.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 23 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.