Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BigGnTn
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
So are you going to straighten them, or toss them?? Let us know which method you choose, and what works, if you decide to salvage them.
I am definitely going to try to straighten them. I can’t afford to throw them away. I’m going to use a combination of all the suggestions mentioned starting with the ole Canadian we and wa.

Good luck with it. I know how it is, regarding hard to find brass. I hope you get them ironed out!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When this is the quality of work you do, stop posting pictures and stop giving advice.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I did wonder how this thread got so long, but as soon as I see that the Dwarf of PoW Island chimed in, that quickly explained that. Imagine how lonely some idiot has to be, to go so far out of his way, to cry to the world " I'm right here!!! Give me attention PLEASE!!!!" My favorite thing that Schtick does, that I want to see pictures of, is the several times every couple of months, he falls down the out house hole, because he's drunk while taking a dump. It takes him several days to climb out, since no one is around putting up with him. I WANT TO SEE THAT DOCUMENTED SO WELL, as he attempts to do on everything else... thinking anyone is actually interested. Even his old Emergency Response Team has given up on him, finally realizing what an idiot he is...

BUT back on topic.

I didn't see anyone post about my simple way to solve the OPs problem. I pick up plenty of range brass, that has been fired in some sort of semi auto firearm, and in ejecting the spent case, often ends up mangling the neck. I have found that by simply taking the spindle out of the die, I can size it full length and by doing it slowly ( but not that slow, just don't ram it) it will usually take that out of round ding right out of the neck.. if it doesn't do it in the first try, the second time usually will.

If I have a Hornady Universal neck sizing die, in that bore diameter, that will also put the neck right back into the position you need it to reload the case once again.

Two simple ways. One has no cost attached to it, or roughing up the brass's neck ( removing the spindle)
The Hornady Universal Neck sizer die, usually cost me about $20 or less, so I have a fair number on hand. I take the decapping pin off of the spindle and I've had 20 and 30 years of service out of these type of dies... for $20 or less.

Just passing on what has worked for me...

Back on OFF TOPIC.... Stumpy, go get drunk and fall down the outhouse hole again, and leave the world alone for a couple of days, while you struggle to get out once again....or have you finally figured out to just put a rope down there to make it easier to climb out when you fail down it every couple of weeks...even with two working brain cells, you'll finally get the right idea... while down the hole in a pile of schitt, at least it gives you some time to sober up....until ya get out.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Big Stick
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

............ Salmon.

I saw the same picture on another site.

you don't think short, dopey and stupid looking has been swiping pics from other people on other sites, and acting like that they were actually his instead?

Naw, Schtick is an upstanding and righteous kind of guy. He wouldn't do something like that WOULD HE?? it must be the reason his wife left him the day after their daughter graduated High School. But Schtick does keep her memory alive, by using all the junior high school girls, nail polish choices behind, which he uses to "camo" some of his rifles? Unless he uses it up, using it on his own nails, to attract other gay guys down at the bar in town. Lotta of social reject kind guys like Stumpy all over the place in rural Alaska....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
BigGnTn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Here’s the update: 1. I took a form and trim die with a neck of the same caliber so that the neck diameter was not able to distort past OD. 2. Then used the “we and wa” method that our BC neighbor and others recommended to prepare for next step. 3. Took a pair of round needle nosed pliers and turned them incrementally into the neck as the taper increased until the necks were right back where they belonged.

I worked them over and straightened them so quickly that I regretted making a post which turned into a platform for “Little Twig” to exhibit his demented behavior. Thanks to all of you who were actually trying to be helpful.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
use a die

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by anothergun
use a die
Well well anothercunt is back

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
use a die
I did. Sort of.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by earlybrd
use a die

you boys need a reminder to get back to the basics

Last edited by anothergun; 02/17/24.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
use a die

you boys need a reminder to get back to the basics
LOL

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
But I doo reckon yall ain't quite there yet.. still tryin to figure things out

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
I did wonder how this thread got so long, but as soon as I see that the Dwarf of PoW Island chimed in, that quickly explained that. Imagine how lonely some idiot has to be, to go so far out of his way, to cry to the world " I'm right here!!! Give me attention PLEASE!!!!" My favorite thing that Schtick does, that I want to see pictures of, is the several times every couple of months, he falls down the out house hole, because he's drunk while taking a dump. It takes him several days to climb out, since no one is around putting up with him. I WANT TO SEE THAT DOCUMENTED SO WELL, as he attempts to do on everything else... thinking anyone is actually interested. Even his old Emergency Response Team has given up on him, finally realizing what an idiot he is...

