Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Democrat mantra has always been, "Never Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste."

Since the weaponization of the FBI, DOJ, DNI, etc., that has changed to,

"Create The Crisis, Exploit It and Use It to Further Their Agenda".

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102

That just can't be...

You informed us all here that MN had much more gun friendly laws than Texas.

LOL

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That just can't be...

You informed us all here that MN had much more gun friendly laws than Texas.

LOL
They do, for now.

This is proposed legislation.

Last edited by steve4102; 02/19/24.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They do, for now.

More lies.

MN has never had ranking as a gun friendly state. In fact you have to register your "assault weapons" now, and have a concealed carry permit to even buy one... IIRC.

Now you say it's just "proposed legislation". Weren't you saying just yesterday that the bill will most assuredly get signed now?

Keep trying though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I would gladly give up all my rights to be able to carry in a bar. How bout you Barry?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They do, for now.

More lies.

MN has never had ranking as a gun friendly state. In fact you have to register your "assault weapons" now, and have a concealed carry permit to even buy one... IIRC.

Now you say it's just "proposed legislation". Weren't you saying just yesterday that the bill will most assuredly get signed now?

Keep trying though.

Not true on both counts

I said now that a couple cops were shot, those Legislators that were against this legislation, or on the fence will now be pressured by LE Officials to vote in favor

Last edited by steve4102; 02/19/24.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They do, for now.

More lies.

Keep trying though.

I have no love of Steve but rockinbbar is factually incorrect in his statement. Unless he means that Minnesota has never been listed in any ranking of states as even being last on such a list would be considered a ranking.

I would be interested in seeing the list (or any list) that shows the "ranking" of the state's in "gun friendliness" and where Minnesota stands in it. A mention of the criteria used would be helpful. In many ways Minnesota has become more gun friendly in the last couple of decades than in the past.

Minnesota does not require registration of so called assault weapons- at least not at this time. There is and has been such proposals but none have been passed at this time. That is not to say none ever will but that is a future concern and not a present reality.

One does not need a concealed carry permit to purchase said assault rifles. One does need a free permit to purchase to purchase these firearms which is no different than buying a handgun. Which I believe (but won't state as fact) is a Federal rather than state requirement. A carry permit is an acceptable alternative to a permit to purchase but it takes longer to acquire and costs considerably more.

As an aside, Minnesota does not issue a concealed carry permit. It issues a carry permit which allows both open and concealed carry. It even allowed for the carrying of long guns but I think that may have been amended recently.

Personal animosity seems to run rampant in some leading to clouded judgement. Depending on one's viewpoint Texas/Minnesota can be better/worse than the other with no real objective winner. I found some aspects of Texas gun rights to be more restrictive than Minnesota's while others to be looser. In either case, one could easily work around them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
They do, for now.

More lies.

Keep trying though.

I have no love of Steve but rockinbbar is factually incorrect in his statement. Unless he means that Minnesota has never been listed in any ranking of states as even being last on such a list would be considered a ranking.

I would be interested in seeing the list (or any list) that shows the "ranking" of the state's in "gun friendliness" and where Minnesota stands in it. A mention of the criteria used would be helpful. In many ways Minnesota has become more gun friendly in the last couple of decades than in the past.

Minnesota does not require registration of so called assault weapons- at least not at this time. There is and has been such proposals but none have been passed at this time. That is not to say none ever will but that is a future concern and not a present reality.

One does not need a concealed carry permit to purchase said assault rifles. One does need a free permit to purchase to purchase these firearms which is no different than buying a handgun. Which I believe (but won't state as fact) is a Federal rather than state requirement. A carry permit is an acceptable alternative to a permit to purchase but it takes longer to acquire and costs considerably more.

As an aside, Minnesota does not issue a concealed carry permit. It issues a carry permit which allows both open and concealed carry. It even allowed for the carrying of long guns but I think that may have been amended recently.

Personal animosity seems to run rampant in some leading to clouded judgement. Depending on one's viewpoint Texas/Minnesota can be better/worse than the other with no real objective winner. I found some aspects of Texas gun rights to be more restrictive than Minnesota's while others to be looser. In either case, one could easily work around them.
What started this nonsense was MAC from TX and Ltppowell from TX, who got their panties in a wad over Fire Members critizing TX politicians like Crenshaw, Cornyn and Cruz. Their mantras were basically, “ You need to clean up your own State before you even think about criticizing TX politicians”.

