Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by brinky72
Ringing steel at 250 yards with the 10/22. Perhaps the most entertaining thing I’ve done in awhile.

Cool! on my to do list. Talking others to join you gets a lot of weird looks.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
Ringing steel at 250 yards with the 10/22. Perhaps the most entertaining thing I’ve done in awhile.

It takes a bit of hold over but walking them into the target is amusing especially when you can literally see the bullet drop into view and hit the steel. I’m thinking I’m going to get a 40 MOA base and put my SWFA 6X42 Tactical on it. Yes, that fun. And maybe get some more accurate and consistent 22 ammo. At that distance with the fresh dusting of snow I was watching the bullet come into view and strike the ground in front of the steel. It looked like someone was throwing the bullet at the target it was going so slow.

Last edited by brinky72; 02/17/24.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

It takes a bit of hold over but walking them into the target is amusing especially when you can literally see the bullet drop into view and hit the steel. I’m thinking I’m going to get a 40 MOA base and put my SWFA 6X42 Tactical on it. Yes, that fun. And maybe get some more accurate and consistent 22 ammo. At that distance with the fresh dusting of snow I was watching the bullet come into view and strike the ground in front of the steel. It looked like someone was throwing the bullet at the target it was going so slow.

During the summer im always at my buddies property in port Gibson MS. Off the back porch of his camp there is a feeder that is spot on 200yds. He has a target 10/22 zero'd for it. We cook and drink, then usually around midnight we take it to the back porch and shoot coons/possums under that feeder with that gun. There is a solar powered sniper hog light that's remote controlled from the camp and we have a ball. Sometimes we use my 17hmr, but we have more instant kills with the 10/22 oddly enough, plus it makes a lot less noise than the HMR. It likes Aguila ammo. We love the big delay you get from the bang...to the poof sound when your on target.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Saw General Charles Flynn in a Fairbanks hotel Friday morning, kind of at random. Nice guy.

Checked my wolf and wolverine traps today (all empty). Whacked one Willow ptarmigan that I stumbled upon.

Changed the oil in my snowmachine. Had pizza and a beer.

Trying to decide if I should slaughter the ptarmigan tomorrow or concentrate on looking for lynx tracks to set on. The good bird spots generally aren’t Lynx country. I’ll decide in the morning.

Don’t have a clue what I will do on Monday…may check the traps again.

Ho hum weekend, other than the a 4 star encounter.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Installed under the cabinet lighting in the kitchen, worked on my Savage 99 .358 Win, cleaned and resized said .358 brass, maybe load it tomorrow. Deer season has been over for a week and I got the deer joneses.
Pressure washed the Suburban to get all the hunt club mud off it, fed the backyard does, drink some Knob Creek…
My week is 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday. I might shoot at the range tomorrow after church if it’s not windy.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Just got a new right knee on Monday the 12th so hope to recover some more and light pt..mb
I’m in the same boat, had my right knee done on Friday the 2nd, kind of down in the dumps last couple days.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's done, the engine fits like a glove and no leaks!!

Before.
[Linked Image]

Cut.
[Linked Image]

Ground and fitted.
[Linked Image]

Ready for paint.
[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For you guys with new knees hang in there, it sucks for a while. I wanted to die for a month then I slowly saw progress. By 5 months I killed a bear and winched it out of a canyon. It takes a year or more to heal though.

LOL
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
500 yard barnyard rifle shoot tomorrow. I shot an 800 a month or so ago, I should be ready.

The only prize is being the talk of the local gun shop next week. An incentive to do your best without being an ass about it is the tricky part.

40 deg & not terrible wind but pickups & switching constantly, about 20mph. My 308 hitting a 10" plate no prob. but the 6" gave me trouble,,, embarrassed. Guess I'm a fair weather shooter as the 308 is a <1/2" gun.

Funny, had to try my LR AR with 50 gr Vmax knowing the conditions not favorable. Humanoid hit zone maybe, but couldn't connect on a 6" plate. All fun though,
a new farm, different group of shooters & maybe still learning things.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Before.
[Linked Image]

Cut.
[Linked Image]

Ground and fitted.
[Linked Image]

Ready for paint.
[Linked Image]

What did you weld it with?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Before.
[Linked Image]

Cut.
[Linked Image]

Ground and fitted.
[Linked Image]

Ready for paint.
[Linked Image]

What did you weld it with?

Lincoln 180 Mig with .023 wire. I use the Lincoln for light stuff and a Miller 252 for the heavy stuff and I still find uses for my 1970's Lincoln tombstone.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nice work.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What are your go to traps and sets for wolves? Hoping some day they open it up for wolves in Michigan again. I’m looking at MB 650’s triple swivel with a drag. For coyotes dirt hole sets work for the young crowd but for the salty dogs they usually go with blind flat sets. 550 triple swivel staked or drags depending on cover are what most use for coyotes.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Plan to fix a good home cooked meal for us. Had too many appointments this week and more next week -out of town.
Getting fitted for new prosthetic left leg Monday. Supposed to be diffferent type joint in the foot so I want be so flat footed, and lighter. Been wearing a shrinker at nights. Having lots of phantom pain with the unsettled weather. Hope to fire up Kamoto Joe with an assortment of meat: brisket, chicken, chops, hamburgers and bologna. Supposed to rain tonight. Might make a batch of chili. Shoot the CZ 452 while cooking. Wound care nurse supposed to be here Friday; did a culture last week of a suspicious growth where they did a skin graft. Want to paint a small landscape of a shotgun tenant house - Mississippi Delta scene. Inspired by the pencil sketch of the trout here on Campfire. Look for my knife making stuff; been inspired by the ones on the Fire lately. Laid back weekend. Campfire means a lot to me.

Last edited by carrollco; 02/22/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wiring cuz's new cabin.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,676
Posts18,513,311
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.