-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sorta curious what they hope to find by exhuming the body of a murder victim from almost 50 years ago?
I would think caliber and direction of bullet was established at the time by a coroner’s examination. I can’t imagine what they could determine now?I love the original movies but the remake is a CGI made shootemup!😒
Reon

Pauline Pusser Exhumed

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 02/14/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sometimes it's best to let the dead rest in peace.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bet all involved are probably dead anyway.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Saw that.
Wondered who would still be around to convict?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
A person who would commit this type of murder leads a dangerous and reckless life style. Highly unlikely they are still alive.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
20 minute follow up video on this story.
This guys done a lot of research on Pusser. He also wrote a book, “Buford Pusser, The Other Story.
Buford evidently wasn’t the shining knight on a white steed that Hollyweird made him out to be.
I have been watching this because as a lad, I watched these movies at the drive in with my Mom & Dad
Anyway this adds a pile of questions to a story that I have found interesting.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Buford evidently wasn’t the shining knight on a white steed that Hollyweird made him out to be.

My cousin was a Tennessee state trooper assigned to McNairy county during the time Pusser was sheriff there. He told me Pusser was a crook and the movies weren't even remotely true.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Friday night music…

Back before Jason Isbell was a liberal ( and sober)

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Other books by Buford Pusser:

"If I did it".

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Plenty of people on the Tennessee Deer hunting forum have relatives that knew Pusser. There isn’t much debate he wasn’t a crook. I don’t think I read a positive post about the guy.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

My cousin was a Tennessee state trooper assigned to McNairy county during the time Pusser was sheriff there. He told me Pusser was a crook and the movies weren't even remotely true.

Well he was a Sheriff in TN. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
J
Yeah, I’m about 20 miles South of the state line on hwy 45, so this is lore and legend I grew up hearing. Spent a fair amount of time in the bars that are still in that area. When I saw this couldn’t help but think “what in the heck do they think they can prove or do anything about NOW?”
Guess we’ll see. Also, I haven’t kept up with all the players in this, who’s alive and who’s passed…. Wonder if some sort of deathbed confession or something might be at play?

Last edited by Jeffroinms; 02/17/24. Reason: Added thought
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
20 minute follow up video on this story.
This guys done a lot of research on Pusser. He also wrote a book, “Buford Pusser, The Other Story.
I have been watching this because as a lad, I watched these movies at the drive in with my Mom & Dad
Anyway this adds a pile of questions to a story that I have found interesting.

Reon,
People are complicated. White hats and Black ones only exist in Hollywood fantasy.

"Never meet your Heros"

No idea who first said that, but they were right.

Look at our military heros.
Arrogant, glory seeker, drunk, philandering, influence peddling, incompetent,
abusive (to troops or spouses).....they are all a bunch of................................................... humans. Too often, antisocial tendencies seem to breed the qualities that enhance a warrior. Their short commings shouldn't cancel their contributions, or be completely hiden.

Marge Schott once took enormous heat for an off hand comment about how
everything Hitler did WASN'T bad. Then listed the Autobahn as an example.
She wasn't wrong.

"Mussolini made the trains run on time."
Is something often used to belittle the accomplishments of folks others see as bad.
It's disingenuous.

He did make the trains run well, and straightened up a struggling country.
Made things better for his countrymen. For a time.
When we gloss over bad stuff, or bury the good, we lose much of the lessons
to be learned in life.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Having spent time around Chattanooga, much of my younger life. if anywhere else in Tennessee is as corrupt has Hamilton County, I wouldn't be overly shocked. Great state, great people, but Tennessee has an open and obvious corruption problem, more than you can easily witness as compared to other states.

But in today's world, name me a state that doesn't have plenty of corruption problems. I liked the Walking Tall movies, from the period, but knew even then it was more Hollywood than factual. The ones made with Dwayne Johnson taking place up in Washington ( which were filmed in BC ), were pretty stupid, the way they catered to political correctness.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They must have a good reason to exhume her. It takes one to get permission.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by reivertom
They must have a good reason to exhume her. It takes one to get permission.

Yeah, another book.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The parking lot and the Buford Pusser Museum has been packed for the past few days.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
50 yrs whats left?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bet that smells lovely

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.