Campfire Regular

- Rogue
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good for him. It needs to happen here. I'd love to see Trump sh@$can a bunch of useless programs many that have been in existence since the FDR administration and agencies that are devouring our economy and hampering growth.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had a Florida phone book that only listed Gov't offices within the state, there were so many- it was disgusting.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
RougeHunter,

Thanks for posting, good stuff !!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rainshot
Good for him. It needs to happen here. I'd love to see Trump sh@$can a bunch of useless programs many that have been in existence since the FDR administration and agencies that are devouring our economy and hampering growth.

He had a chance.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago, when the state of CO was slow on the draw to adapt the 0.08% threshold for drunk driving, the Feds threatened to cut-off all Federal funding of programs to the state populace. The local news article stated there were 1,800 Federal programs at risk of being de-funded.

1,800 ???

I couldn't name three off the top of my head.

Things are WAY more fug'd up than peeps can even comprehend. And Government is not going to cut back on this nonsense, they thrive on it. Keeps the cube-rats busy. It will take an external force.

Last edited by SupFoo; 02/20/24.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EdM

He had a chance.

Pretty quick you will find out why he couldnt.....bob

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm from Peru and it is a relief to see that politics are starting to swing back right in South America. He is cleaning house and facing a lot of pushback, Argentina has been so subsidized that there is sticker shock on everything, as his plan eliminated a lot of useless subsidies and is now truing the actual cost of living. Almost half of Argentinians lived off the government in some way, and they feared he would (as he did) fire them, so they would rather live in bureaucracy and let the country rot.
Corruption is rampant so uopefully he is able to continue doing what he has done so far, and show that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel and other countries follow suit.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by EdM

He had a chance.

What was most eye opening during the Trump Presidency was how little control the President truly has over the Executive Branch. We watched 4 years of Trump’s Executive power being undercut at every point.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I had a Florida phone book that only listed Gov't offices within the state, there were so many- it was disgusting.

A couple of years ago, I read where there were two and one half million Federal employees, not counting military.

That's a whole bunch of mainly useless bureaucrats. Without getting rid of a large number of useless, worthless, parasitic government loafers and their unnecessary bureaucracies, things are only going to become worse.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Sponxx
I'm from Peru and it is a relief to see that politics are starting to swing back right in South America. He is cleaning house and facing a lot of pushback, Argentina has been so subsidized that there is sticker shock on everything, as his plan eliminated a lot of useless subsidies and is now truing the actual cost of living. Almost half of Argentinians lived off the government in some way, and they feared he would (as he did) fire them, so they would rather live in bureaucracy and let the country rot.
Corruption is rampant so uopefully he is able to continue doing what he has done so far, and show that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel and other countries follow suit.

Not to Javier Milei's level, but Dina Boluarte has surprised me how she ran from Pedro Castillo's policies. She seems to be going the right direction so far. I was there when he took the "ride" from the palace to the police station. Pretty funny how that all went down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy reminds me of Benny Hill

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by EdM
He had a chance.

BobMt is a smart guy. People should listen to BobMt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'
Laura Farms (YouTube channel) recently visited Argentina.

video posted to YouTube on Dec 1, 2023

video posted to YouTube on Dec 4, 2023

Cheers! Bob F. smile

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.