-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I guess I need to explain because I really don't understand how the government sees the gunsmithing industry/community,whatever. I guess...
Ok, I applied for an FFL with an 06 ammunition license. Well, the FFL part went well but he cancelled the ammunition production part of my FFL
and said that he would have the ATF issue me a $30 refund. He told me that there was a problem with the city I live in (there isn't,I already got the ok)
and he told me that they were going to have to come back out when I got clearance from the city. I called the and the story that the lady that runs the
department that handles that kind of stuff told me that she told the ATF agent that it was ok for me to manufacture ammunition where I'm at. Hell, all
I'm gonna do is load custom ammo because this is a pretty small place that balloons during deer season. I've been loading ammunition for over 40 years.
I have tuned loads, tightened screws, bedded, floated, you name it for all of my buddies and their friends for a long time so, this ain't a factory... I have a
shop with a lathe, mill, workbench, and loading setup on an old desk that my son found. Blueing tanks out back and a booth that I use to paint and cerakote.
Since I started this with the ATF, it seems like all they've done is stall. I had to resend my fingerprints because they couldn't find my thumbprints on the card.
English was NOT the lady's first language and I think that even though she was good natured and polite, she was actually stupid. I don't like to say that but
if the shoe fits. I sent then the exact same fingerprint card that I guess was processed but WTF over? I know the government hates everyone in the gun industry.
The agent that came to see me was a great guy. Smart and polite. Seemed to know his job well but he didn't answer any of my questions about compliance except
to say that I need to keep all of my paperwork in order and legible. It seemed to me that it is his bosses that discourage issuing 06 ammunition licenses.
Is this about par for the course when dealing with the ATF? Thanks in advance gang. Stay safe if you can...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good luck. I'm rooting for you.

It would seem that "Government by the People for the People" is a foreign concept to the actual government....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Having the ATF at your place has forever put you on their radar. I used to have an FFL and quite renewing it. I have my own tool and die shop so it was just natural to apply that to the gun work around here. No more though. Of course that's exactly what they want. Never forget who is in charge of the federal government right now. Expect no good thing from them.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
More power to ‘ya brother Bart. They just like to make people jump through a lot of hoops. Sometimes the same ones ,over and over.
Power tripping. Just keep on trucking and you will get your 06.

Good luck, God bless.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well...There's more.
The ATF agent apparently lied to me. Sat at my kitchen table and lied right to my face.
The city secretary is honest lady and I believe her. She talked to the chief of police and county judge.
They both gave the ok and look forward to me getting to work. I'm truly miffed. I really hope that this
is an honest misunderstanding and it gets straightened out and I don't have to wait another 4 months.
Oh yeah... I let the dude warm up his lunch in my microwave before he left. Never again...

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good to see you're still kickin', Bart.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Well...There's more.
The ATF agent apparently lied to me. Sat at my kitchen table and lied right to my face.
The city secretary is honest lady and I believe her. She talked to the chief of police and county judge.
They both gave the ok and look forward to me getting to work. I'm truly miffed. I really hope that this
is an honest misunderstanding and it gets straightened out and I don't have to wait another 4 months.
Oh yeah... I let the dude warm up his lunch in my microwave before he left. Never again...

i would have never left them in my house, there are there to snoop around, had a game warden come here last year because the neighbor found a dead starling in there yard, he asked if we could sit down at the table and talk, told him any talking we are going to do is standing in my driveway in the rain, figured i can go in and put dry clothes on he had to sit in his all day

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No surprise at how the ATF agent lied or gave you a run around. Par for the course these days.

That said, it's a treat to see you post Bart. Missed your smiling face.

Sam......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
No surprise at how the ATF agent lied or gave you a run around. Par for the course these days.

but lie to a ATF agent and see what happens, double standards, but lie to the atf and see what happens, freaking double standards, Trump needs to get rid of the ATF

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
tag

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just keep at it, be patient and professional as you are doing. I had to apply for my FFL a couple of times before I got it. After having it for over 25 years, I just let it elapse. Any agent that came to my house for an inspection was always polite and I never had an issue with my log book etc.

Don't give up and present any records to prove your case

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Why are they coming to your home, you do not have a single address and one premises do you?

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bart, have you researched all what's necessary for a license for ammo production? I originally had a license for that but got rid of it when I saw all that had to be noted, recorded, taxed etc.... It was NOT worth it.. Don't know if that's changed, since this was in '98 - but if so, I'd bet it's now even worse..

Good luck pard....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rapier
Why are they coming to your home, you do not have a single address and one premises do you?

Inspections are done at the address on the FFL. If that is your residence then that's where they go.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rapier
I bought a house with a shop out back. I'm in town. One thing he told me was that they could come at any time and I have to
let them do their inspection or whatever they do. I read on the ATF's website that since my FFL address and my home are the
same, they had to give me notice. The agent said that the policy had changed recently. I looked at the ATF's website after he left
and that part wasn't there anymore. It was in July of last year when I read it because that's when I bought a silencer and started
the application process.
I decided that I'm going to be nice no matter what to these people. I've lost some of the piss and vinegar that I used to ooze.
If the government beats me... I'll go down with a smile on my face... Fugg'em...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Thanks Sam... I talk to Les now and again and always ask about you and the gang of turdlike fellers...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy
Good to see you're still kickin', Bart.
Hell yeah I'm still kick'n... Good to hear from you too... Didja ever get rid of all them whiskers?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Bart, have you researched all what's necessary for a license for ammo production? I originally had a license for that but got rid of it when I saw all that had to be noted, recorded, taxed etc.... It was NOT worth it.. Don't know if that's changed, since this was in '98 - but if so, I'd bet it's now even worse..

Good luck pard....
Thanks Lee... I'm in a town of about 5000 folks that balloons to 30,000 during deer season.
There's only 4 places in town that sell ammo and getting something like .35Rem or the European
cartridges in damn near impossible.I'm also gonna do some accurizing/load development. I worked
for a guy in DFW that did that and once he got a rifle to shoot a load he cooked up, they were hooked.
He had been loading for some customers exclusively for over 25 years. There's plenty ways to make a
dollar in this game. I've been reloading seriously for 40 years(help me Jesus I'm gett'n old) so getting
the 06 ammunition license was a no brainer... Except now I have to reapply:( ...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,834
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.