-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I knew a guy who got a young foxy Russian bride. We went out shooting and took her Russian mother that did not speak English.

We handed out yellow ear plugs, and the old lady popped them in her mouth and started chewing.

She wasn't spitting them out, so we may assume she had low standards in groceries.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
A good statement. Congratulations to you.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Morewood
What this highlights to me is two cultures heading in opposite directions. Take a walking tour of Moscow vs a walking tour of Kensington Ave. Philadelphia. Where would you rather raise a family?

Alaska, Arizona, pretty much anywhere in a redish state, outside of a major democrat run [bleep].

I understand your love for Russia and your hatred for America, but why pick the biggest [bleep] in the USA and compare it to one of the nicer spots in Russia? Care to expound on Russia's gun control laws?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
taxes in russia are complicated, and don't work like taxes do here. The government still subsidizes much of the economy. Average man on the street really does not make much money. They have inflation just like everyone else, but they hide it. Kinda. Sorta.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Also in Russia, you are expected, if you want some public service done, to bribe the public employee. No one expects to pay the official price for any kind of public service. Anyway, this is what I hear. This is likely a leftover from the communist days.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Also in Russia, you are expected, if you want some public service done, to bribe the public employee. No one expects to pay the official price for any kind of public service. Anyway, this is what I hear. This is likely a leftover from the communist days.
probably leftover from pre communist days.

The "bite" has been around a very long time.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Life for expats in Russia is generally comfortable, with expenses such as groceries and utility bills being fairly inexpensive even in major cities such as Moscow. Outside of the major metropolitan areas, prices are even cheaper, with lower bills for food and transportation.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

That’s pretty much not happening anymore

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
What this highlights to me is two cultures heading in opposite directions. Take a walking tour of Moscow vs a walking tour of Kensington Ave. Philadelphia. Where would you rather raise a family?

Alaska, Arizona, pretty much anywhere in a redish state, outside of a major democrat run [bleep].

I understand your love for Russia and your hatred for America, but why pick the biggest [bleep] in the USA and compare it to one of the nicer spots in Russia? Care to expound on Russia's gun control laws?

First time I visit Anchorage 30 years ago I was surprised what a schithole it was. How many cities in the US with a population over 1 million have you lived in?? You seem pretty knowledgeable

Would you let your wife alone at night in NYC and take the metro at 11 pm alone?

Are car jackings common in Russia like the US? Lol

The standard of living is sci high now in the US you don't even have to pay when shopping

Last edited by ribka; 02/15/24.
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
inflation in American Markets. What?
Country that is supposedly getting crushed in war has cheap groceries...

https://twitter.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/status/1758083759079923816
If my calcs are right, average Russian monthly salary is about 73,000 Rubles or $791 USD
Makes the $100 grocery bill not such a bargain.

It’s really embarrassing how dumb some American are

The average monthly salary in Moscow where Tucker was shopping is about $4000 a month. Healthcare is free. 13 per cent income tax

Americans pay almost 40 per cent of income in taxes. Fed tax state tax sales tax real estate tax

There have been people in the US pushing for a nationalize healthcare system to pay for health care for decades. If that's what you want, feel free to vote for those that support it.

Russia gets 43% of its government revenue a mineral extraction tax, that includes oil, gas, gold etc. I've been say for years that we are subsidizing big industry forever by not charging them enough for extracting those things from public lands.

They get another be chunk of revenue from a VAT tax. People have proposed that in the US. It makes some difference in its effects on the economy, but as a practical manner for an individual it is just the difference of taxing money when you earn it vs taxing money when you spend it.

Last edited by RHOD; 02/15/24.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image from e74sq7k37a8.exactdn.com]

This was topic was probably chosen because of the steep rise in grocery prices in the USA.

my experience says that number is way too low

To buy $100 from 2014 would probably be closer to $200 by my count now
Well, yeah, but the govt is never gonna tell you how bad they've screwed up.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

That’s pretty much not happening anymore

ROFLMAO

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
What are the fuel costs etc in the other country for transport of good?.

Exactly
January 29, 2021:
"On his second day in office, President Biden signed Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis. The biggest takeaway from the Executive Order was the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline permit...

Last week the administration also issued Secretarial Order No. 3395, which implemented a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for federal land and water.

This week President Biden followed that action up with Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad. The biggest takeaway from this order was an indefinite “pause on new oil and natural gas leases on public lands” until a comprehensive review on the climate change impacts can be completed."

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
lol. not even close. caught lying again

Originally Posted by RHOD
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
inflation in American Markets. What?
Country that is supposedly getting crushed in war has cheap groceries...

https://twitter.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/status/1758083759079923816
If my calcs are right, average Russian monthly salary is about 73,000 Rubles or $791 USD
Makes the $100 grocery bill not such a bargain.

It’s really embarrassing how dumb some American are

The average monthly salary in Moscow where Tucker was shopping is about $4000 a month. Healthcare is free. 13 per cent income tax

Americans pay almost 40 per cent of income in taxes. Fed tax state tax sales tax real estate tax

There have been people in the US pushing for a nationalize healthcare system to pay for health care for decades. If that's what you want, feel free to vote for those that support it.

Russia gets 43% of its government revenue a mineral extraction tax, that includes oil, gas, gold etc. I've been say for years that we are subsidizing big industry forever by not charging them enough for extracting those things from public lands.

They get another be chunk of revenue from a VAT tax. People have proposed that in the US. It makes some difference in its effects on the economy, but as a practical manner for an individual it is just the difference of taxing money when you earn it vs taxing money when you spend it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin

First time I visit Anchorage 30 years ago I was surprised what a schithole it was. How many cities in the US with a population over 1 million have you lived in?? You seem pretty knowledgeable

Would you let your wife alone at night in NYC and take the metro at 11 pm alone?

Are car jackings common in Russia like the US? Lol

The standard of living is sci high now in the US you don't even have to pay when shopping

LOL. Tell me more about Anchorage.

Go to treatment. At least a 30 day program. It will save your life.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That's almost $800 with the exchange rate. Russians spend about 60% of their income on groceries.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Actually if you look at the cash register readout it was 9,889 rubles = $109 us.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Notice how the $100 of groceries in 2014 stayed that way until Biden's administration. Then it skyrocketed upward.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Americans already pay for every citizen to get unlimited free healthcare. The only problem is we're paying for it in Israel. US tax payers are paying for every dime of free nationalized healthcare Israeli citizens use. Every dime.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

???
I have zero clue what percentage of overall US federal revenue comes from mineral royalties, but I believe the feds get roughly 16-18% of O&G royalties from extraction of federal leases, depending on particulars.....where the state that the federal leases are located in gets an additional 50%.
Maybe I am not reading you right, but your point isn't making sense to me...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,895
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.