Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
That voice is being heard and I feel the same frustration that it is not being heeded.

Joining is an individual decision. I will not attempt to persuade anyone NOT to join because of things I cannot control.
There is always room for improvement. I don't think any organization has been without fault or had its need for change at times.
And it is a desperate time for such, I freely admit. I'm pushing for the wheels of change to roll in a correct direction.
Yep, sickens me the past selfish disregard for the organization by the previous leadership.

I can only relate what I have benefited from over my years of membership, and I do attempt to pass along something good from it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ldholton
nobody's noticed the original Post in this thread is now over 11 years old..

Holy crap, no I didnt! lol
nice

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
gt,

Good points. Read how the Nazi's chipped away, one thing/group at a time, until they had the whole populating under their control.

They divided and conquered. Does that ring a bell...? If the Jewish people had not been so passive and trusting, but had turned into hard core, gun toting street fighters, things may have been different. At least they would have gone down at great expense to the regime, not herded like cattle into gas chambers.

Now, to those who don't seem to learn from history... frown

DF

Warsaw - but they still lost, betrayed by the Russians in part, under manned and under weaponed for the rest.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
75 member board?? I don't think so! FUGG 'EM!! Not one dime!! They're as useless as Republicans!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WTM45
Who knows?

I simply refuse to throw out an entire organization, made up of good folks like you and me due to leadership issues.
You don't scuttle a ship because the current captain cannot be trusted to sail it.
If you are going to sail the ship of reform you first have to put together an honest crew. Wayne's crew is still on the ship.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
75 member board?? I don't think so! FUGG 'EM!! Not one dime!! They're as useless as Republicans!

And once the board is gone it will be not one more dime for some other reason. Broke dicks will always find a reason to keep moving the goal posts. lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heller was the nail in the coffin for me.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
nobody's noticed the original Post in this thread is now over 11 years old..

I did.

Figured, correctly, that shills wouldn't.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Who knows?

I simply refuse to throw out an entire organization, made up of good folks like you and me due to leadership issues.
You don't scuttle a ship because the current captain cannot be trusted to sail it.

Does the organization operate per your directions, the leaderships' directions, or are the directions you would give the same as leadership?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They haven't corrected their problem yet. Buttfugk them.
AYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"not too grumpy"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85

And once the board is gone it will be not one more dime for some other reason. Broke dicks will always find a reason to keep moving the goal posts. lol
So, we are "broke dicks" for not wasting our money on proven prodigals and outright thieves?

The NRA ship is going down and other ships have pulled along side to rescue everyone except the pirates.

I remain, a disappointed life member and from now on no matter what the NRA gets not a nickel more from me.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Strop10
Who knows?

Does the organization operate per your directions, the leaderships' directions, or are the directions you would give the same as leadership?

I highly doubt they would like the budget or expense account boundaries I would set.
I admit, I have never operated inside the beltway.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You know it was very important to have NRA outreach trips to Europe, and to India and to Africa and the Caribbean resorts. And private jet rides for security, even for family and their hair dressers.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
You know it was very important to have NRA outreach trips to Europe, and to India and to Africa and the Caribbean resorts. And private jet rides for security, even for family and their hair dressers.

And anyone not wanting to fund that must love Chuck Schumer lol

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Hastings

And anyone not wanting to fund that must love Chuck Schumer lol
That's what they say.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
NRA needs to clean its house and show some accountability with member's funds. They remind me of Union's with bosses getting most of the benefits.

Last edited by duke61; 02/19/24.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Look Dude....I was a Life Member in 1955, shot High Powder Rifle Competition for fifty years and dealt with the NRA Competition Division all during that time; over-looking error after error on their part but I continued to support them all during those years. But ever since Pierre has been the head of the organization I can no longer overlook the outright corruption that little Dewayne has done; all apparently OK with the board members good graces! As a consequence of all of this as far as I'm concerned I've already stated....FUGG 'EM!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 02/19/24.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

The nra crapped their own bed. They may or may not get things corrected, but in the mean time, they're lucky to have John-burns level ambassadors out trying to win back their supporters.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by duke61
NRA needs to clean its house and show some accountability with member's funds. They remind me of Union's with bosses getting most of the benefits.

Agree 100%!

I've been following the trial and some of the testimony, the place is a chit show. The forensic accountant's report is particularly damning. It's telling that they only started to make "some" changes after the the 2020 complaint was filed.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'd better hurry and get right on this. Wayne's probably needing a pension check. I'm glad you woke my broke dik up.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.