In other words, criticism of TX was Verboten.

It escalated from there with guys like rockenbbar and Big Jim attempting to lie they way to superiority.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
MN going full commie again.

I see the DFL is trying to get a law passed to allow private daycare to mandate covid shots for kids.

Y'all need to leave that hell hole. Most of my friends who were there have fled to better states.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I see the DFL is trying to get a law passed to allow private daycare to mandate covid shots for kids.

Y'all need to leave that hell hole. Most of my friends who were there have fled to better states.
Too old to leave, gunna stay and fight.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
In fact you have to register your "assault weapons" now, and have a concealed carry permit to even buy one... IIRC.

What are you talking about?

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tzone
In fact you have to register your "assault weapons" now, and have a concealed carry permit to even buy one... IIRC.

He lies, while calling others liars.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Y'all need to leave that hell hole.

It's in the works.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

LOL He has NO idea...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah. I'm lyin'.... laugh laugh

Might not have quoted the law verbatim, but I think we understand the gist of it.

Here's the example of MN having much more gun friendly laws than Texas.. smile

By having to have a "transferee permit" issued by the state of MN, you do in fact have "registration". No? I mean if the state issues you a permit, they know who has what, right?

As of August 1, 2023, Minnesota will require semiautomatic military-style assault weapon purchasers to obtain a transferee permit unless the purchaser is purchasing from or transacting the sale through a federally licensed dealer.10 Certain transfers between immediate family members and temporary transfers are exempt from this requirement.11 A concealed carry permit constitutes a transferee permit for the purpose of purchasing an assault weapon.12

With certain limited exceptions, if a person wishes to acquire a semiautomatic military-style assault weapon from a federally licensed dealer, but does not have a transferee permit or a permit to carry a handgun, the dealer must file a report with the police chief or sheriff, who then performs a background check.13 See Background Checks in Minnesota for further information.

A person commits a gross misdemeanor if he or she intentionally transfers a semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to a person he or she knows:

Has been denied a permit to carry a weapon because the transferee is not eligible under Minnesota law to possess an assault weapon; or
Has been found ineligible to possess an assault weapon by law enforcement as a result of an application for a transferee permit or transfer report.14

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/assault-weapons-in-minnesota/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
you gotta have either the permit to purchase , or the CC permit to buy an AR in MN , so while there is no state registration of the weapon currently , you can bet the owner's name is kept on a list........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
you gotta have either the permit to purchase , or the CC permit to buy an AR in MN , so while there is no state registration of the weapon currently , you can bet the owner's name is kept on a list........

Much the same as filling out a 4473 under the Biden Administration... Except on a state level, so when they completely ban "assault weapons" in MN, they have a damn good idea who has them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Yeah. I'm lyin'.... laugh laugh

Might not have quoted the law verbatim, but I think we understand the gist of it.

Here's the example of MN having much more gun friendly laws than Texas.. smile

By having to have a "transferee permit" issued by the state of MN, you do in fact have "registration". No? I mean if the state issues you a permit, they know who has what, right?

As of August 1, 2023, Minnesota will require semiautomatic military-style assault weapon purchasers to obtain a transferee permit unless the purchaser is purchasing from or transacting the sale through a federally licensed dealer.10 Certain transfers between immediate family members and temporary transfers are exempt from this requirement.11 A concealed carry permit constitutes a transferee permit for the purpose of purchasing an assault weapon.12

With certain limited exceptions, if a person wishes to acquire a semiautomatic military-style assault weapon from a federally licensed dealer, but does not have a transferee permit or a permit to carry a handgun, the dealer must file a report with the police chief or sheriff, who then performs a background check.13 See Background Checks in Minnesota for further information.

A person commits a gross misdemeanor if he or she intentionally transfers a semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to a person he or she knows:

Has been denied a permit to carry a weapon because the transferee is not eligible under Minnesota law to possess an assault weapon; or
Has been found ineligible to possess an assault weapon by law enforcement as a result of an application for a transferee permit or transfer report.14

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/assault-weapons-in-minnesota/

I'm not saying you're lying. But I am saying you're wrong. There is no registration for them.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

Interesting. Especially since I've never purchased on in MN.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.