Print Thread
Hop To
B
boatboy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ok I have been working with the TV on in the background and have Swamp people serpent invasion

I understand it’s TV and lots of BS
But when the do the Python round up
First why not just kill them? Shoot with a 410 or something like that

Second they catch them by hand in real life wouldn’t you take a long pole with a v at the end and just pin their head?

Or am I missing something
I have to admit no matter how you do it it would take balls
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

A
acy Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Shooting them seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there's a plus to bringing them in alive, but I see mixed messages online. The rest is all theater as any handler I've ever seen packs a couple sticks, one with a noose, for a safe and efficient catch.

I've also wondered how often producers toss the snake back out just to acquire more footage. One could use one snake, move 20 yds, dump it out, and film a whole show.

Once heard of a fisherman that packed a single salmon to several streams in Alaska for a whole array of nettings.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/15/24.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Florida is pretty adamant about euthanizing them humanely. I would think a load of #4’s to the head would be pretty humane.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They sell them.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

B
boatboy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Florida maybe adamant about humane
But they are not when they grab other animals

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by boatboy
Ok I have been working with the TV on in the background and have Swamp people serpent invasion

...<snip>...

You still watching television shows?... smile Not snakes but interesting, IMO...

video posted to YouTube on Dec 20, 2023
YouTube channel: Iguana Solutions

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never sampled one of those lizards, but a grad student from Mexico says they make fine grub. Looks like the lady can shoot.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

video posted to YouTube on Sep 24, 2023

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
Never sampled one of those lizards, but a grad student from Mexico says they make fine grub. Looks like the lady can shoot.

I've never tried one either.

I enjoy watching her channel. It surprised me the different types of areas that utilize her services.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Florida has some really retarded laws about killing things.

That, and as mentioned, they likely sell them.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It’s pretty likely that states where they pay bounties on pythons want them brought in alive and are killed after the bounty is paid so that people can’t parade a dead python to multiple places, collecting multiple bounties on one snake.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Florida is an invasive species cesspool. Last time I checked we have over 3800 unwelcome critters, fish and plants growing here. Paradise trashed it is.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My son was in Puerto Rico in 2017 to help with Hurricane clean up. The USACE were staying a hotel and while there my son and a friend killed an iguana and had surf and turf, hurricane style. 😎😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by SS336; 02/16/24.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Can it be that since they seem to be hunting in summer, keeping them alive means meat and skins won't spoil before it can be processed.

They keep saying that the state says the snakes must be dispatched in a "humane manner"!
A baseball bat or .410 to the head should do it!

I suppose taking a live snake to a buyer and allowing them to dispatch them is ok. Keeps hunters from selling the same snakes over and over.
As I understand it, Florida pays a bounty depending on the snakes size. I can only surmise the snakes must be dispatched at that time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would treat those invasive snakes like coyotes or hogs, and shoot every damn one I see. Screw those things, feed them lead and walk away.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hat bands & boots

GOA
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Florida is an invasive species cesspool. Last time I checked we have over 3800 unwelcome critters, fish and plants growing here. Paradise trashed it is.

We get that many in half a day. Thanks to pukes like Buzztail, Jell-O, Sickermore, Gayghost and Houston_2.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
There was a special on Florida pythons on tv when I was at the gym yesterday riding the bicycle. They went on and on about how there are over 2 million pythons in the Everglades, and they have destroyed the ecosystem. The snakes have eaten all the raccoons and possums etc.

These guys were on a python hunt and they had a dog especially trained to track down pythons. In a half hour they finally came upon a 10 foot python. I figured they'd shoot it and move on to find another snake. No, the guy captured the snake by hand. They were going to take it back to the lab and weigh it etc.

WTF? They need a dozen hunter-killer teams to simply shoot every python on sight.

It was closed captioned only, no sound, but they said something about the local Indian tribe doesn't want whities to kill snakes. Some PC Indian BS.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,264
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.