Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Give me a Pintler for day hunts and a Metcalf for overnights - or just a Metcalf for everything - and that’s the best all-around pack there is.

You can buy the Pintler bag alone and switch out your Metcalf(or other bag) with the MR frame. I was thinking the Marshall looks more better but the Pintler is working fine for me.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB1

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Give me a Pintler for day hunts and a Metcalf for overnights - or just a Metcalf for everything - and that’s the best all-around pack there is.

You can buy the Pintler bag alone and switch out your Metcalf(or other bag) with the MR frame. I was thinking the Marshall looks more better but the Pintler is working fine for me.

Friend I was hunting with this weekend had a pintler. I strapped her rifle in/on the side and it did not have enough side straps to really tightly secure the rifle.

After seeing that, I was glad I went with the SG. Otherwise the pintler was pretty nice

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Friend I was hunting with this weekend had a pintler. I strapped her rifle in/on the side and it did not have enough side straps to really tightly secure the rifle.

After seeing that, I was glad I went with the SG. Otherwise the pintler was pretty nice

Hmm. Newest version must have shorter straps.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
R
R
Wife has a Metcalf 50. It's a cool rig. I just traded a MR 3DAP to a friend for an early Marshall (pre "MT" Guidelight) and gave my 6500 bag to another friend who has a NICE frame.

If it fits your capacity needs, the Metcalf is nimble. I admit, I'm a gear whore, and my kids (college sophomore daughter, HS Freshman Life Scout son) are well set. I bought my first Kifaru about 13 years ago, MR designs are great, HPG too.

Metcalf 50 is a pretty sweet not too big pack that with the meat shelf can carry Marshall/6500 sized loads. I've grown past that (mostly), but, options are good...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,292
Posts18,505,267
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.