Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Look like his nose got stuck in a bee hive

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
No remote for that baby. šŸ˜ it does have the vertical and horizontal hold adjustments on the front where they should be ā€¦

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hey wabi, folks thatā€™ve heard it say I do a pretty good Walter Brennan impersonation.

Would you like to hear it?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Salmonella
He was a great actor.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Who loves ya baby!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by navlav8r
No remote for that baby. šŸ˜ it does have the vertical and horizontal hold adjustments on the front where they should be ā€¦

I remember on one of my parents tv's (Zenith?) it had a brushed aluminum-looking plastic cover that pivoted up to reach additional manual picture adjustments: brightness, contrast, etc.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sur Mike

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Loved him in many movies and The Real McCoys! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

ā€œIā€™d like to be a good riflemanā€¦..but, I prefer to be a good hunterā€! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by navlav8r

I remember on one of my parents tv's (Zenith?) it had a brushed aluminum-looking plastic cover that pivoted up to reach additional manual picture adjustments: brightness, contrast, etc.

Used to turn the dial on the console to turn the arial on the roof for better reception.

Me

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Brennan

... Walter Andrew Brennan (July 25, 1894 ā€“ September 21, 1974) was an American actor and singer.[1] He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performances in Come and Get It (1936), Kentucky (1938) and The Westerner (1940), making him one of only three male actors to win three Academy Awards, and the only male or female actor to win three awards in the supporting actor category. Brennan was also nominated for his performance in Sergeant York (1941). Other noteworthy performances were in To Have and Have Not (1944), My Darling Clementine (1946), Red River (1948) and Rio Bravo (1959).

... Early life

Brennan was born in Lynn, Massachusetts on July 25 1894, less than two miles from his family's home in Swampscott, Massachusetts.[2] His parents were both Irish immigrants.[3] His father was an engineer and inventor, and young Brennan also studied engineering at Rindge Technical High School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.[4]

While working as a bank clerk, he enlisted in the U.S. Army and served as a private with the 101st Field Artillery Regiment in France during World War I.[2][5] He served in France for two years.[6] "While there, he suffered an injury to his vocal cords from exposure to mustard gas that left him with his screen trademark: a distinctively reedy, high-pitched voice that became a favorite for celebrity impersonators for decades."[7]

After the war, he worked as a financial reporter for a newspaper in Boston.[8] During the early 1920s, he made a fortune in the real estate market, but lost most of his money during the 1925 real estate slump.[4]
Career

... Religious and political views

Brennan, a Roman Catholic, did not publicize his own religious affiliation, but declared in 1964, "I'm too old not to be a religious fella. ... It appears we are losing something a lot of people made a lot of sacrifices for."[38] That year, Brennan spoke at Project Prayer, a rally attended by 2,500 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The gathering, hosted by Anthony Eisley, sought to flood Congress with letters in support of school prayer following two decisions by the Supreme Court in 1962 and 1963 that had invalidated the practice of mandatory prayer in public schools, which the court ruled to have conflicted with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.[38]

According to his biographer Carl Rollyson, Brennan was fiercely opposed to communism and reportedly branded people as communists if they supported John F. Kennedy. Rollyson wrote that Brennan "thought that the Watts riots could have been stopped 'with a machine gun'." Rollyson also reported that Brennan's home "included a bunker stocked with weapons and food in anticipation of a Soviet invasion." Brennan reportedly expressed satisfaction at the murder of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., much to the shock of the cast and crew of The Guns of Will Sonnett, and also rejoiced in the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy.[39] Everett Greenbaum, who wrote 32 episodes of The Real McCoys, described Brennan as a bigot who frequently uttered racist remarks.[40]

A staunch conservative Republican and a member of the Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals, Brennan supported Barry Goldwater in the 1964 United States presidential election because Goldwater had voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, but Brennan later endorsed George Wallace in 1968, believing that Richard Nixon was too liberal for a Republican. In 1972, Brennan endorsed far-right candidate John Schmitz, who like Brennan, was a member of the John Birch Society. Brennan served as finance chairman and narrated ads in support of Schmitz's campaign.[41][42] Brennan also endorsed Ronald Reagan in the 1966 California gubernatorial election and in his reelection in 1970.[43][35]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2
... Religious and political views

(((Everett Greenbaum))), who wrote 32 episodes of The Real McCoys, described Brennan as a bigot who frequently uttered racist remarks.[40]

IOW, Brennan was a man of his time and was unashamedly supportive of White Western Civilization.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Sur Mike

There. Howā€™s that!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Always thought it was funny, he is mainly associated with Westerns, and a few about down south...

And then all of his conservatism ( which I like ), hard to believe he was out of Massachusetts... or at least the way we see Massachusetts over the last 50 plus years...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

ā€œOwning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.ā€ ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Come on man, he nearly blew Dudes head off.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Judge Roy Bean

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (01Foreman400, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,341
Posts18,487,734
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.