BUT back on topic.

I didn't see anyone post about my simple way to solve the OPs problem. I pick up plenty of range brass, that has been fired in some sort of semi auto firearm, and in ejecting the spent case, often ends up mangling the neck. I have found that by simply taking the spindle out of the die, I can size it full length and by doing it slowly ( but not that slow, just don't ram it) it will usually take that out of round ding right out of the neck.. if it doesn't do it in the first try, the second time usually will.

If I have a Hornady Universal neck sizing die, in that bore diameter, that will also put the neck right back into the position you need it to reload the case once again.

Two simple ways. One has no cost attached to it, or roughing up the brass's neck ( removing the spindle)
The Hornady Universal Neck sizer die, usually cost me about $20 or less, so I have a fair number on hand. I take the decapping pin off of the spindle and I've had 20 and 30 years of service out of these type of dies... for $20 or less.

Just passing on what has worked for me...

Back on OFF TOPIC.... Stumpy, go get drunk and fall down the outhouse hole again, and leave the world alone for a couple of days, while you struggle to get out once again....or have you finally figured out to just put a rope down there to make it easier to climb out when you fail down it every couple of weeks...even with two working brain cells, you'll finally get the right idea... while down the hole in a pile of schitt, at least it gives you some time to sober up....until ya get out.

Some people suffer from legitimate disorders:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pseudobulbar-affect/symptoms-causes/syc-20353737#:~:text=Pseudobulbar%20affect%20(PBA)%20is%20a,way%20the%20brain%20controls%20emotion.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I can't believe that this thread is up to 5 pages for a simple fix to a common problem that was answered by every post (except the last one) on the first page.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
not hard to believe 5 pages man..... but some people who like to dig too deep on such a simple process

USE A DIE was the right answer, but some think other wise.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
use a die
I did. Sort of.

SORT OF.....that's why this form is goofy

Last edited by anothergun; 02/19/24.
B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
use a die
I did. Sort of.

I posted what I did.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
use a die
I did. Sort of.

I posted what I did.

He's a troll.

Shows up now and again to do troll stuff here in the reloading section. He seems to get off on making the simple threads as many pages as he can.

Just don't feed the troll.

If he isn't a troll then he's squarely in Stick's camp not understanding your question. Only a dumbass would insist on jambing a bent to hell case neck/mouth in a die expecting magical things to happen without straightening it a bit first.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Roughly, how many times a day do you think about me? HINT.

I can't believe you said that to another man. That is soooo creepy.

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Feral_American
use a die
I did. Sort of.

I posted what I did.

He's a troll.

Shows up now and again to do troll stuff here in the reloading section. He seems to get off on making the simple threads as many pages as he can.

Just don't feed the troll.

If he isn't a troll then he's squarely in Stick's camp not understanding your question. Only a dumbass would insist on jambing a bent to hell case neck/mouth in a die expecting magical things to happen without straightening it a bit first.
Gotcha

Last edited by BigGnTn; 02/19/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your Opiate Addled Whining Brokedicktitude,is almost as hilarious as the Fact that you are a Lying Piece Of CLUELESS Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you "get" to Dream and Pretend aloud. Hint.

.620 BC's at 2820fps Dasher,is a rather nice place to be,with single digit ES/SD. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

DroolPoint,

How many times a day,do you think about me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You gals should duel for THE Title. Hint.

Fhuqking Laughing!....................

SuperKchunt,

Your Man Lust Fantasies are hardly "secreted"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Funnier than fhuqk,that you had to steal your Avatar to boot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

You gals are a "rugged" lot. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 77 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,148
Posts18,484,212
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.