Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
I went back across the pond recently to reconnect with Ready. 'Twas our 8th adventure together - how time flies.

Mrs. FC & I began with a few days together in Berlin. My wife remarked that they must have truth in advertising laws there. If the coffee is suspect...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

or the trucks are fast...

... then they must be required to conspicuously display that information.

Our hotel suggested lots of attractions, some of which were a hard pass:

In the end, we toured a whole lot of old buildings, mostly churches. They were universally huge and ornate:

There are some things that neither camera lenses, nor words, can adequately capture. It's does a man good to be reminded, from time to time, how small he really is.

Ready was gracious enough to brave the big city one evening, bringing his better half along for meet-the-wives night. We've talked for over 10 years of getting together as couples, and finally got it done. An excellent evening, to be sure.

Mrs. FC then embarked for home, while Ready & I set out to do some jäegering. My aim was to collect some replacement 🐗 bristles for the forstdiensthut, and we hunted hard. In the end, I was presented with one shot at a running schwein, which I whiffed badly. Trying hard to find a bright side, I attempted to console myself in the knowledge that the best miss is a clean miss. In the meantime, I'll have to bide my time 'til my next trip to the forst: I wouldn't dream of besmirching the hat with domestic bristles. grin

Nonetheless the hunt was a wild success, for I was able to be a part of a monumental event in a young man's hunting journey. It was an incredible privilege for me to participate. Alas, it's not my story to tell.

As ever, Ready's hospitality was legendary, and his forbearance of my social disgraces was admirable. I'm already looking forward to part 9.

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 02/16/24.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No Coors Light for Carl? Glad you got to meet up with him again.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Coolio.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nice hat.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome that you hot to hook up again.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.