Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
There’s a chicken sandwich place here, couple of locations, called Boxcar Betty’s. Don’t know if it’s a chai or just local or regional, but they’re really good…better than Chick fil A.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wendys and it isnt close

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chik-fil-a spicy pretty good.

Had my first Arby's chix sandwich last week on the run at work with the guys, and that was up there. First one, but I haven't been to an Arby's in at least 30 years, so never had a chance to try one.

My standing all time favorite, while not the "best" is the traditional chicken sandwich from Buger King. I know....I know. But as a young guy back in Germany in the late 80's, BK was what we had on base. And I loved those sandwiches. Every once in a while to this day I'll get a taste for one and hunt down a BK while on a road trip.

Old favorite used to be the KFC mini chicken sandwiches. No idea if they still have them, also haven't been to a KFC in many a year. But recall those were the chit back then. Think they went away, then came back for a bit and I tried some. Wasn't the same. Kind of like the McRib. Loved those as a young guy. Hadn't had one in a lot of years. Got one a year or two ago, had a few bites, and the rest went in the trash. Nasty.

Last edited by DaveR; 02/16/24.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chick-Fil-A with one pack of mayo and two packs of ketchup laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hardees here does well.

Chick-Fil-A is good also.

Tried a Popeyes once, but had to go Condition 1 before entering... so that kinda knock the edge off of the experience.

Fugg a KFC.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Damn, I miss Trump...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I may have missed it, but nobody has yet even mentioned Zaxby's. We got the first one of those in Utah here in Ogden a few years ago. At first it was great, with the place packed all the time. Not lately. Don't know what changed, but the quality just dropped off.

Culver's is generally good food, but I've never had their chicken sammich. Always get the pork loin.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll say Popeye's.

Mind you, I love Popeye's chicken. The sandwich is pretty decent, but I had to be in the mood for it. If you get me in line at Popeye's and I have a choice between a sandwich and a 3 piece box, the sandwich ain't happening.

We had a Chick-Fil-A go in a couple miles from the house. I hadn't been in one in 20 years. This thing was a wonder. You order off the app. There's enough room in the waiting line for 100 cars. When you get to a point in the line, it tells you to confirm your arrival and the stuff is ready when you get up to the 2-lane pickup window. I did the whole schtick, and brought 2 sandwiches home. KYHillChick and I bit in and realized it hadn't been worth the trouble.

You have to understand that our darker neighborhoods on the north side of town have significantly superior soul food, bbq joints and chicken joints. White people food just ain't where it's at. You just have to have the right mindset to go to such places. Mind you, it helps to be a walking landform, and it helps to be on in years. It also helps to be driving a 2004 Caddy Deville. The locals see that as bad enough to survive that long.

BTW: I've got news from the 'Hood re: fried chicken. Be on the lookout for Jamaican or Peruvian fried chicken. We've had both of these go in within 5 miles of the CP. Both have been excellent. The odd thing about the Jamaican is that it gets pieced out in a way that looks rather random. Rather than articulate wings, legs, breasts, and thighs, it looks like a crazy rasta whacked at the bird with a meat cleaver. The taste is quite good. Peruvians? Definitely check out the Peruvians. They have some of the oddest food ideas. It's a mix of a bunch of cultures all thrown together. You might get a bed of octopus fried rice, fried chicken and fries.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chickin patty outs the freezer on a decent roll with some spicy sauce.
The whole bag of patties for the price of a fast food one.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I need to ride down main street here in Columbia to see if The Duck-In is still in business. I use to get their fried chicken sandwiches for lunch to-go......

It is the gold bar standard by which I measure other fast food offerings.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
What's ur favorite?

I like the Popeyes spicy one

Wendy's isnt bad

Didnt care for the KFC one
None, don't care much for fast food anymore, my go to places is mom & pop sit down restaurants much better food good old home cooking at some.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I may have missed it, but nobody has yet even mentioned Zaxby's. We got the first one of those in Utah here in Ogden a few years ago. At first it was great, with the place packed all the time. Not lately. Don't know what changed, but the quality just dropped off.

Culver's is generally good food, but I've never had their chicken sammich. Always get the pork loin.

Years ago when Zaxby’s was just a local joint, it was really good. I don’t think they’ve done a good job holding standards with the huge growth.

I like Culver’s. Only had it a few times but it’s been good.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (308xray, 300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 29 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.